Mesh Avatars

Strawberry Singh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Flufee Valentine

How do you feel about mesh avatars like Flufee here? Would you feel comfortable with wearing a mesh avatar that completely covers the regular customizable sl av and prevents you from being as unique as you'd like to be?

With the onset of mesh there have been a number of mesh avatars hitting the grid and not all of them are just adorable like flufee. There was a gorgeous mesh doll from coco and I've seen mesh heads and other such things. As time goes by, do you feel all of us will revert over to using all mesh for our avs, not just clothing?

I'm not sure I'm ready to join that inevitable bandwagon. I'm kind of attached to my shape/avatar. I can see myself donning it for some fun snaps and/or roleplaying but not sure if it would be a permanent thing, not anytime soon anyways.

• Like 1

In my opinion the peties are great. They are cute and so many designers work on items for them. It was a wonderful idea from yabusaka to give others all the informations they needed to create skins and more for those avatars. So its possible to make those avatars more individual although they all use the same shape.

And they are finally small avatars which work with my normal ao. Thats something I always did not like about tinies that there is not a really big amount of different animations for them.

For me the petites made me have some awesome and funny roleplay I would never have thought of without them. And I think all the other mesh avatars also cause that. A friend of me had lots of fun with the avatars from Abranimations.

An other point is that it is always possible to add normal items to the avatars to let them look more unique. There is just a minimum of editing skills needed to do so.

I personally am loving the Petites.  Mrs. Raynier is playing on one at a Medievel sim for roleplay and she is adorable!  They are supposed to release the male version soon which I intend to snatch up immediately. 

As for human mesh avatars, I do not think so yet, for they would still need for me to have some ability to change lips, eyes, nose, structure of face is really important to me to bring out my features that I like in an avatar.   The fluidity of mesh is amazing and I hope that the advancement continues!

Most of my avatars are furries of one type or another, where at least the head and in some cases the entire body is covered by prims and sculpted prims. But I would not ever buy one that I couldn't modify. I tweak every avatar I buy, to make it uniquely my own. So a mesh avatar that is unmodifyable? No, thank you. I'm not interested.

I'm with you on not being able to get on the bandwagon of having a completely "mesh avatar".  I do enjoy being able to wear a complete avatar either prim or mesh every once in a while like my table avatar or my mesh bunny from Beetlebones.  Like Ceera Murakami points out until there are more options for customizing, people might not embrace mesh avatars outside of casual use.  But we can hope, that will soon be remedied.  

Great question Berry!

I personally thinkg mesh avatars are a lot of fun.  Are they something I'd use on a regular basis and sacrifice the unique look i've tried to create for myself? Probably not, but they are fun to experiment with on temporary occasions.  The endless possibilities that mesh is starting to offer is a lot of fun.  Maybe soon down the road we can have more mesh without sacrificing originality.  

Just like you, I am very attached to Harlow's specific shape and look.  I cringe when I have to adjust a number one or two points on the appearance editor to fit into a top, let alone an entire shape! :) 

I love mesh avatars, but i find it very difficult to dress them as a guy. I have almost no all prim clothing so finding things like pants is a problem for me. I am anxiously awaiting the male petites. I really like those avatars, and hope that at least some male oriented ecosystem prouts up around them.

sean

Warning! Picture heavy post coming up!

I am a mix'n match addict. I could never wear a premade outfit or an avatar that I could not customize. That is why I stayed avay from the mesh COCO doll for so long. But finally I gave up, and started my work on customizing bits and parts from my huge inventory for her. This demands that you are well used to manual editing and a bit of a control freak.

6939357323_994e8d1b05.jpg

6946456597_c0d63da503_z.jpg

6951463083_54795f2eaa.jpg

6949106545_afe92bce2e.jpg

6807214628_e39b3f5dda_z.jpg

The last picture demanded that I made my own alpha mask, so I could wear the default avatat torso and use clothing layer for the dress.

I really wish more would make mesh avatars and encourage others to make outfits for it, so we could mix. I think all would benefit from it. I love Ms. Cocoro Lemons quality work, but she clearly don't intend her mesh avatars to be worn with other brands outfits... It is possible but you need to customize and work around.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.