Art of the Derail

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all!

I need your help.

I have been away from the forums for some time and I am finding that my derail skills may have atrophied somewhat.

I am looking for a few suggestions (note that I made no restriction on the quality of the suggestions--all are welcome) for derail strategies.

I'll tell you up front, that I have always been partial to playful, humorous, and "lunatic" derail practices.  You might suggest some themes (e.g., attempt to derail overly political threads with questions about rodents) or some tactics (e.g., start a derail with off topic questions, then progress to answering questions from other threads or posting syntactically related yet irrelevant videos).

Note please that I will take points off for suggestions that merely duplicate Janelle's epic-illustrated-drama-erotic-thriller-story-telling style.  Plus, that style is already under copyright by Janelle and possibly even patented. Unless, you're janelle, of course, who can suggest her own style--that would be only fair....

Thanks to one and all!!

Eagerly awaiting your inputs.

Ags Falconer

Forum Secretary

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer the grammar/spelling nazi derail.  It always leads into lively discussion on the importance of proper communication or the lack thereof.  I was going to start by nitpicking your post, but you seemed to have crafted it very carefully and thwarted my derail plans. The only faux pas, beyond a questionable comma or 2, is that you forgot to capitalize Janelle's name in one instance. 

i find the best derail is when they never even know it's happening..

have to be cute and cuddly and funny and also use lots of you tube videos because those can mean many things..but those you are aiming at will understand what you are meaning lol

you must derail like the ninja and be noticed but at the same time never noticed.. and alway make it look like you came back and edited your post..that always makes them wonder what you did to it...

see right now you don't even see where i fit in the derail in this thread do you?

Ninja derail.. it's sneaky

*Looks you in the eye all serious then throws down a smoke bomb *PooF* she vanishes like the wind without a trace..only leaving her derail in her wake*

Kenbro Utu wrote:

I prefer the grammar/spelling nazi derail.  It always leads into lively discussion on the importance of proper communication or the lack thereof.  I was going to start by nitpicking your post, but you seemed to have crafted it very carefully and thwarted my derail plans. The only faux pas, beyond a questionable comma or 2, is that you forgot to capitalize Janelle's name in one instance. 

Excellent!

+2 for noticing the miscapitalization of Janelle's name. Janelle is, after all, a goddess with all the rights and privileges therein.

+5 for the complement on my post crafting.  I am totally susceptible to flattery and acts of sycophancy.

Kenbro Utu wrote:

I prefer the grammar/spelling nazi derail.  

Priding yourself to be master of the English language at anyone's expense is as stupid as a wartime nazi proudly exclaiming 'Heil Hitler' .

( Sorry .. could not pass on this golden Godwin .. well, i could , but I didn't , so I did ... )

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Kenbro Utu wrote:

Priding yourself to be master of the English language at anyone's expense is as stupid as a wartime nazi proudly exclaiming 'Heil Hitler' .

( Sorry .. could not pass on this golden Godwin .. well, i could , but I didn't , so I did ... )

RIC'd for INTOLERANT CONTENT!

Perrie Juran wrote:

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Kenbro Utu wrote:

RIC'd for INTOLERANT CONTENT!

Very nice.  :-)

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Section 99.c-8 of the
specifically prohibits this.

thats only for the ones that get caught
:P

hehehehe

Look it.  If you are going to come in here quoting the TOS at least make sure you are quoting the right part!  And learn to read what is written.  It DOES NOT say what you said it says.  Taking words out of context suxxors!

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Section 99.c-8 of the

hehehehe

Look it.  If you are going to come in here quoting the TOS at least make sure you are quoting the right part!  And learn to read what is written.  It DOES NOT say what you said it says.  Taking words out of context suxxors!

omg her derail skills are good..i never saw it coming  \o/

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Section 99.c-8 of the

hehehehe

Nice try, Pierre but twisting my words like so much licorice is not going to prove your point any beterer, please familiarize yourself with the correct section of the TOS here.

I think we should get together at The Forum Cartel Hangout in world and discuss this.  In fact, a lot of people are wondering why people don't hang out at the Hangout any more.  I think it's because Amaranthim and Feline and Elora don't have time to organize events there like they used to.

What do you all think?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.