NSA spying on Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Blizzard Entertainment, World of Warcraft's publisher, says it's not aware of any surveillance taking place. Rudolph Farquhar and Linden Lab, maker of Second Life, declined to comment to the Times."

[i hate giving my opinion to the Times; they twist everything I say so it sounds like I'm intelligent.]

Hey, does that mean I own LL.

In that case, I want to sack the incompetent management immediately.

**********Rudi**********

Paratrex wrote:

How about this one you poor naive people. Has LL told you yet that Microsoft has either already bought or is buying Second Life?  Cats out of the bag with this article.

OMFG!

Do you have any idea  how old the "MS is buying (has bought) SL" story is?

While LL as a privately owned company doesn't have to tell us anything, if MS as a publically traded company would have had to say something if they had bought SL.

This subject was beaten to a bloody pulp ages ago.

But even then, so what if MS bought or plans on buying SL?

Paratrex wrote:

For those of you who dont' like to read this is lifted directly from the article.

"
Blizzard Entertainment, World of Warcraft's publisher, says it's not aware of any surveillance taking place.
Microsoft and Linden Lab
, maker of Second Life, declined to comment to the
Times
"

That's why you're saying the Microsoft bought SL?  Do you really need me, a complete stranger on the net, to provide you with the basics of reading comprehension?  Fine, I'll do it this time (but after this, you're on your own)... the word 'and' is referring to the fact that both companies have declined to comment, not that both companies are the makers of SL.  Any grade school student would be able to understand that sentence as it was written... which makes me think you're being purposefully ignorant.  At least I hope it's on purpose or you've got more problems than the NSA spying on you.

...Dres (Was that on topic enough for you?)

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Paratrex wrote:

For those of you who dont' like to read this is lifted directly from the article.

"
Blizzard Entertainment, World of Warcraft's publisher, says it's not aware of any surveillance taking place.
Microsoft and Linden Lab
, maker of Second Life, declined to comment to the
Times
"

That's why you're saying the Microsoft bought SL?  Do you really need me, a complete stranger on the net, to provide you with the basics of reading comprehension?  Fine, I'll do it this time (but after this, you're on your own)... the word 'and' is referring to the fact that both companies have declined to comment, not that both companies are the makers of SL.  Any grade school student would be able to understand that sentence as it was written... which makes me think you're being purposefully ignorant.  At least I hope it's on purpose or you've got more problems than the NSA spying on you.

...Dres (Was that on topic enough for you?)

*High fives, Dres*  I said the same thing in the other thread, but I said it nicer :matte-motes-kiss:

This article goes into greater detail.  Now tell me why again it's OK for people to read your private messages? Since so many of you seem not be in the least bit fazed. So I guess no matter how extensive spying intrudes on your life your just going to except it like a sheep. Interesting. So I guess then step is a drone outside your bathroom window and a webcam in every room. Would you LIBS be OK with that too?

http://gantdaily.com/2013/12/09/world-of-spycraft-nsa-and-cia-spied-in-online-games/

Paratrex wrote:

This article goes into greater detail.

Yep. It does. It phrases things so that someone with poor reading comprehension wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Microsoft had bought LL.

A spokeswoman for Microsoft declined to comment. Philip Rosedale, the founder of Second Life and a former chief executive officer of Linden Lab, the game’s maker, declined to comment on the spying revelations.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Paratrex:

redacted his statements and replaced all with a big
T

I wonder what it could stand for...

Hmmm. AT&T's ticker symbol is T...

Maybe
they
bought LL?

It's the super secret signal he told his fellow agents at the NSA he would use when he had suceeded in duping us into duping ourselves.

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

*High fives, Dres*  I said the same thing in the other thread, but I said it nicer :matte-motes-kiss:

It's not the least bit surprising that you would have said it nicer than I.  You've always had a way with diplomacy, even when dealing with crazy people.

...Dres *has certainly learned a few things from you over the years, the consistent application of such lessons notwithstanding*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.