Project Sunshine - Anthromorphic Avatars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh hai guyz, I iz heard they're banning human avatars?

OMG, cause like, you know... Goreans and sex freaks give SL a bad name (wait, that might actually be true)... so um...

yeah...

031108132259Falling_Sky.jpg

Its like that.

Or maybe just...

JungleTroll.jpg

Lots of stuff worse than furries on that there grid ya know...

I'd say about half the lindens I've seen over the years were furries, and furries make money for this place hand over fist... and most of them, are basically 'boring normal folks' who just prefer not looking like this:

muscle-man.jpg

(This message has been brought to you by all the crazy images in my forum image library that have built up from responding to similarly crazy threads in the past. But be warned, I've got a LOT more of these images in there...)

Lukai Zufreur wrote:

Paranoid werdz

As Deej Kasshiki pointed out upthread: Project Sunshine only deals with the baking of textures on the avatar. It has absolutely nothing to do with the asset server.

As far as I've experienced Project Sunshine is humming along nicely. Oh and BTW, I'm a furry [OK, technically a Scalie but let's not quibble] and so are *ALL* my alts and guess what: the only thing that has changed is that our avatars and textures load up faster and we spend less time as a li'l lonlely white cloud after logging in. Not exactly sinister is it?

Not one single item in any of our inventories has gone missing or failed to rez as a result of Project Sunshine. Not a single one. And if your concern is about particular groups 'giving Linden Lab a bad image', look after your own image first. Let the Lab deal with their side of things and let the 'bad image' types [whatever they might be] go to hell in a handbasket all on their own.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.