Traffic boosters?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Hello Athena. We don't know really for what place you speak. Is it a club? A store? A beach? However, some general suggestions below:

1. You can enable the option "Show place in Search" in the "About Land" window for 30L$ / week.
  2. You can use a paid classified
  3. You can rent an adboard at regions with high traffic
  4. You can post a link for your place here in SL Forums under Favorite Destinations Category
  5. You can advertise it adding a link also into your signature
  6. You can add lucky chairs or Midnight Mania's
  7. You can organize contests

• Like 1

Other methods would be:

to join in hunts

to hire models or workers and pay them in product

to camp out at your shop or up in the air above your shop

if you have a powerful computer you can make some alts and have them stick around your shop or sim to count as traffic.

Note that positions in search and how they are determined changes all the time. Currently I think that your traffic number ONLY helps you in the Places category, not the general "everything" search. As I no longer have shops, I don't pay that much attention though :D

Word of mouth is always the best way to build up a good customer base, which in turn brings good and true traffic numbers. Have something to offer that will bring people back to your venue.

If you use alts to boost your traffic figures, you do run the risk of being abuse reported for fraudulently boosting your traffic.  

Patience helps.  So do deep pockets. Even with placement in Search, participation in hunts and neighborhood events, and all the gimicks you can think of, the best way to build new business in SL (and RL) is by word of mouth.  That's slow.  It takes a while for enough people to see how good your stuff is and tell their friends, and for you to learn what sells and what needs to be tossed, improved, or repriced. I've seen too many stores in SL  fail because they relied too heavily on traffic gimmicks instead of patiently focusing on quality.

The first year I had a shop, my sales were dismal.  I didn't have enough L$ to sink into a large, splashy storefront either, so I had a succession of shops in places where I could afford the rent.  Somewhere in Year Two, things started picking up. My own work got better, a few specific items caught people's attention, and I took a deep breath and paid a higher rent on a better sim. XStreetSL (now Marketplace) helped visibility and sales too. I'll never be a mega-tycoon, but I don't worry about paying the rent any more either.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.