Received Items?

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Wondering fo someone can help me with this. When I buy something a get a message that the tiem has been snet to "your recieved folder." The only way I can see this "recieved" folder" is by going to my "recent" tab. There is not "recieved" folder in my regular inventory. So if I have to log off and have not looked at all the items in my "recieved" folder, when I log back on they are gone!(Becasue they are no longer "recent." Hellpp! 

Hi,

Your received items folder is not within your main inventory, unless you are using older viewers. Look for the Received items on the bottom of the frame of your inventory. When objects arrive from merchants using direct delivery, objects go into this space and their arrival is marked there being a quantity 1 or more objects next to the received items. Click on the box to open the folder and view what is inside

All items remain there until you move them to where you would like them to be.

Hope this is helpful

Chrissy

• Like 1

Yep, you'll need a newer viewer.

A work around is to move things from your Recieved Items folder (to - for example - the root folder of your Inventory, replicating the behaviour of the old system) but as you say, if you relog without moving them they can only be recovered with a viewer that's been updated for Direct Delivery.

Thank you so much, Chrissy Ambrose. I had been away from 2nd Life awhile and just moved my marketplace items to Direct Delivery. After making a "test delivery," for the life of me I couldn't find that "Received Items" folder. Of course, I was searching regular inventory. Your explanation was extremely helpful.

Ricky40 wrote:

I do use Phoenix firestorm, so how do I do that?

You don't need to do anything special. Received Items is a plain old inventory folder, even though some viewers display it specially. Items stored there aren't really any more or less safe than in any other spot, but it's good to move stuff out of there regularly just for the sake of organization.

Open Inventory, click on the tab 'Inventory', look at the bottom above the three buttons is a bar saying 'Received Items(nnn)'.

Klick on that, you'll see the received items. ('nnn' = Number of entries in that folder)

In Version 1-style viewers e.g. Singularity, there is a regular folder in the inventory named 'Received Items'.

My understanding is that items in your "Received Items" folder will stay there until you drag them up into your regular inventory, so you're not likely to lose them. The Received Items folder is not like your "Recent" folder where items stay a short time and then go by themselves into regular inventory. I find the "Received Items" folder very helpful, as I sometimes buy something in a hurry and then try to remember the name so I can find it. This way, everything I bought and haven't yet put into inventory is right there in front of me. A big improvement.

Cookie Kappler wrote:

My understanding is that items in your "Received Items" folder will stay there until you drag them up into your regular inventory, so you're not likely to lose them. The Received Items folder is not like your "Recent" folder where items stay a short time and then go by themselves into regular inventory. I find the "Received Items" folder very helpful, as I sometimes buy something in a hurry and then try to remember the name so I can find it. This way, everything I bought and haven't yet put into inventory is right there in front of me. A big improvement.

Not quite.  "Recent" is just a tab on the inventory view, nothing actually moves on its own.  By default, items will show there as recent until you next relog but you can click on the little gear symbol in the inventory view and change the recent filter.  I have mine typically at 3 days but you can set what you wish.  It's just a search filter, nothing more, nothing less.  Items were already in your inventory so never moved on their own.

Received Items is the inbound repository for items bought on Marketplace and delivered by Direct Delivery.  My issue here is that if i'm lazy and wear something while it resides in that folder, it doesn't show as a worn item on the "Worn" tab in inventory view.

Better inventory management would address this but that's what happens anyway.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Cookie Kappler wrote:

Not quite.  "Recent" is just a tab on the inventory view, nothing actually moves on its own.  By default, items will show there as recent until you next relog but you can click on the little gear symbol in the inventory view and change the recent filter.  I have mine typically at 3 days but you can set what you wish.  It's just a search filter, nothing more, nothing less.  Items were already in your inventory so never moved on their own.

Received Items is the inbound repository for items bought on Marketplace and delivered by Direct Delivery.  My issue here is that if i'm lazy and wear something while it resides in that folder, it doesn't show as a worn item on the "Worn" tab in inventory view.

Better inventory management would address this but that's what happens anyway.

Thank you--now I understand "Recent Items" better :)

5 hours ago, FairyMomo said:

Hi I was wondering how long should I wait for clothes that I bought in the marketplace to come to my received folder because I have history that I bought it, it just hasn't shown up. 

Did you purchase it between 9:30 and 10:45 SLT June 12th? If you did, read this:

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

If that is the problem, go to https://support.secondlife.com/contact-support/ and file support case.

If not, do as @LittleMe Jewell suggested and contact the seller. But remember the "be polite" part of her post and also keep in mind that it may take a few days before the seller logs on and sees your message. The seller is not responsible for MP deliveries, that's up to Linden Lab, but most serious sellers will redeliver copyable items.

Also, to avoid delivery problems in the future, remember that if you are logged in privacy ("Do not disturb") mode MP deliveries will always fail.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.