Is the big bang fact or fiction

leon Bowler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

we'll never know 

Never say never!

sorry i didn't mean it as we as a spiecies..more like we as in our lifetime..hehehe

Still never say never. Either hope you live long enough to see the answer or hope they hurry up and find it! Personally, I'll hope they take their time finding the answer and I'm still alive to witness it. I love a good mystery.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

we'll never know 

Never say never!

sorry i didn't mean it as we as a spiecies..more like we as in our lifetime..hehehe

Still never say never. Either hope you live long enough to see the answer or hope they hurry up and find it! Personally, I'll hope they take their time finding the answer and I'm still alive to witness it. I love a good mystery.

i'm just thinking that if we could ever actually reach the speed of light to even send someone or something..

that by the time the person or thing even reached the speed of light..something like 2million years i think would pass for us when they or it just reached it.. not counting the journey itself..

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

we'll never know 

Never say never!

i'm just thinking that if we could ever actually reach the speed of light to even send someone or something..

that by the time the person or thing even reached the speed of light..something like 2million years i think would pass for us when they or it just reached it.. not counting the journey itself..

Ceka, we've been sending messages since Tesla's first radio transmissions in 1892. Those signals have now reached out 120 light years, encompassing more than 15,000 stars. If Philip Rosedale gave any broadcast interviews in 1999, as he was forming LindenWorld, that would have reached 33 stars by now. In a bit more than a hundred years from now, our signals will have reached more than a quarter million stars.

I imagine that other civilizations have developed the ability to send radio signals and are wondering when they'll hear back. If, like us, they developed nuclear weapons shortly after developing radio, I must also wonder if they'll survive the wait for a reply.

I've a friend who doesn't think it likely for any civilization to learn to harness the power necessary for interstellar flight without first destroying itself. That's his argument against visitation by aliens. I'm a bit more optimistic.

leon Bowler wrote:

I did publish it and asked others to read, at the time I was developing ultra sonic body scanners(that I have patents for) I was even offered a meeting with Steven Hawkins that I turned down as I don;t see how you can have any meaningful chat with him as it all has to be prerecorded as all his replies are(bet you didn't know that), so I felt I was being setup from the start, seems some don't want this idea out.

First off, if you were an actual physicist you would know his name is Stephen Hawking...

Secondly, to answer your question.. The Magratheans built the universe at the orders of the mice.

All I see is words that someone else told you, not one original idea, not one of you has added a thing to this thread, you have only added words that someone else told you, as to Hawkins name, yes I spelt it wrong, but it was the the chairman of radamec "Jim Dan...." that offered the meeting that I turned down, even though he still invested in my ideas.

I have patents in wave tech, regardless of what all you say, I doubt whether any of you reach anywhere near my level, when one of you have an idea that is your own rather than something you heard then I will chat with you, but not one reply here is worth answering

leon Bowler wrote:

All I see is words that someone else told you, not one original idea, not one of you has added a thing to this thread, you have only added words that someone else told you, as to Hawkins name, yes I spelt it wrong, but it was the the chairman of radamec "Jim Dan...." that offered the meeting that I turned down, even though he still invested in my ideas.

I have patents in wave tech, regardless of what all you say, I doubt whether any of you reach anywhere near my level, when one of you have an idea that is your own rather than something you heard then I will chat with you, but not one reply here is worth answering

I suppose my only question is.. WHY!?!?!?!?!

Why would you turn down a meeting with him. I have no standing nor background in Physics and would  love to sit and talk with him.

LOL, when he came out with that time travel BS I called him a fake, would be wrong to talk to him after that, anyway I am sure that was his only motive, seems he was more interested in talking about that BS than what red shift is, oh by the way I said that the speed of light was the speed a wave traveled though a cold plasma medium so therefore there is no limit to the speed of light, so that is another side to the joke, I also said in a national paper that he was wrong about just everything and liked the free ride he got from sounding clever.

But light has no max speed, but that would have been for another day, but judging by the comments here that is not going to happen, I am done with posting threads here, you all seem to have a hang up about lucinda rather than talking about anything of worth.

THE SPEED OF LIGHT IS THE SPEED LIGHT TRAVELS THOUGH THE COLD PLASMA AT THE PRESSURE IT IS NOW, CHANGE THAT PRESSURE SO THE SPEED OF LIGHT CHANGES, but don't let me destroy your dream world.

leon Bowler wrote:

LOL, when he came out with that time travel BS I called him a fake, would be wrong to talk to him after that, anyway I am sure that was his only motive, seems he was more interested in talking about that BS than what red shift is, oh by the way I said that the speed of light was the speed a wave traveled though a cold plasma medium so therefore there is no limit to the speed of light, so that is another side to the joke,
I also said in a national paper that he was wrong about just everything and liked the free ride he got from sounding clever

Well I'm glad to see you're back, and can give us something to change our 'dream world'. Clearly you're operating at a very high level if you can call Stephen Hawking a fake and still have full credibility with your investors, etc. Please do give us a link to the article you mention in the bolded section so that we may learn.

leon Bowler wrote:

I doubt whether any of you reach anywhere near my level, 

Yet it was you who came here, to engage us, with your challenge to disprove your theory.  Just what did you hope to find, knowing you were far superior to any intellect you might encounter?  Looking for a feel good fix after being shut out by your own intellectual superiors?

leon Bowler wrote:

But light has no max speed, but that would have been for another day, but judging by the comments here that is not going to happen, I am done with posting threads here, you all seem to have a hang up about lucinda rather than talking about anything of worth.

THE SPEED OF LIGHT IS THE SPEED LIGHT TRAVELS THOUGH THE COLD PLASMA AT THE PRESSURE IT IS NOW, CHANGE THAT PRESSURE SO THE SPEED OF LIGHT CHANGES, but don't let me destroy your dream world.

is about here that it usual goes wrong

light travels at measurable constant c in a vaccum. the constant part is what matters in relativity theoretical workings, not the actual speed.  the measurements in the works are relative to the constant.

is true that light has measurable different speeds when it passes thru non-vaccums made of different substances. it doesn't change the speed of light thru the vacuum tho and doesnt invalidate the works based on the constant c either

+

as far as the max speed of light goes. it maybe possible that light could go faster than the speed it goes thru a vaccum. we just dont know what that non-vaccum substance is. if we ever do find out then we can measure it. until then we just carry on working with what we can measure, even if only by modelling

the interesting thing is that in this unknown substance or even in some kinda super duper inverse vaccum then the measurable speed of light may even be a zillion times faster. even if so then it not change the constant c 

leon Bowler wrote:

But light has no max speed, but that would have been for another day, but judging by the comments here that is not going to happen, I am done with posting threads here,
you all seem to have a hang up about lucinda rather than talking about anything of worth.

Interesting you should say that we 'all' seem hung up about lucinda. The only lucinda reference I could find was here. At the time I thought it might be off the mark, but your recent comments lead me to believe it was spot on. If you AREN'T lucinda, you should look her up. You have much in common.

leon Bowler wrote:

Although I've repeated ideas of others, I've also verified them for consistency myself. Given the choice between believing that the observations I've made support what I've been told, and believing that you are on the verge of proving everything we know is wrong, I must agree that I doubt whether I reach anywhere near your level.

leon Bowler wrote:

Well, we added a lot more that the comments you received on the thread you opened on SLU under a different name. http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/politics-religion-society/75407-big-bang-fact-fiction.html 

I find your comments in this post quite arrogant. We asked you some some pertinent questions and so did Robert Daguerre on the SLU thread and just like here, you have chosen not to answer them. Why not? No answer to them? All you can say is we're not at your level so you're going to run away and not chat to us. Bye then.

leon Bowler wrote:

... I doubt whether any of you reach anywhere near my level, when one of you have an idea that is your own rather than something you heard then I will chat with you, but not one reply here is worth answering

You were naive enough to start the thread, so if you're going to call anyone a fool, you might start with the man in your mirror.

Clearly you aren't able to answer any of the questions that were put to you here -- aside from your flounce, which I quoted above. You are on our level until you prove otherwise, and you've done nothing in that regard.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.