Prevent Flying

Orito Wonder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there.

So I know of an RLV code to prevent flight...

llOwnerSay("@fly=n");

... but I'm writing a script for a group of people that would be rather... inappropriate to have RLV enabled.

I won't go into details, but I have the ability to request permissions, which is not a problem - but I'm not sure how to stop flight immediately. I thought about teleporting with permissions - but the problem with that is simply that most viewers anymore "fly on teleport". 

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd be appreciative.

Ori

Unfortunately, this script is assuming the owner does not have land permissions, and must remain that way. Thanks for the thought though.

Edit:

I just find it hard to believe that there is a way to detect flight with llGetAgentInfo, then not stop it - like you can with Mouselook and cam controls and such.

There is no way to prevent flying. With or without scripts. Even with flying set to off you can advise your viewer to ignore that or you fly in from another parcel or you TP in while flying.

You can install an invisible box at 5m height over ground to confuse some people. (64x64x64m fits perfectly over a 4096 parcel and keeps nearly everyone out of the boxes space)  :D

What happens if they are standing on a prim abouve * altitude?
Are they caged? cause i`m pretty sure that`s AR`able
What happens when they leave a parcels boundry?
Etc...

I like the idea behind it and the reverse orbit :P but i think you need to have a real close look at it from a griefer`s point of view 

Good luck with the development! :D

@Rolig Loon
Nope, in fact - it has almost no affect on my scripts ability to prevent flight.

Edit: The wiki includes the gravity pull, and most scripts reverse pull for flight assists, I just raised my number above them all. :D

@Alicia Sautereau
It affects them the same way it would on the ground. As you said "standing" - the script would not affect them at all. The script detects FLIGHT. Heck, it doesn't even affect them if they merely jump. So to answer your question - they would not be caged. Also not sure what leaving a parcels boundary would have to do with the script, either. I mean, it doesn't affect the parcel *at all*, nor does it affect anyone around the user *at all*, and the user knows full well what they're wearing.

I feel safe posting the project now as I am now seeking alpha 0.5 testers.
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Faerie-Alpha-HUD-Notecard/4610700

Ah, that part wasn`t clear that it was a wearable object/hud :)

But that would raise the question of why wear the object/hud if you don`t intend to fly, or why wear the object/hud when you want to be able to fly?
It is still unable to force a person out of fly mode as your original question was, or i`m mistaken that part aswell

About the picture, i would change it to something of your self, disney is a rather active copyright hunter

Because there are a ton of users who would desire an RP HUD, and that's what it is. In fact, it encourages flight, but only if you have the dust to do so. 

I also cannot force someone out of flight, but then I continued to watch some of the movies that were inspiring me, and even when they run out of dust, they can still move their wings, and hover at best - so it really became a mute point.

Edit:

I mean - if you really want to prevent flight without RLV you could simply force an object to rez, have the agent sit on it, then stand up and derez the object, but that would require permissions from the agent.

• 6 years later...
On 3/9/2013 at 12:54 AM, Amethyst Jetaime said:

Why not set the land to no fly?  That's the only way i know to prevent it.

Incorrect! There is ability to prevent FLYING and People who GO AFK!  Thanks to Creator of Voodoo Sploder.  They made a security Orb/ System. And with lovely configuration notecard to change the settings anytime. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Voodoo-Security-31-Protection-for-xploder-clubs-and-shops-100-legal/1256745

1 hour ago, giggles3440 said:

Incorrect! There is ability to prevent FLYING

we can eject agents who are flying yes

we can set our parcel to prevent an agent who is standing from flying

we can't stop an agent who is already flying from continuing to fly. other than with RLV or an Experience, where the agent has enabled RLV or the Experience

45 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

we can eject agents who are flying yes

we can set our parcel to prevent an agent who is standing from flying

we can't stop an agent who is already flying from continuing to fly. other than with RLV or an Experience, where the agent has enabled RLV or the Experience

This was a seven year old thread that seems to have been resurrected in order to advertise.   I would have gone with the low invisible prim (megaprim if needed) as the only answer :D.  But likely doesn't matter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.