server failures today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today has been teh worst I have seen i years also. Nothins mesh will appear in some regions. Some regions are empty. I have crashed multiple times while attempting to TP which never happens for me. Something is messed up big time.

I have no idea what is going on.  After the Grid status report said that the connectivity issues were fixed, I logged on using firestorm, but it had to "region handshake" 3 times, and when it finally loaded in, nothing mesh was visible.

I tried teleporting to another region, but it failed, and then nothing appeared around me.  Even my mini map was greyed out, excluding the sim I was in.  

Whatever this is, it's most definitely NOT fixed.  :(

Rova

You suffered exactly what I did.  On a well-balanced and nicely running sim (at least it WAS) I took 3 attempts to gain "region capabilities" and once logged in it was as though my comnnection to SL was almost failing...no Friendslist, slow inventory loading, and no mesh rezzing.  I tried twice then changed my login to another sim....no trouble logging in there at all.  All my stuff and lists loaded instantly (as they usually do).  TP'd to home...slow but OK, but no mesh loading.  Relogged and all seemed better.  Spent the evening on other sims...TP'd home and all the problems were back, inventory friendslist...mesh...relogged and all was OK.

Linden Lab, what is broken this time?

And I checked my connection to the correct servers, rebooted PC and modem...all the usualy baloney.  No...this time it was SL and it is NOT fixed yet.

Linden Lab look at the times of these posts...it is blazingly obvious that the connectivity issue is still ongoing!

Oh, and I have submitted a trouble ticket as well, but the site was ridiculously slow to respond..Battery Street...You have a problem!

I've been on SL for almost six years...and tonight is pretty bad.  Avatar is not loading, others' avatars are not loading, inventory will not load, and I have 0 groups.  Friends list is a list of (loading) names, can't see the chat names in local.  Something has been seriously broken, I think.  :(

Well they said they knew about it yesterday Morning the 30th and that they fixed it but they something happend to where it broke again and than they said they were fixing it again.. lets hope they get it right and get back to normal :3

lol I got off work yesterday 5pm central time and went to check forums/market and log in and I was greeted with DNS and how Secondlife.com couldn't be found! I even tried the LL website and that was even gone. I had to find some random ping checker site that kept saying it was working, but saw people there too saying the same thing. I gave up somewhere around midnight.

The thought had crossed my mind that the Lindens finally just packed up and shut down without a word x3

There were some nasty storms affecting the east coast that barrelled through here on Monday. Though I thought the servers were in Cali and Dallas. :\ 

Aeromia wrote:

There were some nasty storms affecting the east coast that barrelled through here on Monday. Though I thought the servers were in Cali and Dallas. :\ 

Unusually hot in San Francisco yesterday and today. Server rooms hate heat. Maybe an air conditioner broke - that can create a nightmare for IT folks when it occurs.

• 2 weeks later...

this IS  getting ridiculous !!!  3 days in a row , TP failures , asset failures, multiple login failures ?  normally it takes 3 to 4 retries to get back in , and  now its reaching almost a dozen D:  .

servers failing to remember were you were last at and puts you somewere you were 6 Hours ago??

it looks like SL  is finally crumbling ,  INDEED LL  needs to focus on fixing the system rather than keep adding NEW useless goodies.  the proverbial last straw that breaks the camels back will soon rear it head . mark my words ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.