Marketplace Search Results

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

From what I can tell the search rankings havent changed in days. Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone know whats going on and or what is being done about it?

Going to complain now a little to make myself feel better so you dont have to read on....

Alot of my listing were getting ranked very nicely for awhile and my sales were at all time highs then MP went to hell. My listings dropped in rankings and now they freeze the rankings with my items hardly seen. I spent many many hours of work, time, deals, gifts and who knows what else to get my items ranked higher only to have it screwed up by this. It would be nice if search was reset to where things were when this all happened when this gets fixed. AND stupid me thought it would be a good idea to give away the farm to get my things ranked higher only to have them stop updating the ranking. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS IN ADVANCE!!!

TrunkzTomorrow2011 wrote:

From what I can tell the search rankings havent changed in days. Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone know whats going on and or what is being done about it?

Going to complain now a little to make myself feel better so you dont have to read on....

Alot of my listing were getting ranked very nicely for awhile and my sales were at all time highs then MP went to hell. My listings dropped in rankings and now they freeze the rankings with my items hardly seen. I spent many many hours of work, time, deals, gifts and who knows what else to get my items ranked higher only to have it screwed up by this. It would be nice if search was reset to where things were when this all happened when this gets fixed. AND stupid me thought it would be a good idea to give away the farm to get my things ranked higher only to have them stop updating the ranking. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS IN ADVANCE!!!

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Marketplace-and-Direct-Delivery-Update/td-p/1462915

Broken!

I would guess that because so many merchants aren't getting any sales at all due to the mixed up listings issue through no fault of their own, perhaps the Commerce Team has frozen the search relevance changes, thinking that this is more 'fair' somehow than letting it continue to run. That or it's a "performance improvement."  :P

Sera Lok wrote:

I would guess that because so many merchants aren't getting any sales at all due to the mixed up listings issue through no fault of their own, perhaps the Commerce Team has frozen the search relevance changes, thinking that this is more 'fair' somehow than letting it continue to run. That or it's a "performance improvement." 
:P

Howdy, Miss Sera!  /me smiles and tip his hat your way

Luckily, my store is unaffected by the cross-linking reported by some (/me knocks on wood real hard) and my sales in March were the highest they've been this year so far!  I migrated on the 21st  along with so many others, so all my deliveries have been through direct.  I've also not seen any multiple deliveries or permissions changes. 

Of course now that I've said something about it, my store and its sales will go to hell in a handbasket.  There were several days on and after the 21st that I had absloutely NO sales and I was scared that something had happened.  Now, I'm getting several sales per day again (I'm just small potatoes, mind you) and so everything looks to be back to "normal." 

Search seems to be fine at least for my little corner of the marketplace.

'I would guess that because so many merchants aren't getting any sales at all due to the mixed up listings issue through no fault of their own, perhaps the Commerce Team has frozen the search relevance changes, thinking that this is more 'fair' somehow than letting it continue to run'.

That will probably be the official story. At first. Until it is noticed that 'other' changes happened during these times of opportunity in the chaos of the changeover to DD. (Suddenly the higher priced stuff always hangs out at the top of the relevant or popular search results and feebies (still mixed with all the demos), we will find, are all listed at the bottom or last pages.) hehe ;-)

Sera Lok wrote:

but darnit, my freebies are my best sellers! :matte-motes-big-grin:

Me too. And the best chuckle of it all? I get a lot of people that put 2-10 copies of the same copyable Freebie in their cart all at once ... and they're NOT gifts for others people! LOL

TrunkzTomorrow2011 wrote:

Yes, that's been my observation as well.  The Relevance search hasn't changed on my store or with the main keywords that I check for quite some time now.  My guess is that they haven't been running any updates on it.

Josh Susanto wrote:

>
You forgot its the week before easter.  As usual for the LL thats the right time to destroy the next busy weekend. 

All the better to persuade you to take your business back to in-world rentals.

Can other people seriously not see a pattern here?

Yup, I see the pattern. Wish they'd provide positive incentives, like tools to better leverage the benefits of each, instead of negative incentives such as disabling things to make it tougher to use something.

Although I must relate a story a good friend told me. He worked the midnight to 9am shift at a 24-hour convenience store located right next to a big rock 'n roll club. He had a lot of trouble with drunks and "ego-boys looking to fight" until he started playing the OLD country western (19040's and 1950's type old) over the store's PA system. The troublemakers would come in, hear that "CRAP" playing, make their purchase and leave .. quickly! So there is some validity in making things uncomfortable to inspire folks to move along .. it's just not the best approach possible in this situation.

Do you seriously think that LL's plan was to make MP so broken that people would go back to shopping in world?  Cause...um...the last time I looked or tried to search for a product to buy in world, in world search was even WORSE than MP.  LOL

I've been on SL a whole lot longer (years longer) than this av's rez date and I've watched LL roll out new features, new items, new viewers etc.  And each time, I've seen the same thing occur.  Remember when LL rolled out viewer 2 initially?  It came with the statement that viewer 1 wasn't going to be supported and that everyone had to migrate.  Viewer 2 was fraught with issues and had everyone running to reinstall 1.23 or going to THVs.  I might add that there are people who are still logging into SL on viewer 1.23.

Why is this DD rollout any different?  

There is a very long standing tradition of trying to rollout with a big bang, reacting to complaints, problems, etc. that follow a big bang rollout and then spending months fixing what was rushed out in the first place.

So I'm not surprised and I don't think there is any real master plan to get people to leave Marketplace.

Well that's my two cents (L$5)

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Josh Susanto wrote:

>
You forgot its the week before easter.  As usual for the LL thats the right time to destroy the next busy weekend. 

All the better to persuade you to take your business back to in-world rentals.

Can other people seriously not see a pattern here?

Yup, I see the pattern. Wish they'd provide positive incentives, like tools to better leverage the benefits of each, instead of negative incentives such as disabling things to make it tougher to use something.

Although I must relate a story a good friend told me. He worked the midnight to 9am shift at a 24-hour convenience store located right next to a big rock 'n roll club. He had a lot of trouble with drunks and "ego-boys looking to fight" until he started playing the OLD country western (19040's and 1950's type old) over the store's PA system. The troublemakers would come in, hear that "CRAP" playing, make their purchase and leave .. quickly! So there is some validity in making things uncomfortable to inspire folks to move along .. it's just not the best approach possible in this situation.

hehe, yep... that's why many fast food places are often slightly colder than is comfortable. Keeps people from getting too comfortable.

Ilyra Chardin wrote:

Do you seriously think that LL's plan was to make MP so broken that people would go back to shopping in world?  Cause...um...the last time I looked or tried to search for a product to buy in world, in world search was even WORSE than MP.  LOL

I've been on SL a whole lot longer (years longer) than this av's rez date and I've watched LL roll out new features, new items, new viewers etc.  And each time, I've seen the same thing occur.  Remember when LL rolled out viewer 2 initially?  It came with the statement that viewer 1 wasn't going to be supported and that everyone had to migrate.  Viewer 2 was fraught with issues and had everyone running to reinstall 1.23 or going to THVs.  I might add that there are people who are still logging into SL on viewer 1.23.

Why is this DD rollout any different?  

There is a very long standing tradition of trying to rollout with a big bang, reacting to complaints, problems, etc. that follow a big bang rollout and then spending months fixing what was rushed out in the first place.

So I'm not surprised and I don't think there is any real master plan to get people to leave Marketplace.

Well that's my two cents (L$5)

I think you pretty much nailed it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.