White covering breats and under area

Christin73

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Christin73 wrote:

It has been a while sense expieriencing this with my main avi. I am now using my alt a little bit more and would be nice not to have the white thing covering certain places. Any idea how to get rid of the white. Its getting anoying.

If you are talking about the Bra and Girdle covering your naughty bits, if you are using a skin from the Library the only way to get rid of them is to replace the Library Skin with a skin from somewhere else.

Christin,

As others have pointed out, the default skins have underwear as part of the skin to make them "G" rated. You need to get a skin from a third party. There are some that are free or very cheap and have all of the correct parts for a female.

But let me start my rant:

I can accept that the Lindens are prudes. They are very prudish. But having default female skins with a painted on corset is going too far, in my opinion. That will show if you are wearing even a modest bathing suit, particularly a two piece suit. I do not think that it would be too immodest for them to have a starter skin that looks like a store mannequin or a little girls doll (no nipples or pubic hair). Or, if that was too much for them, they could use tiny bikinis that covered the essentials but still allowed two piece bathing suits or underwear.

I am rather modest and prudish myself, but I think that LL goes to far sometimes.

Marybeth

FLICKR

Marybeth,

I agree with your rant. I would not see any problem with the default female avatar being realistic. However, if LL wants to be "G" rated in their default avatar, they could make them like the store mannaquin or a doll - no nipples but the basic shape and no crack "down there".

When my son was young he certainly saw my girl's dolls unclothed. And I certainly had no problem with that. But the default avatars will show their underwear if the avatar is wearing a swimsuit, even a "modest" swimsuit.

Sue

Marybeth Cooperstone wrote:

But let me start my rant:

I can accept that the Lindens are prudes. They are very prudish. But having default female skins with a painted on corset is going too far, in my opinion. That will show if you are wearing even a modest bathing suit, particularly a two piece suit. I do not think that it would be too immodest for them to have a starter skin that looks like a store mannequin or a little girls doll 
(no nipples or pubic hair). Or, if that was too much for them, they could use tiny bikinis that covered the essentials but still allowed two piece bathing suits or underwear.

I am rather modest and prudish myself, but I think that LL goes to far sometimes.

Marybeth

On the other hand, maybe it's actually advantageous to skin creators, in that it helps to push people into buying new skin... just a thought.

...Dres

Marybeth,

I agree. Perhaps LL doesn't want default avatars to be too explicit, but I can't see anything wrong with making those initial avatars like kids' dolls or store mannequins. If that is going too far for them (they would have to be super prudes), then a small bikini that would be fully covered by almost all underwear or two piece bathing suits could be used.

Dres

I think you are right, they want you to have to buy a skin.

Raise your hand if you've ever, newbie or not, ended up accidentally naked in a crowded place...

I think the reasoning behind the 'modesty skins' is for the users' benefit. Considering newbies tend to click first and ask questions later and instead of ending up naked at a crowded info hub when changing clothes for the first time these skins avoid that.  There are many freebie skins around that don't have your bits covered that I don't think LL is forcing anyone to do anything. The library skins are lots better now than they have been in the past -  you should have seen what I ran around in back in 2006!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.