I am sooo confused

Dezire Moonlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm not a noob.  I've been inworld since 2005.  For the last year I haven't been in much, but my store is still up.  I checked my sales the other day because it seems they stopped on the marketplace.  I find that almost everything that has adult words incorporated example: Dungeon, Slave, Mistress have been changed to adult.  Unfortunately for me my shoes are called Orgasm shoes, they're supposed to make a girl go "hmmm..." all have been changed to adult.  This isn't so bad but it seems for the last couple of months, customers have not gotten objects.  Says "delivery failed".  Is this because of the "adult" rating? If so, I'm miffed just recently I found all my stuff had been rendered undeliverd because of other Linden changes.  Do they not want to make money off us merchants anymore? Why are they making it MORE difficult to be a vendor? Please help, I'm confused.  Since Ihaven't been in much I guess I'm lost.  After learning all this stuff in the first place I'm not wading through books worth of instructions for us vendors now... <supremely miffed>

Howdy, Miss Dezire

It's not because of the adult rating that your items are having trouble delivering.  There's several factors actually.  The most likely reason is the shopping cart.  It notoriously fails if a customer puts more than one item in the shopping cart at a time.  It fails if one of those items is from a different Merchant.  

If the sim was down where your magic box(s) are placed at the time the order tried to go through, it will fail.

Check the dates...if any were on Valentine's Day, they failed because of the Valentine's Day Massacre we endured here on that day.  (It was CRAZY and we all gained a lot of gray hair that day)

Make sure you don't have "phantom" magic boxes listed on the old XstreetSL site.  If you do, that will make deliveries fail too.  Delete any that not correct.

Finally, make sure you have the latest magic box.  If you have an older one, you need to update it.

HOPEFULLY, this will all correct itself once Direct Delivery gets rolled out.  But none of us are holding our breath on that one.

There are many reasons for "delivery failed" as you can read in this forum.The Magic Box system + the Marketplace system + the Shooping Cart + ... has been a headache in recent times.

About your items rated as Adult is the normal behavior (not necessarily correct) of the Marketplace with that kind og words (and other words, seemingly innocuous.

PS. About "shoes are called Orgasm shoes, they're supposed to make a girl go "hmmm..." I prefer not to express my opinion :)

I completely agree with decision to move your products to adult ratings with those names as they should be.  I too have been in game since 2005 however, I would never try to run a store when "For the last year I haven't been in much, but my store is still up."

To me, that represents a potential for terrible customer service and is irresponsible.  Are you one of those merchants I hear people ranting about on this forum when customers cannot get their products they paid for and cannot reach the merchant?  We defend your type here daily and the truth is, you make us all look bad.

I don't mean to be ridiculing you but I would think a few failed delivery's and justified changes to your listing to adult are the least of your problems. Paying attention is. If you are not watching the store, who is?  They want to make money as we all do but we all want to see a quality user experience for other residents.  You being miffed is probably an understatement as to what your consumers have gone through.

Sorry to come across as such a **bleep** this morning but bad customer support and not tending to your business also means not paying attention to your customers.  Not a good thing in my opinion.

Edit: I'm guessing our OP is another post and poof.

Nearly every time I order things from the browser marketplace I have a problem. I have to IM or send a notecard to the vendor & usually they resend the item I ordered. Not always tho.. So I have learned to only order freebie or very inexpensive stuff from the MP. That way I don't care so much if I don't receive it.

Buying stuff from inworld stores isn't much better, either. Just the other day I ordered an expensive item from an inworld store as a gift for my sister. I was charged but the item wasn't delivered. The vendor was gracious about it the next day & she promptly redelivered the order, but it is a hassle having to contact people over delivery failure.

Jeanne

I agree that there are many problems with the Marketplace and some of them have been detrimental to your sales and for those you have my sympathy.  However the biggest problem I see here is your being an absentee merchant.  Now you are concerned because your not making money and don't want to take the time to 'wade through books worth of instructions" and come here to complain and look for easy answers and a quick fix so you can get back to whatever has your attention now and still make money.  In the meantime your customers who purchased in good faith that had problems are left out in the cold with no help from you.  They are the ones with a right to be supremely miffed, not you.  Your example presents a very strong case  that, for the protection of consumers, a merchant should be removed from the marketplace that can't be bothered to log in within a reasonable time period, other than for cashing our their profits.

I too agree with the adult rating on your products, as the ones rated 'adult' are items geared or being marketed to the slavery roleplay and the bdsm markets.

I am sorry if the reasons you haven't been able to pay attention are RL issues beyond your control.  However IMO, you can't realistically expect everything to continue as it always has when you can not take the time to stay on top of the all the changes SL has gone through.  Be advised that there are even more coming in a very short period that will effect you too. You should take the time both now and in the future to catch up, fix any of the current problems you have and prepare to avoid more in the future, if you don't want things to deteriorate even further. 

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Your example presents a very strong case  that, for the protection of consumers, a merchant should be removed from the marketplace that can't be bothered to log in within a reasonable time period, other than for cashing our their profits.

Or at minimum that the listing should state the date/time that the merchant last logged in.

I don't care if a merchant is absent as long as I know it before purchase, I can make that decision as to whether to risk buying something which will be unsupported or not.

Personally, i'd always prefer to buy from an active merchant.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Your example presents a very strong case  that, for the protection of consumers, a merchant should be removed from the marketplace that can't be bothered to log in within a reasonable time period, other than for cashing our their profits.

Or at minimum that the listing should state the date/time that the merchant last logged in.

I don't care if a merchant is absent as long as I know it before purchase, I can make that decision as to whether to risk buying something which will be unsupported or not.

Personally, i'd always prefer to buy from an active merchant.

I imagine that the move to DD will result in a lot of debris being cleaned up on the market place.

But maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea if a rule was in place that if a Merchant doesn't log in after 'X' amount of time, say  6 months, their merchandise would be de-listed. 

I imagine that the move to DD will result in a lot of debris being cleaned up on the market place.

But maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea if a rule was in place that if a Merchant doesn't log in after 'X' amount of time, say  6 months, their merchandise would be de-listed. 

I completely agree with what you, Sassy and Amethyst are saying and never really considered what affect DD will have to encourage absentee merchants. Last log in and/or auto deletion would greatly improve this.

If no land is needed and no tier needs to be paid, what would discourage a merchant from slamming the MP with stuff and never log back in?  Also what impact can this have on the junk that ends up there since now, even though the listing are free, the land space you need for your MP is not.  DD removes ALL risk and with no skin in the game, what will happen to the credibility level of the SL merchant?

Perrie Juran wrote:

In my opinion IT IS a very good idea. There is a veteran JIRA about that (probably needs a better description and proposal): https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-2119

> The most likely reason is the shopping cart. 

The unofficial explanation which I got directly from an actual Linden is that the shopping cart works just fine, but that it is too fast to be compatible with the magic box system as it currenly exists.

AND that there's no way to disable or modify the shopping cart.

Josh Susanto wrote:

>
 The most likely reason is the shopping cart. 

The unofficial explanation which I got directly from an actual Linden is that the shopping cart works just fine, but that it is too fast to be compatible with the magic box system as it currenly exists.

AND that there's no way to disable or modify the shopping cart.

Ah!  I see.  OK...Thanks for that, Josh.

what the hell is going on with the marketplace, I have lost almost all of my sales in the last month due to failed deliveries, now and then one will go through, so the box is being seen, but I have had approx 45 failed deliveries in the last 4 weeks, resetting the box or re-syncing seems to have no effect.

Is it just me, or is this a regular thing now?? deliveries V failed = around 3% success.

By the way, I am in world every day for at least 12 hours. but have not had any customers calling, so does this mean that the deliveries are going through, but not being registered, so i do not get paid ??

I just checked with a customer who supposedly had a failed delivery, the item was delivered, and the money taken by LL, however, it did not reach me and the customer also received a message saying that the delivery had failed.

I have sent in a support ticket with the full info from the customers transaction.

If this has happened with the FIRST customer that I contacted, how many others of the supposed failed deliveries have succeeded with LL pocketing the money ??

I just mean that we need to understand that there's a difference between lack of compatibility between 2 components and some kind of inherent defect.

As far as I have been able to determine, the only inherent defect behind the apparent shopping cart problem is LL's decision making process.

If something else is also to be fixed, shouldn't it make the most sense to fix that first?

>how many others of the supposed failed deliveries have succeeded with LL pocketing the money ??

Simple answer: a lot more than people are going to report, or for which they will demand corrective action.

Didn't you read the fine print where LL says they may collect a 100% commission on any orders they botch?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.