Pup Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So lately I've been getting this interesting oddity in SL. My avatar started to bend in half on AO pose switches. Looking it up I noticed this was a thing that happened a long time ago and though I've been on SL a long time, I've never seen this happen before to me, but hey. What I've noticed differnetly from everyone elses posts is that it's only them? Because I not only see my avatar doing it, but everyone's avatar does it as well from time to time.

I haven't tried debugging this myself, but things I've noticed is that it's 100% client side. I'm the only one noticing it.Somethings you should know is I have a pretty amazing computer and everything is updated. I use the newest version of firestorm and I've recently bought a new AO from Kuso. At first I thought it was the Kuso animations problem, but noticing that every other avatar was doing the same thing made it pretty interesting.

Here's a reference picture/forum from 2010 http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussions/Avatar-being-bent-in-half/td-p/390782  2010 and people in that post are talking about it being an old problem. lol.

I mean, it's clearly aesthetics. I don't have any problems doing anything and watching someone's head poke out their bum is pretty hilarious sometimes; but I thought I should share this incase anyone started seeing this lately and might wanna look into it. As for me, I haven't really tried fixing it but Im sure a restart or something fixes it simple enough.

I began seeing this last night...happened to me three times and I saw it happen once to a friend visiting at my place.  It only lasted about 1 or 2 seconds.........didn't get to grab screen shot.

I am puzzled now but add me to the list of people who have observed it.

lol oooh my gawd i have so forgotten about this old bug.. 

but yeah i guess we all remember the ehmmm 'good times' when all our attachments would be stuck together in one spot  between our legs.

As well as the famous 'i can break myself into 2 parts' (bending over) issue.

And yes you never knew how you would come out of a teleport.. it almost felt like in the movie 'the fly'.. with the fear your avatar's DNA might be intermingled with someone else's and spawning that 'monstrosity' on the other side of the teleport xD

• 1 year later...

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

omgosh, you're exactly right!!! I dreaded what I might look like after a tp...lol! Who knew what would be where...lol! The shoe up the butt was a CLASSIC!!

I remember it happening on every TP back then..

It became second nature to be a quick draw on the detach and attach at the landing points..

now i look at my inventory after being gone for a bit and i have no clue where anything is..hehehe

ETA: Just realized this is an old thread.. DOH!!

found an older thread in the archives that had something on this..

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussions/Avatar-being-bent-in-half/td-p/390782

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.