Are you "really" a female?

Tara Innis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Answer: Yes - Are you "really" a wolf with wings?!!!! lol

In RL I am a female but it really should not be all that important as I am only on SL to explore, shop and chat with friends. I don't do any of the "A" stuff all that much and can do without it.

There are times when I thought of just changing my AVI to an animal or a male just for exploring but other times when I love to just buy outfits and try them on. 

Can one have multiple Avitars on a single account?

You can have as many avatars on a single account as you want assuming they would all be named Tara Innis. I have a pony and several guys and likely some odd animals I don't remember I have -- oh and a robot LOL.

You can also make ALTS if you want to be someone other than Tara Innis. The rules on alts change over time so check the official TOS and corresponding pages that lead off that to find out the current rules. In the olden days you paid to make "legal alts", then you could have FIVE, then you could have as many as you wanted IF you had a good use for them (and obviously not using for griefing).

I am not sure anyone ever asked me if I was really a girl -- maybe because I look so much like a "real girl" would make herself LOL. But lots have asked my age. I would say "three" and now "eight" and there would be a pause. Sometimes folks just don't get the VIRTUAL bit of it all.

Technically you are allowed up to five avatars.  Other people have more, so I don't think LL enforces it.  They may if you have more than five with the registration or payment info though.  Never heard of that though.

It really doesn't matter to me what people are in RL. What matters to me is they show me the respect I show all of them. 

I can understand if some people that get involved in intimate relations may want to know.  The only problem is that unless they meet in RL there is no 'proof' that can't be faked. 

Oh, have you met Quinn?

You may have up to 5 accounts with no problems.  More if you have them registered as scripted agants. (aka bots)  I have a male alt that I pull out every great once in a while but it does not take long for me to get frustrated with trying to get him dressed.

I have an ALT that I use to keep my boats floating in order to enjoy them more. Sadly my alt does not have the resources I have aquired since 2006 under my main account so i don't use her unless I need her.

Second Avi s would work great and thank you all for quick responces. 

are you female ?

anyways no u cant cuz all yr avatars will have the same name and i heard it was ilegal to make multiple accounts yet i have several on this 1 im a lonely sad guy and on another im a giant master werewlf an on another i am a teen girl exploring sl looking for sex everywhere  so just make multple accounts 

• 2 weeks later...

In answer to the original question: as a beginner I downloaded a female avatar -somehow.  I decided to put  it on to see if it would work.  I did indeed become a girl in a mini-skirt.  I am not interested in sexual activity, but I want to present myself as the gender I am.  I have difficulty relating to an avatar with the female AO that moves seductively by default.

What is the difference between having multiple avatars, i.e. multiple identities, and just buying a new avatar and putting it on? I am assuming that there is no limit to the latter.  Trying to be in two places at once sounds impractical.

In answer to the original question: as a beginner I downloaded a female avatar - somehow.  I decided to put  it on to see if it would work.  I did indeed become a girl in a mini-skirt.  I am not interested in sexual activity, but I want to present myself as the gender I am.  I have difficulty relating to an avatar with the female AO that moves seductively by default.

What is the difference between having multiple avatars, i.e. multiple identities, and just buying a new avatar and putting it on? I am assuming that there is no limit to the latter.  Trying to be in two places at once sounds impractical.

I find that most of the guys who want to know if I am really female don't really want to spend the time to get to know me and be a real friend anyway, I really do't need them in my life.

• 2 weeks later...

The difference is your profile. My avatar is a female human. I am a female human in real life, and my profile has a photo of both my real life me & my avatar. After thinking about it for a while, I decided I wanted a female wolf avatar. I shopped around for a while and bought the best one I could find. It cost quite a bit of money but was well worth it....so I thought. About 5 minutes after changing into my wolf, someone approaches me and addresses me by my human avatars name. I then realize that (assuming) everyone is like me and looks at everyones profile before initiating conversation. My point is that the second they see my profile, I am no longer that wolf, but a female human in a wolfs suit. If I would have created a alt account and profile as the wolf, then I could have truly been the wolf in Secondlife. That was the first and last time I wore my wolf avatar. I know I won't buy another one. 

I hope this makes sense enough to answer your question. Have a nice day.

I disagree with you here. I would be very upset if I spent the time getting to know a man who I am romantically involved with or planning to be, and found out he was a she. As a female I might be able to see past the gender thing if I really like the person. I'm not sure if I could get past the trust issue though. Most straight men abhor the thought of having sex with another man. They just want to know that you are really a female so they can put that worry behind them and get to know you without the thought or visual you might be some troll in a pretty girls costume. I can't blame them for that. Can you?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.