Quote of the day!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"She was cute as lace pants."

Moose Malloy in Raymond Chandler's Farewell, My Lovely. In addition to the book there was an excellent movie version starring Dick Powell (yes, as in the hoofer Dick Powell) as the literate but hardboiled detective Philip Marlowe: he did a terrific job. The original movie title was Murder, My Sweet but I've seen it billed with the title of the book also. Robert Mitchum was in a much later remake, not nearly as good as the Dick Powell version.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

emmettcullen93 wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

"
Always remember that you are unique.

Just like everyone else
".

:smileywink:

is that from forest gump?

oh you want original quotes? i can do those too hehehe

here is one of mine from a long long time ago in RA forums..

"
Vanity..it's not just for holding up the sink anymore
"..

Ceka Cianci
<3

individualitydemotivator.jpg

lol

o now that is cute lol

emmettcullen93 wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

emmettcullen93 wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

"
Always remember that you are unique.

Just like everyone else
".

:smileywink:

is that from forest gump?

oh you want original quotes? i can do those too hehehe

here is one of mine from a long long time ago in RA forums..

"
Vanity..it's not just for holding up the sink anymore
"..

Ceka Cianci
<3

individualitydemotivator.jpg

lol

o now that is cute lol

That poster could also read "Individuality: Fake it, who'll know?" Most of the snowflakes depicted have either five or eight spokes. Only the one partially off the top, left of center, has six.

I love despair.com, Emmett!

;-)

i have two, from my favorite authors.

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
--- H.P. Lovecraft

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
--- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

i taught my 7 year old daughter the litany when she was afraid of the dark... i overhead her whispering it when she went to pet my uncles Rottweiler. :smileyvery-happy:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

i have two, from my favorite authors.

"
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."

--- H.P. Lovecraft

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

--- Frank Herbert,
Dune
- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

i taught my 7 year old daughter the litany when she was afraid of the dark... i overhead her whispering it when she went to pet my uncles Rottweiler. :smileyvery-happy:

I don't think I was ever afraid of the dark. When I was very young, my Father built a small cardboard door at the base of the wall near by bed. This "Monster Door" was the portal into the world of strange creatures who were afraid of me and left small "gifts" to win my favor. Those gifts might be pieces of candy, rusty hinges or dust bunnies. As they only moved about in the dark, I was generally happy to have the lights go out at bedtime, so I could sneak to the door and discover my treat.

Meanwhile, my Mother loved to chase me around in the dark (first in the house, then through the woods) making spooky noises. If she caught me, she tickled me. The dark is a wonderful and mysterious place, unfortunately because of the all too real risks, too few people enjoy it.

I don't think I'd have understood Lovecraft or Herbert when I was little (not sure I understand them now). My SL home and skybox are connected by small, teleporting Monster Doors. Old habits die hard.

wow o wow

@ irene love that one made me laugh

@ drake1 makes me remember my past when i saw a old wwf wresltler take his mask off. had nightmares for a month on that one. lol

@ maddy omg that site is hiralious lol

@ luc haha glad it works for you i cant access on these crappy school computers got to wait until i get on my laptop.

Chaplin is no businessman - all he knows is that he can't take anything less.

Sam Goldwyn

Irene Muni wrote:

"
If
you have
talent
do not
use that talent to
go further: 
use your
talent
to go
side by side with other
" (Alejandro Aravena,
Chilean architect)

couldnt agree more. lol

here is todays quote...............

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.

- Thomas Jefferson

http://www.on-this-day.com/cgi-bin/quote.pl?NonSSI

top 10 dumbest quotes and coming up 5 shortest wars cross thread from hippies history thread.

1.This was the first, and undoubtedly the last expedition that will see this useless place.

This sentence was uttered by Lieutenant Joseph Ives after the expedition to the Grand Canyon 1861st .Today, five million people every year visit this “useless place.”

2.HIV Is Not the Cause of AIDS By Peter H. Duesberg.

Peter Duesberg said this, unfortunately, completely wrong statement 1988th.

3.”People will never make a bigger  plane.”

This was once said by a Boeing engineer, after the first flight of Boeing 247, which could accommodate 10 passengers.

4.”It’s better for you to become secretary or get married than to do this”

This advice was given to Marilyn Monroe by the photo models Agency 1944th .What a mistake!

5. ”You are crazy if you think that we are looking for oil”

Associates of Edwin Drake’s voyage were completely confused by this “stupid idea” Edwin Drake’s voyage, the first man who began making oil drilling in the U.S. 1859th

6.”We do not like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out of fashion.”

Probably the biggest mistake by the publishing house  Grandpa Recording made in 1962. refused the famous Beatles.

7.”The phone has too many flaws to be seriously considered as a means of communication.

Western Union statement in 1876th . Estimates Wrong.

8.”I think there is a world market for maybe five computers..”

This was  said by Thomas Watson, Chairman IBM, 1943.  This is actually true in the next 10 years.  After that, complete crap.

9.”Television won’t last because people will soon get tired of staring at…”

Incredibly stupid, statements regarding the future of their own field Lee deForest, American radio pioneer and inventor of the vacuum tube, 1957

10.“There is no reason why someone would want a computer in their home.”

This was  the opinion given by  Ken Olson, president and founder of Digital Ekvipment.  And not so long ago, 1977.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.