NSA spying on Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A3123 wrote:

Why is everyone concerned about their online privacy? If you aren't doing anything wrong then why the commotion? Is it because you are doing stuff you know is wrong the reason why some are so upset at being spied on? If someone catches you cheating on your spouse, should you be mad at them for catching you? If someone finds out you hate a certain race of people, is that their fault or yours? If it is found out you plan to bomb a particular place and they stop you, who should be mad? You that they stopped you? I hope everyone is spying on everyone to keep you retards from messing everything up.

Problem is the people watching make big mistakes here's one of my favorite examples:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jackson_Games,_Inc._v._United_States_Secret_Service

Paratrex wrote:

You think I give a rats a** about this company and their precious community guidelines.  I have never ever met such socially inept , lost, soulless, and ignorant people in my life as the people in this game.
 These people have socially trolled my real life job, my parents and the list goes on.

WHY do any of these "ignorant people" have this information in the first place? Unless you're running around giving out your personal information willy nilly, they have no way of getting it, especially if they're so "ignorant" Sounds like BS to me!

ETA If you DID give out this info, YOU'RE ignorant!

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

Paratrex wrote:

Second Life is the most evil , sadistic, hedonistic game in the world,

LL Marketing just called. They want to know if they can quote you on that in their next promotional piece, as they reckon it's likely to attract just exactly the punters they are desperate for.

**********Rudi**********

.... and now I have the hiccups! Thanks for all the LOLs.

Hope I'm not reposting, but to quote: 'Fun fact: In 2007, a Second Life executive made a pitch to U.S. intelligence agencies about the potential for government spies to use online games “to understand the motivation, context and consequent behaviors of non-Americans through observation, without leaving U.S. soil.” That Second Life executive was a former Navy officer named Cory Ondrejka who had previously worked at the NSA. Ondrejka no longer works at Second Life, the Times notes—he’s now director of mobile engineering at Facebook." 

Here's the link:

Ok, so if no one's read this article... if so, bump

Faye Feldragonne wrote:

Hope I'm not reposting, but to quote: '
Fun fact: In 2007, a 
Second Life
 executive made a pitch to U.S. Intelligence agencies about the potential for government spies to use online games “to understand the motivation, context and consequent behaviors of non-Americans through observation, without leaving U.S. soil.” That 
Second Life
 executive was a former Navy officer named Cory Ondrejka who had previously worked at the NSA. Ondrejka no longer works at 
Second Life
, the 
Times
 notes—he’s now 
." 

Ok, so if no one's read this article... if so, bump

Ohhh Yes - The NSA plan to change internet & personal privacy attitudes so that people confess tons of details about themselves voluntarily is working brilliantly and ahead of schedule. FaceBook!

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

A3123 wrote:

Why is everyone concerned about their online privacy? If you aren't doing anything wrong then why the commotion? Is it because you are doing stuff you know is wrong the reason why some are so upset at being spied on? If someone catches you cheating on your spouse, should you be mad at them for catching you? If someone finds out you hate a certain race of people, is that their fault or yours? If it is found out you plan to bomb a particular place and they stop you, who should be mad? You that they stopped you? I hope everyone is spying on everyone to keep you retards from messing everything up.

Ben Franklin says it best:

"They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Those Who Use This Benjamin Franklin Quote Deserve Not to Be Taken Seriously

Laetizia Coronet wrote:

We all have something to hide.

Speak for yourself. Oh, you did. Inter alia, you also omitted that you are extremely interested in war-machines of all types, which would implicate you further. Your (over)active participation in numerous political forums will also have marked you for monitoring by a number of European agencies. If you're trying to hide, you're not doing a great job of it.

Oh, and would you like to comment on whether your relocation was voluntary or otherwise?

**********Rudi**********

Laetizia Coronet wrote:

a beautiful and sunny place with beaches and mountains all within easy reach, the best food in the world and more culture than you can ever absorb.

I'm sure the Cosa Nostra sponsors lots of nice concerts and exhibits of dead bodies, but it still slightly jars with your previous comment.

Laetizia Coronet wrote:

moved to some Godforsaken place

And I didn't realise that you were religious.

Or are you demonstrating, yet again, your lack of command of the English language.

**********Rudi**********

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

Or are you demonstrating, yet again, your lack of command of the English language.

**********Rudi**********

You started not one, but two sentences with conjunctions. Granted, it may be employed for attention, but I doubt you are a writerer.

A3123 wrote:

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

**********Rudi**********

You started not one, but two sentences with conjunctions. Granted, it may be employed for attention, but I doubt you are a writerer.

It ain't a universal rule. I does it on purpose for emphasis and it obviously works. But it only works if people realise you are doing it unusually and intentionally, like ******* swearing. I can get away with it, as all do no I is a wunnerful awethor.

Oh, and I is a writist not a writerer.

**********Rudi**********

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

**********Rudi**********

It ain't a univesal rule. I does it on purpose for emphasis and it obviously works. But it only works if people realise you are doing it unusually and intentionally, like ******* swearing.

Oh, and I is a writist not a writerer.

**********Rudi**********

You writest well, but your daughter writest best.

A3123 wrote:

She takes after her old man. She has about twenty Twitter feeds under different names and with different personas being presented.

Since she's only 15 you should be careful regarding what you say about her though.

As she is likely to turn up and rip you a new one.

**********Rudi************

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

She takes after her old man. She has about twenty Twitter feeds under different names and with different personas being presented.

Since she's only 15 you should be careful regarding what you say about her though.

Oh, so she is really you. That's cool, I could date you.

A3123 wrote:

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

Are you a bisexual paedophile then?

Please don't tell me you're a furry as well, that would be a joy too far.

**********Rudi**********

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

A3123 wrote:

Are you a bisexual paedophile then?

Please don't tell me you're a furry as well, that would be a joy too far.

**********Rudi**********

You aren't 15 so you can drop that accusation, lover.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.