NSA spying on Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone, who has absolutely no connection to "Paratrex" or "Nimh", via IM:

I'm not Paratrex. I have 2 alts and they're not secret. What you just did in the forum perfectly illustrates exactly what the article says about you.

If you say so.

People seem to be going to a lot of trouble to convince me. That says a lot.

Work, LOL.  Like all parasites you need a host to feed off. Amazing how low evolved organism think the size of there world only exists in the vastness of a 0.02mm  sphere.Still I am sure your limited intellect will produce more CO2. Your name i gather is the  product that irradicates you from there bowels.

"The ingredients found in Paratrex are no different from other parasite cleansing ingredients"

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Someone
, who has absolutely no connection to "Paratrex" or "Nimh", via IM:

I'm not Paratrex. I have 2 alts and they're not secret. What you just did in the forum perfectly illustrates exactly what the article says about you.

If you say so.

People seem to be going to a lot of trouble to convince me.
That
says a lot.

Yes, but Paratrex has been "officially" disavowed.  I know I will sleep better tonight.

I will not mention you by name, Someone, even though you've given me permission to do so. Anyone who has received an IM or inventory offer from you as a result of their participation in this thread will know who you are, and those familiar with your "work" on the Merchants sub-forum can probably figure out your identity, especially after I share your ridiculous theory:

CURRENT STATE OF THE THEORY: The NSA could certainly find money laundering here, since SL is probably dependent upon it at this point. Not that it matters. The point of getting the NSA in here is more likely just to provide funding for the sock-puppet group of Lindens who are not Linden employees (fact), but who control the Forums and the Marketplace system. With that, Cory can get plenty of user data (at least since replacing perfectly good magic boxes and a perfectly good website by making them appear to fail). Meanwhile, the newer system makes it easier for him to hurt the SL economy and LL's revenue, driving down the price he can later ask to buy out the company he built with money he stole out of that company's system.

I don't even know where to begin with that. The whole thing is just too preposterous. It's no wonder that you precede it with a link to an article that purports to prove that conspiracy theorists are the sane ones.

Of course, I'll now be labeled a shill for LL, like I have been before. Or maybe I'm an NSA plant?

I notice you're not showing what I've sent, or even naming who sent it. It seems to me like your focus on ridiculing Paratrex is a pretty convenient way to keep the thread off-topic. But why do you need to do that?

I do have a life away from SL and these forums, you know. I did a little online genealogical research, watched a couple episodes of Poirot on Netflix, had a lovely nap, and then dinner.

Oh, sorry. That's off topic.

steph Arnott wrote:

Some always want others for their life, 90% is there own doing. The 90% is just a guess.

then she "corrected a typo" to

Some always want blame others for their life, 90% is there own doing. The 90% is just a guess.

Again, in English, please?

Or as close to English as you can get, anyway.

**********Rudi**********

ETA Even the corrected version is not correct.

Paratrex wrote:

For those of you who dont' like to read this is lifted directly from the article.

"
Blizzard Entertainment, World of Warcraft's publisher, says it's not aware of any surveillance taking place.
Microsoft and Linden Lab
, maker of Second Life, declined to comment to the
Times
"

F- for reading comprehension.

ETA:

Microsoft is mentioned because the NSA was/is spying in Xbox Live.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.