I ♥ SL, I Won the Game!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently I was invited to explore the Happiest Place in Second Life, Hairy Hippo Fun Land. Okay so it was foggy when we got there and some of the rides were broke but we had a blast! They have an interactive food court that can actually make your avatar feel ill and have to run to the restroom along with some awesome games and prizes. That is where I won this Totally Awesome Huggable Mole!

So How about you, have you ever won anything in Second Life? What was it and do you have a picture? (you know what they say; pics or it never happened). Please share what you have won in Second Life.

Disclaimer: This post is not intended to spark a debate about whether or not Second Life is a game. This post was created to show that there are fun things to do in Second Life that have prizes you can win. Remember according to the Official Community Participation Guidelines posting Off Topic Content is subject to removal by the Forum Moderators. Second Life is Fun, let's remember to have some! :)

Mole2.jpg

I have 'won' some random Lucky Chair prizes when I just happened to be in the shop when 'V' came up, and L$ when sploders were the rage in clubs a few years ago.  No photos of those occasions, sorry!

I have earned the friendship of a few people who I hold dear.

BTW, congrats on your prize. :)

Venus Petrov wrote:

I have 'won' some random Lucky Chair prizes when I just happened to be in the shop when 'V' came up, and L$ when sploders were the rage in clubs a few years ago.  No photos of those occasions, sorry!

I have
earned
the friendship of a few people who I hold dear.

BTW, congrats on your prize.
:)

Thank you Venus. What about Linden Realms, have you been there? I have not tried it yet, but I should. :)

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

I have
earned
the friendship of a few people who I hold dear.

BTW, congrats on your prize.

Thank you Venus. What about Linden Realms, have you been there? I have not tried it yet, but I should.

The place where rocks roll over you and you win L$6/hour?  Only when it was very early and I could not figure out (or did not have the patience to do so) the rules.  Others have enjoyed it.

Back in my early SL days, I had an unbelieveable run of luck with sploders, winning about 10K Lindens in a little over a week. It was enough to let me buy all the essentiasl to get going and it really helped me want to stay in SL. The quality of freebies was nothing like it is today back in 2007. Of course it just spurred me to want to buy more stuff and pony up a CC number, so in the end I probably "lost". But I'm not complaining.

Brenda Connolly wrote:

Back in my early SL days, I had an unbelieveable run of luck with sploders, winning about 10K Lindens in a little over a week. It was enough to let me buy all the essentiasl to get going and it really helped me want to stay in SL. The quality of freebies was nothing like it is today back in 2007. Of course it just spurred me to want to buy more stuff and pony up a CC number, so in the end I probably "lost". But I'm not complaining.

I know how you feel. If I had not won some Lindens in contest, and was no given some by people that just wanted to help a newbie I may have never known the joy of spending money in SL. Now that I knowit I am hoooked. :P

I'd say the biggest prizes were when Linden Lab did the Golden Hearts and Golden Eggs thing, for L$5000 per. I got a couple of those. Helped that I knew my Linden and Mole builds. Mount G'al was very good to me. Twice. :-)

345129.jpg

361625.jpg

I've won a few other items here and there, such as some of the Goodies in The Wilderness and in Rizal, some neat stuff at Pyri Peaks, oh, and L$ in Linden Realms. And, of course, Hairy Hippo Fun Land. :-D

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hi Keli! The only thing I ever won was this. :smileyhappy: Lexie rocks, doesn't she?
:D

[12:47] Lexie Linden: Congratulations on being the first runner up in the New Year, New you! Image contest!!  Your L$1,000 is being sent now!   Thank you!   The Second Life Community Team

Congrats I was so happy for you and yes Lexie totally rocks! :)

Marianne McCann wrote:

I'd say the biggest prizes were when Linden Lab did the Golden Hearts and Golden Eggs thing, for L$5000 per. I got a couple of those. Helped that I knew my Linden and Mole builds. Mount G'al was very good to me. Twice. :-)

345129.jpg

361625.jpg

I've won a few other items here and there, such as some of the Goodies in The Wilderness and in Rizal, some neat stuff at Pyri Peaks, oh, and L$ in Linden Realms. And, of course, Hairy Hippo Fun Land. :-D

Gosh you win everything I am going to have to go to more places with you. :)

i've won at xploders lucky chairs guess & win and what not i have 'won' at linden realms quite handsomely on the orange crystal cash out i do mostly enjoy the Linden Realms but all the lucrative crystal sims are full of 'cheats' using tools to give them an unfair advantage to swipe all the orange blue and green crystals 

i can't remember if it was a win it was so long ago but one time when i played zyngo i got an entire row of jesters 
Snapshot _ ZyngoSphere - Zyngo Island - Zyn, da Vinci (134, 208.png 

Claireschen Hesten wrote:

i've won at xploders lucky chairs guess & win and what not i have 'won' at linden realms quite handsomely on the orange crystal cash out i do mostly enjoy the Linden Realms but all the lucrative crystal sims are full of 'cheats' using tools to give them an unfair advantage to swipe all the orange blue and green crystals 

i can't remember if it was a win it was so long ago but one time when i played zyngo i got an entire row of jesters 

Snapshot _ ZyngoSphere - Zyngo Island - Zyn, da Vinci (134, 208.png

...and the picture! Awesome Congrats. :)

Sylvia Tamalyn wrote:

Well, since you asked me about this while I was in the process of winning prizes at Hairy Hippo Fun Land...:smileytongue:

7270883368_ac03cbf31a_b.jpg

The Viewers want to know, just how many prizes have you won at Happy Hippo Land?

When I was very newbie camping was the thing to "win" some Linden dollars.

During the "golden" age of xploders I won money, money and more money.  Sometimes one could win crazy amounts in short time.

Few times I have won money in those "best in something" competitions in clubs.

Lucky chairs have dropped something into my inventory occasionally.

Recently I have not won anything as I mostly explore places, go sailing, go to concerts or do something similar where there is no chance to win something. :smileytongue:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.