Whats up with my nose..is this normal?

Sephina Frostbite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One of the faults in the shaping process. If you try to have a more down turned nose, it tends to get that odd look on the side, only time it seems to even out is if the nose is wider. It's a pain. I get tired of straight out or upturned noses because of this look. I think (not sure if this is correct though) to a small degree the skin can effect it as well.

I get that sometimes too, and also a shadow at my brow because of how I like the bridge of my nose, I like to think it gives me a cultured Neanderthal look. As was pointed out on the facelight thread, others might not see you that way, depending on WL and other graphics settins, it's your nose honey, you don't look like a freak, stick with the nose you pick if you like it :matte-motes-sarcasm:

Be happy with it, your avatar is gorgeous.  Sometimes it's the angle your head is turned to that can cause distortions.  Sometimes lighting.  Don't worry about it.  Just make sure your profile picture is flattering.  People look at that after they notice you and if your picture is flattering, without the lines or shadows, they will know what you really look like.

It looks like a perfectly normal, nice shaped nose!  I do think that changing your windlight settings would get rid of those creases.  Happens to me too and i'm sure my nose is larger than yours. 

Someone mentioned skins...  i do know that some skins makes my nose look smaller & cuter (if only from the front view). 

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Doesnt always do it though?

Sephina_003.png

They do not show always.  It depends on the lighting.  I have discovered one trick: turn your back towards the sun (the face facing away from the sun).  Voila, perfect nose without those annoying sharp edges.  Sure they are still there, but as the sunlight comes from the back of the avatar the sharp edges are not rendered so that they could be noticed.  Some Windlights also make them quite unnoticeable.  The lighting plays a major role in that can those sharp features be seen or not.

:smileyhappy:

PS.

Those sharp edges are due to the poorly made avatar mesh.  It's quite impossible to get rid of them completely if one wants to keep petite narrowish nose.

:smileysad:

Syo Emerald wrote:

You have absolutly no idea what real flaming is....

Yes i do know what flaming is, flaming someone is being abusive to them for example yelling at them in a post when all they have done is offered some advice, i don't come here expecting to be shouted at, if that is allowed here then i shall not participate in this forum any longer.

KaelemDajuan wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

You have absolutely no idea what real flaming is....

Yes I do know what flaming is, flaming someone is being abusive to them for example yelling at them in a post when all they have done is offered some advice, I don't come here expecting to be shouted at, if that is allowed here then I shall not participate in this forum any longer.

I believe (and I could be wrong hun) that is trolling.  Flaming (and I could still be wrong) is when a homosexual man acts feminine but in an dramatic way.

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

KaelemDajuan wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

You have absolutely no idea what real flaming is....

Yes I do know what flaming is, flaming someone is being abusive to them for example yelling at them in a post when all they have done is offered some advice, I don't come here expecting to be shouted at, if that is allowed here then I shall not participate in this forum any longer.

I believe (and I could be wrong hun) that is
trolling.

Flaming (and I could still be wrong) is when a homosexual man acts feminine but in an dramatic way.

From the community guidelines:

No Flaming: "Flames" are hostile or disruptive posts, or messages intended to incite an angry response. Spirited discussion and constructive disagreement are welcome, but name-calling and airing of grievances are not appropriate in our discussion areas. We will also not tolerate any post that encourages others to violate any policy of Linden Lab

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.