Member 16

Re: Ron Paul For President

Reply to Peggy Paperdoll - view message

when core supporters from both sides stay home then is even harder for the challenger to win. in campaigns where this happens then the middle goes for the dog they know

if look at when a sitting usa president has been defeated then jimmy carter and george bush snr. both them ran into extraordinary opponents. ronald reagan and bill clinton. in both cases incumbent president not only had deep problems but also extraordinary opponent

Honored Resident
Hilton Harpoon

Reply to Yohan Roux - view message

Ron Paul 2012!

There is NO WAY to stop this train now.

http://www.h-r-n.biz
Kascha Matova
Topics: 3

Reply to PudgyPaddy - view message

PudgyPaddy wrote:

Rene Erlanger wrote:

Nice twist....Iran has nothing to gain by closing the Straits of Hormuz.....sorry i'm not inclined to believe the State Dept propaganda machine.....it's as credible as the WMD stories used to attack Iraq the 2nd time around.

Europe buy their Oil from a variety different Oil Producing countries including a lot from war-torn Libya. We're not paranoid over Iran as the Republicans are. Again, Iran is not an aggressor State....I see the U.S more of a threat to world peace, by throwing it's weight around in the Middle East when it really isn't needed. They need to stay out of that region...which has already witnessed 4 wars in the last 20 years.

Saddam Hussein told an FBI interviewer before he was hanged that he allowed the world to believe he had weapons of mass destruction because he was worried about appearing weak to Iran.  Hussein, in fact, said he felt so vulnerable to the perceived threat from "fanatic" leaders in Tehran that he would have been prepared to seek a "security agreement with the United States to protect [Iraq] from threats in the region."

So much for US State Department propaganda, huh?

The US is throwing its weight around cleaning up the mess left by the British and French after their attempts at colonization failed subsequent to the fall of the Ottoman Empire.

It's fairly ridiculous to truly believe that Iraq's next door neighbor, with millions of people sharing a common religion and groups/tribes spanning the border, could not find even one person to help them see the truth behind such claims. I wouldn't put so much weight behind the words of a man condemned to death who frankly would say anything to earn himself even one more day of life. Especially when the source of such quotes is the FBI. ESPECIALLY when such quotes conveniently provide another excuse to get thousands more of our kids killed on foreign soil.

These two are part of one of the oldest cultures on the planet and any bickering has been the direct result of tribal philosophical and religious differences. Something each has dealt with without nuclear missiles since inception. Such absurd claims are about as believable as some kid running around a playground suddenly claiming to have a gun for protection against another kid he has been arm-wrestling to a standstill for the last five school years, because the other kid "isn't right in the head". It's poppycock.

Sorry, but there is a point at which the refusal of a populace to admit the truth about what a blight its country has become to the rest of the world approaches closely enough to criminal that they can no longer expect to be seen as separate from the regime they've elected repeatedly into power. The American public has reached that point.

It is true after all. People really do get the government they deserve. 

I've been analyzing your posts, and I'm fairly certain I could replace you with a shell script of five lines or fewer.
Kascha Matova
Topics: 3

Reply to PudgyPaddy - view message

PudgyPaddy wrote:

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Someone implied I was a racist because I happen to be a registered Republican (the link was that Republicans are full of racists so, therefore, I was one too).  But isn't your venom a little Anti Semite?  That's about as close to being as racist as one can get without being an actual racist.

Think about it.

This ^^

Who didn't see it coming.  

People who have no reason to force criticism to be synonymous with hatred perhaps? I dunno.

I personally feel no need whatsoever to defend calling Israel out for the bullying hypocrites that they are. They have become what they claim to despise. An oppressive rogue warlike regime practicing racial cleansing while crying victim to the rest of the world and expecting everyone else to send their children to die for their regional imperialism. A pompous world power that thumbs its nose at the same world organizations that it is running to begging for crackdowns on other countries that it fears are doing the same nose thumbing they do. And the US is right there in hypocrisy with them.

And for the record, I will also call the anti-semite label out for what everyone else seems to be scared to call it. A race card. Just like the one that tons of these same Western warmongers accuse blacks of throwing out for complaining about the exact same thing the Jews are. Oppression, racism, villification, and antagonism. 

Ironically the best thing blacks could do to help themselves is convert en masse to Judaism. What a show that would be. How many heads in this world would literally explode as their owners tried to figure out whether blacks should be called out for playing victim or supported no questions asked by NATO bombing runs on "The Man"?

As to the other point, party affiliation has nothing to do with racism. That's not even worth the effort of debating.

I've been analyzing your posts, and I'm fairly certain I could replace you with a shell script of five lines or fewer.

Reply to Kascha Matova - view message

Kascha Matova wrote:

PudgyPaddy wrote:

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Someone implied I was a racist because I happen to be a registered Republican (the link was that Republicans are full of racists so, therefore, I was one too).  But isn't your venom a little Anti Semite?  That's about as close to being as racist as one can get without being an actual racist.

Think about it.

This ^^

Who didn't see it coming.  

People who have no reason to force criticism to be synonymous with hatred perhaps? I dunno.

I personally feel no need whatsoever to defend calling Israel out for the bullying hypocrites that they are. They have become what they claim to despise. An oppressive rogue warlike regime practicing racial cleansing while crying victim to the rest of the world and expecting everyone else to send their children to die for their regional imperialism. A pompous world power that thumbs its nose at the same world organizations that it is running to begging for crackdowns on other countries that it fears are doing the same nose thumbing they do. And the US is right there in hypocrisy with them.

And for the record, I will also call the anti-semite label out for what everyone else seems to be scared to call it. A race card. Just like the one that tons of these same Western warmongers accuse blacks of throwing out for complaining about the exact same thing the Jews are. Oppression, racism, villification, and antagonism. 

Ironically the best thing blacks could do to help themselves is convert en masse to Judaism. What a show that would be. How many heads in this world would literally explode as their owners tried to figure out whether blacks should be called out for playing victim or supported no questions asked by NATO bombing runs on "The Man"?

As to the other point, party affiliation has nothing to do with racism. That's not even worth the effort of debating.

I see you doing a preemptive strike against anyone who might see "antisemitism" in your many comments.   Isn't that interesting. 

On page six of this thread, you've re-written the history of Israel.  Your comment on page six, reverses reality, and has Israel as the aggressor which illuminates your views, rather than the truth.   What actually happened is that, one day after Israel is declared an independent state in 1948,  Arab nations invaded and attacked.   There has been aggression towards Israel non-stop since that time. 

Ironically, the initial attack upon Israel was because the Untied Nations and United Kingdom (UK) had proposed a partition of land areas for Jewish and Arab peoples in that area.  Independent states for Israel and Palestine were the original proposal.  This was proposed to reduce conflict in the area.

So, the very type of proposal that was rejected by Arab nations in 1948, is now what they seek.    Of course, back then it was rejected because the only solution for the Arab nations in that area, was to eradicate Israel.   Which has been their goal ever since Israel was invaded in 1948.  

Surrounding Arab nations would not allow Palestinian refugees to become citizens of their neighboring nations, because the Palestinian people were being used as a tool, for the continuing attacks upon Israel.  Neighboring Arab nations, felt it better to keep Palestinians fresh in their hatred, rather than give them refuge.

Now, after all this time, death and destruction, this past year, in 2011, Palestinian president Mahmound Abbas stated that the Arab rejection of the partition plan was a mistake, and that he intends to rectify that mistake. 

Oh, and if you want to tell me how some of your best friends are Jewish and live in Israel, I'm all ears.  *smiling* 

Shalom

Honored Member
Ciaran Laval

Yohan Roux wrote:

I agree with both of you, in the UK Ron Paul is an inspiration, we are becoming more vocal now and calling for someone like him here.

Behave! Ron Paul is not an inspiration in the UK.

Advisor
Suella Ember

Reply to Ciaran Laval - view message

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Yohan Roux wrote:

I agree with both of you, in the UK Ron Paul is an inspiration, we are becoming more vocal now and calling for someone like him here.

I'll come out of hiding just to second that!

Why the heck would we be calling for someone like him here? Quite the opposite. We are calling for our own psycho, prejudiced idiots who love their rhetoric to be removed!

Ron Paul is clever. I'll give him that. He fools people into thinking he is 'for the people' with his fight against corrution, lobbying etc. A worthy fight, absolutely, and it's the type of fight that is needed in global politics. Ron Paul certainly isn't the man to lead that fight though. He's still a massively prejudiced typical conservative though who doesn't care for equality on the grounds of race, gender, religious beliefs or sexual orientation one iota. He set America (and the world) back decades in terms of isolation and localised and legalised prejudices.

Don't be fooled by Ron Pauls rhetoric. Do your reseach. Once you wade through all the Ron Paul happy-clapping, you'll soon realise what this man actually stands for.

Anyway - enjoy the debate. I'm off to shout at a few more Tory scum!

[ Edited ]

Reply to Suella Ember - view message

Suella Ember wrote:

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Yohan Roux wrote:

I'll come out of hiding just to second that!

Why the heck would we be calling for someone like him here? Quite the opposite. We are calling for our own psycho, prejudiced idiots who love their rhetoric to be removed!

Ron Paul is clever. I'll give him that. He fools people into thinking he is 'for the people' with his fight against corrution, lobbying etc. A worthy fight, absolutely, and it's the type of fight that is needed in global politics. Ron Paul certainly isn't the man to lead that fight though. He's still a massively prejudiced typical conservative though who doesn't care for equality on the grounds of race, gender, religious beliefs or sexual orientation one iota. He set America (and the world) back decades in terms of isolation and localised and legalised prejudices.

Don't be fooled by Ron Pauls rhetoric. Do your reseach. Once you wade through all the Ron Paul happy-clapping, you'll soon realise what this man actually stands for.

Anyway - enjoy the debate. I'm off to shout at a few more Tory scum!

It appears that YOU are the prejudiced one Suella.   You've just tossed out, a typical cliched diatribe about someone, with which know very little.     *rolls eyes*

I supposed it irked you to know that there are people in the UK that think Ron Paul is an inspiration, so you had to post here.      *laughing* 

Check out some of these links: 

http://brits4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UK-Supporters-of-Ron-Paul/215601155171188

Your tag line here shows your hate.  Enjoy the rest of your day...doing what you do.  

Advisor
Suella Ember

Reply to Celestiall Nightfire - view message

Stictly speaking, my signature highlights Aneurin Bevan's prejudices, but yeah, I hate people who hate just like he did. It's a pervesely twisted irony that also implies I hate myself. I'm a complicated individual who would never dream of claiming to be perfect.

Congratulations on finding a small blog that hasn't been updated since Feb 2010 and a Facebook page with 203 likes. I take it back. Ron Paul is a huge inspiration in the UK.

Anyway. Back to joining my 145,000 and growing comrades defending our free health care and fighting our own Conservative attempts to privatise it as they persue their campaign to demonize the poor and dislabled I go. I'd love to stay and 'debate' but it's so bad over here I must dedicate my time to fighting what even the most right-wing paper in the UK are comparing to Nazis! :smileysurprised: (Blimey! Even conservatives will be abandoning Conservatives next!)

Ceka Cianci

ok time for a tension breaker hehehe

i decided to look up the definition of a politician just to see what was out there..

i ended up with some pretty good results..here goes:

Word:  politician

n. One who shakes your hand before elections and your confidence thereafter.

n. An eel in the fundamental mud upon which organized society is erected.

n. Profession held by intellectual prostitutes.

there were some good quotes there..thought i would share them

Sharing:

Probably the most distinctive characteristic of the successful politician is selective cowardice.

— Richard Harris

Politicians and diapers both need to be changed often, and for the same reason.

— Bumper Sticker

Is a politician boinking a prostitute redundant, or a quid pro quo?

— Guy Smith

It is fast approaching the point where I don't want to elect anyone stupid enough to want the job.

— Erma Bombeck

Aristotle believed that the brain existed merely to cool blood and was not involved in with thinking, which has proven true for certain persons, mainly politicians.

— Derived from Will Cuppy

What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.

— Edward Langley

Today, wanting someone else's money is called "need", wanting to keep your own money is called "greed", and "compassion" is when politicians arrange the transfer.

— Joseph Sobran

I have always felt that a politician is to be judged by the animosities he excites among his opponents.

— Winston Churchill

Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks.

— Doug Larson

It is dangerous for a national candidate to say things that people might remember.

— Eugene McCarthy

An honest politician is one who, when he is bought, will stay bought.

— Simon Cameron

Now I know what a statesman is; he's a dead politician. We need more statesmen.

— Bob Edwards

Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

— Nikita Khrushchev

The reason there are so few female politicians is that it is too much trouble to put makeup on two faces.

— Maureen Murphy

When the politicians complain that TV turns the proceedings into a circus, it should be made clear that the circus was already there, and that TV has merely demonstrated that not all the performers are well trained.

— Edward R. Murrow

I have come to the conclusion that politics are too serious a matter to be left to the politicians.

— Charles De Gaulle

Ninety-eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hard-working, honest Americans. It's the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then--we elected them.

— Lily Tomlin

A politician under oath is a bit like a tumor under chemotherapy.

— William Ferraiolo

An honest politician appears on the scene as often as a celibate whore.

— William Ferraiolo

“Praise and blame, gain and loss, pleasure and sorrow come and go like the wind. To be happy, rest like a giant tree in the midst of them all”― Siddhartha Gautama
My Flickr