Recognized Resident
Casssey

Indicate your opinion about Virtual Learning

Dear Second Life users,

My name is Athanasios Christopoulos and I am an MSc by Research candidate at the University of Bedfordshire, UK. I am currently conducting a study on Virtual Environments concerning their educational potentials and impact on higher education. If any of you have used Second Life or any other Virtual Environment for educational purposes as a University student, please devote 5 minutes of your time to answer my questionnaire and share with me your opinion about Virtual Learning. 

At the beginning of the questionnaire you will find more information about the study. However, if you have additional questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Best wishes,

Athanasios Christopoulos

Re: Indicate your opinion about Virtual Learning

Reply to Casssey - view message

What is with all the questionnaires and surveys in the forums, lately? I consider them a form of spam.

"If I hadn't started painting, I would have raised chickens." - Grandma Moses.
Knutz Scorpio

I feel a need to correct you, in the introduction of your survey you refer to Second Life as an Opensim.  Opensim is an open source version of Second Life and in many posts I've sensed negative feelings toward Opensims.  And another useful source for your research may be found here, I've seen several articles on this subject there.

Perrie Juran

Reply to Clarissa Lowell - view message

Clarissa Lowell wrote:

What is with all the questionnaires and surveys in the forums, lately? I consider them a form of spam.

And this person actually thinks some of us are educated!  The audacity!

I think I will start a survey, "Should survey requests be allowed in the Forums?

Recognized Resident
Casssey

Reply to Knutz Scorpio - view message

I am afraid, I have to correct you back:smileyhappy: I know that Second Life and OpenSim are not the same. Nevertheless, my study concerns the educational use of Second Life AND OpenSim; since, many institutions, are using OpenSim technology as well for their educational projects.

Thus, if you have the willingness to help me, I will be glad to see your completed survey.

Thanks a lot for your time.

A.

Perrie Juran

Porky Gorky

Reply to Perrie Juran - view message

Cinnamon Lohner

[ Edited ]

Yes you can easily make a case that surveys violate the Community Guidelines for spam since they reference (and link to) another website which is offering a service.  Particularly when a person using surveymonkey uses the free version with the advertising attached

--Cinn

Spamming, Solicitation and Advertising: Spamming is not allowed. This includes aggressive self-promotion. No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum. Do not reference other websites offering any product or service.

surveymonkey.PNG

Knutz Scorpio

[ Edited ]

At least once you refer to Second Life as "a well-known Virtual World and OpenSim", direct quote from your survey.  But I guess poor wording is standard for surveys.

Knutz Scorpio

Reply to Perrie Juran - view message

Done, though I had to make a coin flip between two choices.