Need advice about skins

Elisaisabel Munro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

...so i have an avie wich i wanted to give an african identity.

I looked through SL and found rockberry and Angel Rock... I show how they look like on my avie.

african skin jpg.jpg

i already have my favorite, but... it's a big difference on money!

What do you think?

Do you have a favorite store you can recomend? any store with not so expensive skins but great ones?

it is difficult find african skins!!

**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://whos.amung.us/swidget/pluginta.png" border="0" />

Are they all the same shape?

I like the third one the best, maybe it is just the darker skin I like.

I do know that when i have seen dark skinned avies and asked who has made the skin because they just look so stunning it has always been an Angel Rock skin (and I presume shape).

Jade Glazner wrote:

I think you should go check out the Anais skin from Glance! This one here is the December tone.
:)

(And just for reference, 1000L is average price for a skin on SL)

She looks cute, but not very african she just looks like someone with a dark tan.

This as one of many Angel Rock examles just looks so much more real to me.

Nefertiti-v2-sales.jpg

It is worth spending money on a skin if it something you are going to wear a lot. I have lots of 1000L$ skins I thought looked cute. Do I wear them no hardly ever. My money has been much better spent on ones that actually are what I wanted not compromises.

You can read  Sydd Sinister's blog http://sydd0sinister.wordpress.com/. She has shown a lot of different skins lately. And even if 8 out of 10 look more like very tan caucasians, it is some that stand out.

Sian Pearl is another blogger. She shows a good review of a League skin here, League is new to the darker skins market, but the mouth especially, is very strong. http://parthenoid.blogspot.no/2013/06/premier-league.html Here is a 2013 review of different skins. http://parthenoid.blogspot.no/2013/01/whats-in-skin-2013-edition.html

While she shows no total nudity, her images isn't NSFW either. Notice how the skins that are normally called caucasian, like Curio,  is more ethnic on her shape. The mouth and nose form can change a skin.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

IMO #1 looks the most natural. The others are too overshadowed.

PS Don't fall for the 1000L price average. You can find high quality skins for half that.

You might suggest where the OP would find high-quality skins for 500L.  One place would be The Arcade that runs each month with different creators offering gotcha items.  However, there is no guarantee that one would get the skin of choice playing a gotcha, right?  So, where are these skins? 

To be quite honest, I don't like any of the photos posted.  It could be the shape of the AV, the hair, the setting of the pics, I don't know but they look half done and like someone else said a dark tan applied. 

There is an art to skin making in my opinion and not every one can make skins well.   Most of the high end skin creators are priced close to one another.  Red Gravse has a couple of nice ethnic skins in-world you could try, but if I recall correctly, they are going to be 1000L or so, which honestly, is not that expensive. I think there are some ethnic shapes available for separate or package purchase.  Definitely less expensive than a mocha at Star Bucks, doesn't add pounds to your RL and you will probably have more enjoyment out of the skin overall than drinking a mocha. . 

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Elisaisabel Munro wrote:

i hope so!! i will keep looking and post tuose pics here!

I'm not saying it will be easy due to your specifications
but they are out there.

PS I feel for you. Before I made my own skins, I wasted so much time searching for the right one.

Where?  Don't be coy. 

Venus Petrov wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Elisaisabel Munro wrote:

i hope so!! i will keep looking and post tuose pics here!

I'm not saying it will be easy due to your specifications
but they are out there.

PS I feel for you. Before I made my own skins, I wasted so much time searching for the right one.

Where?  Don't be coy. 

LOL. I love rhetorical questions!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.