Realistic Skins..

Raven Serrurier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What skin is the 'best' or most realistic is a matter of taste.  There are many fantastic skin makers in SL.  To find the best one for you, look in blogs for creators you like and then go around to their skin stores in SL and try demo's. 

You are going to find skins that you love, but that may not work well with your shape as skins work with shapes to produce the 'look' of your avatar.  So someone saying one is the "best' isn't necessarily going to be the 'best' on your avatar.

What Amethyst says is definitely true. I have a skin that works perfectly for my casual 'tomboy' shape, but looks dreadful on the face of my older 'clubbing' shape. It is, however quite realistic (not that, as a newb, I'm any authority (yet!)). I found it because I was looking for something without makeup. It's the promo [AZO] Marichka skin, and you might give it a try.

Something else though, regarding realism. Most people won't see you up close and personal (unless you're intimate, 'personal space' is greater in SL than RL), and at a distance, the resolution goes down. This can change your appearance drastically, as the client tries to average the pixels for a smaller rendition. When judging your appearance, always dolly the camera out, and see it that perfect face actually works from far away. There's a good reason for "stage makeup". ;)

Realistic is such a short description. Do you mean a photosourced skin? I know that Tellaq uses a lot of that, and also visible pores, and the male skins have a lot of muscles. Tellaq used to have a small selection of female skins. Have they disappeared? They were tucked away on the second floor, but I haven't been there in a long time.

Try the Body Co? http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebodyco/with/8368144151/#photo_8368144151

Heavy muscled females, Coca and Wolf? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Skin-Antagonistic-Coca-Wolf-Natural-BOX/2044304

Very realistic, mostly dark skinned females, Psycho Condor? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/30020?search%5Bcategory_id%5D=374&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=General&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=Moderate&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=Adult&search%5Bpage%5D=1&search%5Bper_page%5D=12&search%5Bstore_id%5D=30020

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...

need someone help to increase my avatar .

i am french girl and my english is not good enough to understand all in avatar settings.. i got a good one but i would like to go into mesh or more realistic . so i need someone that is english natural speaking  or a avatar creator,. someone patient to help me in all step from foot to hairs . 

iknow how t thanks people when they help me 

please

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, GiaCintaVolTolini said:

That link no longer works

That link was from nearly 6 years ago. Blogs come and go. I found a newer URL for it via search, but that one was last updated in early 2015. It's gone.

The information in this thread is out of date anyway.

Edited by Parhelion Palou
Added a stale content warning

25 minutes ago, GiaCintaVolTolini said:

That link no longer works

As Par said: that link worked almost six years ago, which is when the original post and that comment were made: back in February 2013.

When arriving at the forums from a random link, or when running a search here for information, it's always best practice to first check the date of the posting to ensure that you're looking at recent advice. We'd barely had mesh clothing for a year back in 2013, let alone many mesh body parts, and any skins being referred to in a post this old would be system ones, not mesh body and head appliers.

(It's a good job that those of us around here who like to help are not expected to keep our links up to date, otherwise we wouldn't have any time left in which to help ;) )

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.