Anonymous customer feedback - suggestions?

Ren Toxx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Could anyone suggest a feasible method to contact an SL merchant for customer feedback anonymously -so that they cannot relate the message back to any specific SL account?

The best I’ve come up so far is through external means such as blog or Facebook accounts, e-mails, etc., but of course many don’t have these, at least not public ones -and even among those who do, not all check them regularly... expediency won’t always be necessary for my purposes, but sometimes it might, and fact is, some merchants take a good while, if at all, to notice even if it’s sent through the relatively well-know SL web profile’s own private messaging system (which, anyway, does give the sender’s SL account). Alts won’t do it, either, because they’re still specific SL accounts, no matter how seemingly unrelated to your main one(s).

I realize this sounds like a weird, if not downright fishy question, at least without elaborating on why would I need to do that; but I’d rather such elaboration didn’t derail the topic, which is just how to anonymously contact a merchant. Suffice -I hope- to say, it’s not for any nefarious purpose... quite on the contrary ;)

Thanks in advance :matte-motes-smile:

Could anyone suggest a feasible method to contact an SL merchant for customer feedback anonymously -so that they cannot relate the message back to any specific SL account?

The best I’ve come up so far is through external means such as blog or Facebook accounts, e-mails, etc., but of course many don’t have these, at least not public ones -and even among those who do, not all check them regularly... expediency won’t always be necessary for my purposes, but sometimes it might, and fact is, some merchants take a good while, if at all, to notice even if it’s sent through the relatively well-know SL web profile’s own private messaging system (which, anyway, does give the sender’s SL account). Alts won’t do it, either, because they’re still specific SL accounts, no matter how seemingly unrelated to your main one(s).

I realize this sounds like a weird, if not downright fishy question, at least without elaborating on why would I need to do that; but I’d rather such elaboration didn’t derail the topic, which is just how to anonymously contact a merchant. Suffice -I hope- to say, it’s not for any nefarious purpose... quite on the contrary ;)

Thanks in advance :matte-motes-smile:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

being anonymous is hard nowadays..

seriously though..you could just contact them from an alt maybe?

LOVE IT!!!!  I'd been hearing a lot about Anonymous (including someone claiming to be a part of the group) on some "alternative media" talk shows.  So THAT'S who Anonymous is, eh? ;)

Ceka Cianci wrote: [...] 
seriously though..you could just contact them from an alt maybe?

Yep, tried that a couple times; doesn't work, though, because the alt, too, is a specific SL account they then address in the very same way I wanted to avoid. Cerise's suggestion is interesting, I can see how that could work... I'm just not sure I want to abuse Second Life's registration process like that, for every instance I'd want to contact a merchant in this (admittedly weird) fashion, lol.

Thanks a lot for the answers, though :smileywink:

Well, if you've already established that your feedback to a merchant is going to give you unwanted feedback from that merchant, why is it so important for you to provide that undesired feedback?  I mean, if you need to find a way to keep your feedback anonymous, perhaps that feedback really shouldn't be sent anyway?  What do you hope to accomplish by sending feedback that you know is going to cause an unwanted response?

Ah and now, where can I find one of those boxes to hide under so I don't get unwanted feedback on this?  ;-)

In this case, my feedback isn't unwanted, of this I'm positive because it's never been so far... quite the contrary. It's just theirs back to me that I'd rather avoid... and to be a bit more specific, just them sending things back, in-world. I wouldn't actually mind if they answered, as long as it was just that, an answer... "thank you", like that. But it almost never is just that... that's the problem.

ETA: And I want one of those boxes, too!... oh, I already said that. Sorry :smileyvery-happy:

Ren Toxx wrote:

In this case, my feedback isn't unwanted, of this I'm positive because it's never been so far... quite the contrary. It's just theirs back to me that I'd rather avoid... and to be a bit more specific, just them sending things back, in-world. I wouldn't actually mind if they answered, as long as it was just that, an answer... "thank you", like that. But it almost never is just that... that's the problem.

ETA: And I want one of those boxes, too!... oh, I already said that. Sorry :smileyvery-happy:

oh i  think i see..you just don't want to get on one of  their mailing lists sort of things? 

sort of a spam avoiding tactic kind of thing?

Tini Jewell wrote:

Ah and now, where can I find one of those boxes to hide under so I don't get unwanted feedback on this?  ;-)

Here's your box. :smileyhappy:

Box-for-hiding.jpg

(The woman does not come with the box. She's there in the picture just for illustration purpose - to show how to use the box.)

@Cenka: Yep, something like that... not exactly, but close enough.

@Shelby: No spam... as I said, it's nothing nefarious. And strictly unilateral communication isn't truly what I'm after... that's why I mused direct emailing (which allows answering back) would be perfectly fine save for the fact that I don't think I know of any merchant offering it as an alternative means of contact.

Thank y'all for the answers so far :smileywink:

Make a board that has the text with the message and send it to one of your alts. Wear the board on your avi and go in that merchants shop. Park him there and wait for the person to see the message. Put your alt on autorespond and write "I am a bot (or professional supersecret SL messenger guy - whatever you prefer) hired to send anonymous messages, I will leave this place after the person xy IMs me and confirms they saw the message. Thank you"

I am affiliated with an agency who can do this for you. Simply forward the text of your message and the identity of the person you wish to contact.  You need not offer any personal details or other explanation of why you want to do this: we'll ferret that out on our own we don't concern ourselves with things like that.

I'd check for a website and see if they have a contact form or email address, then contact them through an email account not traceable to you.  Other than this unless you know a way to contact them outside of SL I know of no way other than as Cerise suggested.  You could always keep the alt and just use it for this type of purpose.  People have alts for all kinds of reasons that are essentially for utility use only. 

So you want a way to have a two way communication with a merchant but not with an SL account? I suppose you could use that blackmail box to send them a message to contact you via your anonymous email. They would have to use their external email which they may not want to do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.