Art of the Derail

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lindal Kidd wrote:

I think we should get together at The Forum Cartel Hangout in world and discuss this.  In fact, a lot of people are wondering why people don't hang out at the Hangout any more.  I think it's because Amaranthim and Feline and Elora don't have time to organize events there like they used to.

What do you all think?

Lindal, excellent suggestion as this art can be the most delicate and complex of subjects.  Definitely worth a longer discussion.  :-)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

You could always carry your own personal drama over from elsewhere, referring to those that you're tilting at by name or not, no matter whether they've made an appearance in the thread or not. Or just call them "griefer" or "troll" or hint that they are alts.

Ah, yes!!  The dreaded multi-thread derail.

I hear that a truly successful multi-thread derail has only rarely been accomplished. ;-)

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Section 99.c-8 of the
specifically prohibits this.

thats only for the ones that get caught
:P

hehehehe

Look it.  If you are going to come in here quoting the TOS at least make sure you are quoting the right part!  And learn to read what is written.  It DOES NOT say what you said it says.  Taking words out of context suxxors!

Nice try, Pierre but twisting my words like so much licorice is not going to prove your point any beterer, please familiarize yourself with the correct section of the TOS

So now you take to insulting both me and our French brother's and sisters!

My name is PERRIE not Pierre!

I may make love like a French man but I am not French.

Just typical Fail when someone has lost an argument to throw personal insults.  Just wait until I let all the French ESLers  about your attitude.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Section 99.c-8 of the

hehehehe

Look it.  If you are going to come in here quoting the TOS at least make sure you are quoting the right part!  And learn to read what is written.  It DOES NOT say what you said it says.  Taking words out of context suxxors!

Nice try, Pierre but twisting my words like so much licorice is not going to prove your point any beterer, please familiarize yourself with the correct section of the TOS

Just typical Fail when someone has lost an argument to throw personal insults.  Just wait until I let all the French ESLers  about your attitude.

You are the one that started the attacks when you chose to spell your name incorrectly to begin with therefore knowing that my very own spell check would work against me to further propagate your agenda! Use the standard spelling of names like the rest of us! 

Signed,

Charolotte Caxton

besides, there's no such thing as an extra second lifer!

Well, that's easy... you just have to write out all of your thoughts on the topic at hand, then go back and see if you can rewrite anything in order to explain your point of view with even more words, adding adjectives as you go.  It doesn't even really have to make sense... remember, precision is not the same as detail.

Oh wait... you wrote derail... never mind.

...Dres

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Section 99.c-8 of the

hehehehe

You are the one that started the attacks when you chose to spell your name incorrectly to begin with therefore knowing that my very own spell check would work against me to further propagate your agenda! Use the standard spelling of names like the rest of us! 

Signed,

Charolotte Caxton

So now you want to bring my PARENTS into this!  Just how low will you go?  How dare you accuse them of poor spelling skills when they named me?  The nerve!

My parents were not some ignorant illiterate low lifes.  I'll have you know that my Father spoke, read and wrote seven languages fluently and taught at the University.  My Mother spoke, read & wrote three languages.

It was not their fault the Doctor dropped me on my head when I was born.

Looking at  how low you would stoop here I would say that your parents should have never been allowed to breed if you are the kind of crotch fruit they produced.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Section 99.c-8 of the

hehehehe

Signed,

Charolotte Caxton

So now you want to bring my PARENTS into this!  Just how low will you go?  How dare you accuse them of poor spelling skills when they named me?  The nerve!

My parents were not some ignorant illiterate low lifes.  I'll have you know that my Father spoke, read and wrote seven languages fluently and taught at the University.  My Mother spoke, read & wrote three languages.

Looking at  how low you would stoop here I would say that your parents should have never been allowed to breed if you are the kind of crotch fruit they produced.

You obviously have no grasp as to what is going on here or anywhere else or else you would have known that breeding does not produce fruit and avatars are not born of a womb, as demonstrated by this excellent video tutorial: 

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Section 99.c-8 of the

hehehehe

Signed,

Charolotte Caxton

You obviously have no grasp as to what is going on here or anywhere else or else you would have known that breeding does not produce fruit and avatars are not born of a womb, as demonstrated by this excellent video tutorial: 

ok i think it's time for some street magic for you two..

*turns and stares at the forum lurkers* o.O

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Kenbro Utu wrote:

I prefer the grammar/spelling nazi derail.  

Priding yourself to be master of the English language at anyone's expense is as stupid as a wartime nazi proudly exclaiming 'Heil Hitler' .

( Sorry .. could not pass on this golden Godwin .. well, i could , but I didn't , so I did ... )

Aha, someone did pick up on the 1st-reply Godwin after all!  :^)  

Perrie Juran wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Section 99.c-8 of the

hehehehe

Signed,

Charolotte Caxton

I would guess that none of the three languages your mom spoke were any of the seven that your dad spoke.  That would explain a lot about you. :smileyvery-happy:

actually, derailing is against the Community Participation Guidelines

---------------------------------------

Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.

---------------------------------------

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.