I really do love new people! I really do! But sometimes, whew!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

DQ Darwin wrote:

Okay the name "Poofy" was a big warning sign. It was a good thing you had nothing else to do but watch the house "attach, rez; attach, rez; attach, rez". lol.

I received a "friendship" offer the other day, so I checked the profile. The pic of this guy looked like an ad for male attachments...I asked if he had anything else to offer and declined. Some people just don't understand how this works.

Don't you just love SL:)

Oh yes!  You just gotta love SL!

Peace!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

He had no issues at all telling me about his grand idea to set up home there when he saw I had "all these great prims going unused" (I had 154-ish). Then he decided to invite some friends over, and seeing the "furniture and stuff you have"(aka the eh hem, rug, and intan ball in my otherwise empty home)" thought it would be great to throw our own orgy. He told me he thought as long as the land had room and prims, people are free to set up home anywhere they want and do whatever they want.

ALWAYS set an auto-return.

Oh yes!  And I am quite easy!  200 minute autoreturn!  HEHEH!

Peace!

I received a "friendship" offer the other day, so I checked the profile. The pic of this guy looked like an ad for male attachments...I asked if he had anything else to offer and declined. Some people just don't understand how this works.

Don't you just love SL :)

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

He had no issues at all telling me about his grand idea to set up home there when he saw I had "all these great prims going unused" (I had 154-ish). Then he decided to invite some friends over, and seeing the "furniture and stuff you have"(aka the eh hem, rug, and intan ball in my otherwise empty home)" thought it would be great to throw our own orgy. He told me he thought as long as the land had room and prims, people are free to set up home anywhere they want and do whatever they want.

Nah, I don't like it :)

I use it when necessary, but prefer to not have it on at all times. I have my reasons :)

:matte-motes-big-grin:

Ya know...  a few days ago,  I accidentially took my house into my inventory.  I tried to restore it to last position,  but I had several copies of the same house - and it didn't work out so well.  One of them ended up back on the old lot I had rented ... on top of some poor horses that live there now. 

Then,  I proceeded to take everything in - so I could put out a new house ... might as well start fresh,  I thought.

I tell ya,  long story short,  I ended up with things being grouped wrong - then taking them back out - my belongings were just everywhere!

My friend madi has an eagle eye, so we scanned the neighbor hood and I went about collecting my things. 

If poofy hadnt been so rude,   she would have been pretty adorbable ...   I just love watching new people (that are NOT rude) discover the wonders and often confusing things in SL. 

Over a year later,  I'm still laughing with myself when silly things happen.   When madi found my house 3 doors down,  we both had a laugh.

I guess I better get back to work ...  tho, I really don't want to.  :-P

Cali Souther wrote:

:matte-motes-big-grin:

Ya know...  a few days ago,  I accidentially took my house into my inventory.  I tried to restore it to last position,  but I had several copies of the same house - and it didn't work out so well.  One of them ended up back on the old lot I had rented ... on top of some poor horses that live there now. 

Then,  I proceeded to take everything in - so I could put out a new house ... might as well start fresh,  I thought.

I tell ya,  long story short,  I ended up with things being grouped wrong - then taking them back out - my belongings were just everywhere!

My friend madi has an eagle eye, so we scanned the neighbor hood and I went about collecting my things. 

If poofy hadnt been so rude,   she would have been pretty adorbable ...   I just love watching new people (that are NOT rude) discover the wonders and often confusing things in SL. 

Over a year later,  I'm still laughing with myself when silly things happen.   When madi found my house 3 doors down,  we both had a laugh.

I guess I better get back to work ...  tho, I really don't want to.  :-P

LOL!  I love noobs too!  And I am still noobish in many ways!

Peace!

These stories are funny after some time passes or when they happen to someone else.  :D

Tari: You could always just have your friends or alts join the land group. People like that guy can really abuse the no auto return thing. Not only abuse you but your neighbors, too. Just sayin'.

I thought Poofy sounded bad but your guest takes the cake Tari. There is no way I would've given him and his impromptu swinger's party another second. They would've all been immediately ejected/banned, their crap returned, and probably muted as well. It gets so you can predict the 'conversation' that follows. Mainly that no one apologizes, it's always either excuses, justifications or arguments. Often worse - like his griefing you with prims. And then there's the name calling.

Click, eject, ban, is so much easier and kinder to one's nerves after a while!

Melita Magic wrote:

These stories are funny after some time passes or when they happen to someone else.  
:D

Tari: You could always just have your friends or alts join the land group. People like that guy can really abuse the no auto return thing. Not only abuse you but your neighbors, too. Just sayin'.

I thought Poofy sounded bad but your guest takes the cake Tari. There is no way I would've given him and his impromptu swinger's party another second. They would've all been immediately ejected/banned, their crap returned, and probably muted as well. It gets so you can predict the 'conversation' that follows. Mainly that no one apologizes, it's always either excuses, justifications or arguments. Often worse - like his griefing you with prims. And then there's the name calling.

Click, eject, ban, is so much easier and kinder to one's nerves after a while!

HI Melita!  HEHE!  I try to be very tolerant.  And I am slow to burn.  But I do have my limits!  Hugs to you!

Peace!

Tari Landar wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

Nah, I don't like it
:)

I use it when necessary, but prefer to not have it on at all times. I have my reasons
:)

Then in my opinion, the person squatting on your land had no reason to suspect it was wrong... You invited them to.

If you put out a request for harm to be cast upon yourself, do not be surprised nor upset when harm arrives.

hey hippie

i got to say the art of trolling is fun but some just take it out of hand.

my form of trolling is posting the same thing over and over again until you get board of seeing my posts.

i guess it is kinda instilled in me from further used social networking sites.

Can't quote at the moment, keep getting a weird error... but, anyway.

I'm not real certain what you read in my message. But I wasn't angry about anything that was done. I'm well aware of what not having auto return on and allowing others to rez on my land leaves open. I'm also well aware that, at times, I may have to deal with someone deciding to take advantage of that fact. Though it's a pretty rare occurance these days. It was simply a shared story, nothing more, nothing less. Not some giant tirade about "zomg he stoles my land, and stuff". Nope, I'm not that person, not in the least. There are some folks who don't understand how things "typically" work(I say typically because, well, there's not really a written manual on what we can and cannot do, in all scenarios on all land, at all times, etc.. etc...) I'm more than happy to help them learn. There are also others out there who are well aware, and will still touch the hot stove after getting burnt, simply because they can. I'm more than happy to help them learn too. There are very few instances that will shut off my willingness to help someone learn. It just so happened this gentleman decided to cross that line.

I've had plenty of other experiences in the past with people rezzing on my land(aside from simply opening things or checking them out, lol), not necessarily realizing what they were doing, or heck even realizing it and not necessarily caring at the moment, that have gone much much more smooth(fun even). This was merely one incident, and not really all that huge of a deal. Not something I'd get my panties in a wad over, for sure.

I do use the settings available to me, when I find appropriate. I just don't always use them all 24/7, and have actually never had any reason to. Most people are pretty darn cool actually, reasonable, don't misuse the permissions given-even if given the opportunity, and even if they do overstep(perhaps slightly so) have no qualms fixing any errors. I run across very few who behave otherwise these days. Sometimes, when it does happen, it's pretty amusing to me. Like in this case. But then I am patient as the day is long so, that likely has a lot more to do with it than anything else. I wouldn't recommend my choices or methods to others. I do what works for me, and I tell others to do whatever works for them.

• 1 month later...

PassionBlackwell808 wrote:

LMAO

I know you were probably livid Hippie, but that is funny as hell. And I'll keep an eye out for a girl named Poofy in case she comes in for something. lol

LOL Passion!  It was not funny at the time, but now I smile everytime I think of it!  LOL!  

Peace!

Yeah typically the peopl;e you would want to do business with have payment info on file.

That and when looking to rent their concerns are - size of land, prim allowance, rights, and price.

The hard fact is - n00bs are a pain in the butt. Sometimes what seems to be a noob is but an alt. Of course you can usually tell noobs pretty fast cause they do things like wear houses.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.