Has smoking suddenly been outlawed?

Vulpinus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

...or at least made Adult only?

I have a number of cigar products on the marketplace, or rather I had. Suddenly they have all been deactivated and hence removed from the listings. Not by me! Also, a fire effect I made for the Wolfkin avatar got added into it as well.

Given that everything else I have is still there, and it's only the above products that have gone, I'm assuming it has ben done deliberately rather than by some system error. It's not random.

They were all listed as 'General', as it came up automatically when I created the listing. I have nothing against listing them as 'Adult' provided the many others on the marketplace are similarly restricted.

So, is anyone aware of a change in policy on this issue?

You know, it looks like someone has gone through all my adverts and recategorised them, and not according to the guidelines on that link.

For instance, I have a simple battle hammer, no gory pictures or anything, just the hammer, which according to this:

General Content Is For All Residents.

• Mildly violent content, including:
    • Virtual weapons, depicted realistically or non-realistically.

comes under the General category. As do some other things that are not even weapons (like my copper saucepan set!). They have been recategorised as Adult.

This is daft!

Yeah, a question to customer support might be in order. The cigars I understand, but not the others. They're having a laugh (possibly literally, lol)

The Lab has been knocking items out of General status for unknown reasons for a long time.  And, it seems these reasons change every few months.  To make it worse, we pretty much never get told how to make a listing stay General of why our items got bumped out. (._.)

Many people are dealing with this.  Myself, included.  I offer an AO script on MP which I can't list as General.  It's 'unloaded', or to say, it has no animations in it.  It's just a box with a script created to let people choose how they stand and walk.  In spite of that, animations and anything associated with animations seem to be impossible to set to General. (=_=)

I see. I guess it's a job given to the newbie in the office to give them something to do.

When I made a HUD to rapidly change carried or worn items, I learned that even mentioning RLV in the advert got it listed as Adult. It's not even anything to do the other uses of RLV, but it  could be...

Oh well, such is (second) life.

Vulpinus wrote:

You know, it looks like someone has gone through all my adverts and recategorised them, and not according to the guidelines on that link.

For instance, I have a simple battle hammer, no gory pictures or anything, just the hammer, which according to this:

General Content Is For All Residents.
  • Mildly violent content
    , including:
    • Virtual weapons, depicted realistically or non-realistically.

comes under the General category. As do some other things that are not even weapons (like my
copper saucepan set!
). They have been recategorised as Adult.

Both the hammer and the pots are showing up for me as being under "General maturity level."

...Dres

Pamela Galli wrote:

My bars were all unlisted because they have: bottles!

Ufff... :smileyfrustrated:

Linden Lab really should stop this childish word play.

I wonder what good (imaginary) purpose it is supposed to serve?

If they don't stop, soon half the words of English language are rated as 'adult'. :matte-motes-oh-rly:

I took my 8 year old kids swimming at the local public pool. we  were playing a game, i threw a 20cent piece to the bottom of the pools and we all took turns at diving for it. on my turn i sam passed a hard submersible turd, with some gooy entrails. i shut my mouth and swam for the top, got out and too the kids to another pool. when i told the attendant that parents were letting their babies **bleep** in the pool, he got his net out (usually used for leaves) and scooped it up and threw it in the garden. in my country they are supposed to get everyone out, and empty the pool, clean it and refill it. we never went back to that pool, totally yuuk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.