One arm tattoo? Yes, with mesh

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Snapshot_017ed.png

Linden Lab has not updated the default avatar mesh at all since the start. So that means just one arm template, and all arm tattoos was only possible to have on both arms. With mesh, it is possible to make a "sleeve" around one arm.

This has lots of limits. It's almost impossible to get close enough to the skin. A small "fuzz" is visible on the overarm. If the model was bending the arm when crossing them, the elbow went through the tattoo, and so on, and so on. The tattoo layer will break with the mesh under in some poses. Shirt sleeves on the system layer will go under the tattoo, since it's an attachment.

It's still something that's not been possible before in SL, and it could be fun to try for those who wanted a single arm tattoo. So far, I only found one shop, but I hope it will be more. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/32838?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search%5Blayout%5D=gallery&search%5Bcategory_id%5D=&search%5Bsort%5D=created_at_desc&search%5Bper_page%5D=96&search%5Bkeywords%5D=&search%5Bprice_low%5D=&search%5Bprice_high%5D=&search%5Bprim_count_low%5D=&search%5Bprim_count_high%5D=&search%5Bcopy_permission%5D=0&search%5Bmodify_permission%5D=0&search%5Btransfer_permission%5D=0

Morgaine Christensen wrote:

The question is, is the deformer even going to happen? And, if it is, when will it be available?

Now I sound like some kind of preacher for Avastar from Domino marama and Giaa(spelling? I always get this wrong) and I don't even use it or own it lol. BUT, yeah, Avastar allows you to import your avatar shape, it also has sliders that are the same settings as SL's and it set in blender. I think it is like 10-20 USD$, but if you look up Giaa or Domino Marama's site on teh web you will find links to it and the in world slurl to Giaa's place etc. There are tutorials video's on michinamatrix and so on. I dont' have the time to find links, sorry. I can't explain more than you basically can export a xml of you av, import it and you get a mesh model in BLender that is the correct dimensions. Then, you would make whatever you want and size it up against that mesh avatar shape. Export and all that, texturing and all that stuff to. Import into SL, and attache. Should work with far less guess work!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.