Would like to start learning korean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Would love a chance to learn korean, in my spare time ,and possibly expand my knowledge. I know it is not something that can be picked up in mere monthes, and would love to dedicate myself in learning  hangul, although at this moment would be more focused on the speak aspect of it. 

Thank you 

amarock

amarock Amat wrote:

400$ and has bad reviews

So, let me get this straight..

you want other people to do research for you to find a site for you to learn Korean cheaply and with no bad reviews?

Here ya go cupcake. Google. Talk about lazy. BTW 4.6 stars out of 5 is not "bad reviews" and nothing worth doing properly is free.

I think since this is a Second Life forum its reasonable to assume that the OP was looking to see if this he could learn Korean here in SL rather than using Rossetta Stone or similar.

At the very least he is looking for a personal reccomendation from someone, you know, where someone tells you of their experience with something independently and seperately from the people who are trying to sell it to you. This also provides the opportunity for the OP to ask further questions and for any respondants to come back to him, this is commonly known as a conversation,  The most efficient way to get this online is by posting in a forum and not by searching Google, this also has the added advantage that other users browsing the forums, such as myself, who might also be interested in learning another language can share in the conversation.  

Since the answer to every question ever posted in any forum anywhere ultimately can be found by searching Google, its safe to assume that forum users posing questions have either exhausted the Google option or have opted to use a different approach. 

The only person to mention Google and get all hung up on doing research is YOU. If answering a question in a forum makes you so annoyed and is such a disturbance to your busy day, might I reccomend that you do us all a favour and just don't answer questions. On this particular occassion your posts in this thread are are nothing more than a rather pathetic brand of pointless bullying.

Ziggy21 Slade wrote:

Since the answer to every question ever posted in any forum anywhere ultimately can be found by searching Google, its safe to assume that forum users posing questions have either exhausted the Google option or have opted to use a different approach. 

I've never found this to be the case. :D Suggest you go look at the thousands of "Help I'm a cloud" threads.

The OP didn't mention a where, or why. (Didn't even post a question, just a statement.) He didn't ask for SL users that speak Korean to help, and he posted into General Discussion. If he was truely after anything constructive, would've posted into Wanted.

Thanks for continuing the derail however, otherwise I'd have to think of something constructive to be typing here.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

The OP didn't mention a where, or why. (Didn't even post a question, just a statement.) He didn't ask for SL users that speak Korean to help, and he posted into General Discussion. If he was truely after anything constructive, would've posted into Wanted.

What alternative possible conclusion could you draw from the OP, other than the poster wants information on learning a language, if you are serioulsy suggesting that he just popped in here to let us all know his wish, just in case we were interested, then I think you also need some help with languages.  

Ziggy21 Slade wrote:

What alternative possible conclusion could you draw

I assumed the thread was junk, and didn't post a reply.

Further confirmed by the OP's response to an offer for help, which was to say 'no thanks' without clarifying their needs.

Unhelpfulness begets unhelpfulness, sorry.

Seeing as the only info we have is that they wish to learn Korean, any answer that would enable them to do so is a good answer. What is wrong with Rosetta stone? Millions have used it to learn languages, including a few of my family members. the complete package is $369usd.. The first level is much cheaper.

If they are looking to learn a language in SL perhaps they should search inworld for a school. This assumes they actually want to learn in SL and not a RL class or product.

If they have exhausted the Google option and have yet to find an answer, perhaps the answer does not exist.

Perhaps the OP could give us a bit more info as to what they want, how much they wish to spend, and how fluent they need to be.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I'm American but must have been Korean in my previous life (preferably hot kpop chick). I have been trying to learn Korean for years. Its very easy to learn to read it and lots of fun. I have watched hours and hours of kdramas and am actually going to see a Kpop group in Miami this month, Block B!

I suggest you drown yourself in Kdramas and Kpop as well. The honorifics are really interesting....

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I stumbled across this post because I am attempting to learn Korean and wanted some more exposure to Korean speakers. I did a face to face class with King Sejong Institute this year and will be applying to continue again this year. (They offer a range of excellent online learning resources at http://www.sejonghakdang.org + apps). In addition I use Talk to Me in Korean (https://talktomeinkorean.com) website, texts and videos to supplement my learning. However, having access to native speakers to get used to natural conversation that isn't contrived text book dialogue would be a plus and I wondered what SL communities exist where I might get either direct or passive exposure.  I will be doing my own exploration via places/community directory but am open to suggestions from other residents, particularly Korean speakers or those seeking similar exposure. 감사합니다 :)

Edited by Moggs Oceanlane
Typo fix - add links

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.