I Have Never...

Melita Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Melita Magic wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I've never read a single "Harry Potter" book nor seen any of the movies and have no desire to do so.

Damn! That was mine—it was the very first thing I thought of when I saw this. Now I'll have to think of something else :-).

Sorry about that.  I was actually surprised when I read your post considering the flak I usually get when I mention that.  Shows there are at least two of us in the world who haven't boarded the "Harry Potter train."  *Grins*

There is at least three in that club. I'm surprised at that too. What shall we call the club - Harry Potless?

(Doesn't sound so good...)

Willow: yes.

Thanks everyone! You can go more than once, if you want; keep them coming.  
:)

LOL - I was actually going to say in my post to Dillon that we should start a SL group around that. *Cue Twilight Zone theme*

/takes out notepad - Ok, so three thus far for the group.

Oh, and please add my name to the growing list of "Have never watched Grey's Anatomy."

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leia36 wrote:

Does that bleep box come with canned emotes? Joyfully descriptions of totally improbable bleeps? OK mark me down as interested, I always did enjoy slapstick :catsurprised:..or was that "stand up" comedy.:matte-motes-big-grin:..hmm canned humor..

From what I understand about bleeping, is that we have to provide our own emotes if we want to have a productive bleep.   Canned emotes might work, if they have the right level of decibel being dominantly overlaid onto a sub-woofer.   Stand-up does work!  With the correct synchronicity I can happily say I was soundly bleeped.

*jots down Sol's (Leia) name in my Big Book of Bleep Box wanna-haves*

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

I want a box that only does bloops, because it seems impossible to make a mistake on one.

No wait, maybe you can
only
make mistakes on one.

Okay, let's stick to bleeping.

I think there's room for both bleepers and bloopers in this world.  I, for one, think all people should be allowed to express themselves, and if you want to bloop, then I say....Bloop on Baby! 

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Leia36 wrote:

Does that bleep box come with canned emotes? Joyfully descriptions of totally improbable bleeps? OK mark me down as interested, I always did enjoy slapstick :catsurprised:..or was that "stand up" comedy.:matte-motes-big-grin:..hmm canned humor..

From what I understand about bleeping, is that we have to provide our own emotes if we want to have a productive bleep.   Canned emotes might work, if they have the right level of decibel being dominantly overlaid onto a sub-woofer.   Stand-up does work!  With the correct synchronicity I can happily say I was soundly bleeped.

Woofers? People are always telling me my bite is worse than my bark..Color me intrigued. You know if we puts these canned bleeps into a fancy box we could make some real Lindens..sounds xciting

Stand up always was a favorite of mine, as the great man said "Timing is everything"

Leia36 wrote:

Leia36 wrote:

Woofers? People are always telling me my bite is worse than my bark..Color me intrigued. You know if we puts these canned bleeps into a fancy box we could make some real Lindens..sounds xciting

Stand up always was a favorite of mine, as the great man said "Timing is everything"

A couple of years ago I answered an ad in the SL job section of this forum.   Ad for a real life women who could do sexy voices.   Their business plan was to have these canned emotes and sale them on the marketplace. 

Only they offered low pay, and one had to give up control of your own recording.  But, the real turn off was the information they sent me was rife with typos and misspellings.  Bah!  Put some professionalism into your work people!  You want good sexy-voiced real women to emote for you....use spell check!   *laughing* 

Leia36 wrote:

Leia36 wrote:

A couple of years ago I answered an ad in the SL job section of this forum.   Ad for a real life women who could do sexy voices.   Their business plan was to have these canned emotes and sale them on the marketplace. 

Only they offered low pay, and one had to give up control of your own recording.  But, the real turn off was the information they sent me was rife with typos and misspellings.  Bah!  Put some professionalism into your work people!  You want good sexy-voiced real women to emote for you....use spell check!   *laughing*  

Oooh, I'd love hear sexy voices reading typos!

Leia36 wrote:

Leia36 wrote:

Oooh, I'd love hear sexy voices reading typos!

Hehe.  Did you notice that I used a wrong word in my comment?  I used 'sale" instead of 'sell".   *le sigh*  Even spellcheck has forsaken me on my road to perfection.

Oh, can read typos all sexy like.  Just they didn't actually want that!   

Hmm, idea for new business plan. 

Celestiall and Maddy's Sexy Talk.  

"You want real action?"   "We don't just get you to **bleep**, we get you to spit out your coffee onto your $xpensive new laptop"

"You want real action?"   "We don't just get you to **bleep**, we get you to spit out your coffee onto your $xpensive new laptop"

Brilliant! And you've managed to work "creative destruction" into the business model. We'll save the economy!

Hey, for a buck I'm willing to temporarily ditch Hayek for Keynes.  I am, after all, a capitalist. 

Made me think of another Twilight.

I've never read any of the Twilight books.  Nor seen any Twilight movies.

(something about teenaged vampires?)

Was in a Barnes & Noble a while back. Not local, there are none locally. There are almost no bookstores at ALL anymore locally. The town I actually work in has none, not even a used bookstore. Fortunately we have an excellent library. Anyway, I was idly walking the stacks. Noticed a category "Teen Romance" and next to it a category "Teen Romance, Paranormal". I actually did laugh out loud.

PS: Agree with your comment about Val's post.

ETA quote

valerie Inshan wrote:

Now a postive update after my previous post: I've never been so happy since today when my love came back from hospital in RL. I'm feeling blessed tonight.

YAY Val! Just finished breakfast and read this. omg this forum software is weird lol

That's a lovely start to another beautiful day which apart from a few hours work, will be mostly spent gardening in mild sunshine listening to birds singing and me smiling even more now.

Thank you aclap.gif

Oh and never had appendix out, never read Harry Potter, never seen a Star Wars movie.

ps: The Jasmine & Lavender hedges here are in full bloom it's just heaven!

Brilliant! And you've managed to work "creative destruction" into the business model. We'll save the economy!

Hey, for a buck I'm willing to temporarily ditch Hayek for Keynes.  I am, after all, a capitalist. 

It may be a temporary ditch, but the adverse ramifications will be 'felt' for two generations.  Keynesian economics is a no win policy.

I've never seen the "Twilight" movies or read those books either. I did break down and digitally download (legally) "The Hunger Games," though. We basically snarked our way through it, but the production values weren't bad.

I've never had an operation.

I've never left the continent of North America.

I've never gone bungee jumping.

Thank you Leia and Echo. Here's what Neal posted for my man and me in the Vanity Thread. Hugs you back! :smileyhappy:

When I take a moment to reflect
On our relationship
I realize how I am truly blessed
With the greatest gift there is;
Love.

So many others are in search of
The very thing we have,
The very thing we share;
Soulmates sharing a lifetime,
Making memories to look back on
And creating dreams to look forward to.

I don’t know how I ever got so lucky,
Or what I ever did to deserve to be so blessed
But, I do know this;
I’ll never take one minute we share
for granted.

You are the greatest gift of my life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.