Gmail marking offline IMs as spam

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Over the last week or so, Gmail's spam filters seem to have become a lot more aggressive, and I've noticed that several (though not all) offline IMs have gone to my spam folder for no apparent reason.

Setting up a filter to look for messages From (lindenlab.com) and setting it to "Never Send to Spam" seems to fix it.

If you use Gmail and haven't looked at your spam folder recently, now might be a good time to do it.

I've gotten so used to that I just normally open my spam folder first. I'd say about 75% of my messages from Second Life wind up in spam instead of the Inbox. Probably because I use an email address that's just for Dillon, I get very few actual spam emails so most times ALL of spam is stuff from SL—I don't have to filter through it much.

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

How do you tell gmail to stop putting them in the spam folder? I found a bunch of messages in there. :smileymad:

• In Gmail, do a search for lindenlab.com   This should find all communications from SL (including offline IMs).  When you're satisfied it's found the type of email you want to keep,
  • Click More>Create Filter
  • Check "Never send it to spam" and any other actions you want Gmail to perform.   You may want to check "Also apply filter to matching conversations" if you're telling to send them to a special folder.
  • Click "Create Filter" and you should be OK.

See https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?hl=en-GB&ctx=mail for further information.   Also, doing a Google search for "create google filters" brings up lots of articles and walkthroughs.

I noticed this started happening too and it really pissed me off when I was dealing with my store issues during an icestorm RL. I was wondering why the heck no one was replying, only to find that they were going to my spam. Ill try the filter thing. Its very tedious going through each person and trying to catch them to mark as "Not Spam" only to have the next person who sends an offline or next notice to go to the spam part.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.