Whats Your Favorite Viewer??

kinda Fallen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

I tried V2 when it first came out, and hated it, partly because it was unfamiliar but mostly because it had a load of things wrong with it.

It's improved ever since, and the new 3.2, with the FUI (no sidebar to slide out, position the buttons where you want), is a completely different beast from the V2.1 or so that people tried, hated and gave up on.

no sidebar wow when i get some time i'll give V3 a try in every version of V2 i tried the sidebar was the single worst thing about the whole viewer i just couldn't get used to it no matter how much time i spent on V2

Rene Erlanger wrote:

What is the best Viewer for a low-to medium end PC ? One that does not kill my CPU with overusage and can render my Avatar in-world?.

I really hated all the LL V2's viewers (because of sidebars).....but i'm prepared to try Viewer 3. I'm really looking for a Viewer that provides reasonable-good FPS and not a drain on CPU (I have 4 Gb)

How's this for decent FPS in viewer3:

https://my.secondlife.com/pussycat.catnap/snapshots/4efbdff09756d35dd9000001

Click the image to zoom it up.

That's the lower end of what I tend to get now.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Rene Erlanger wrote:

What is the best Viewer for a low-to medium end PC ? One that does not kill my CPU with overusage and can render my Avatar in-world?.

I really hated all the LL V2's viewers (because of sidebars).....but i'm prepared to try Viewer 3. I'm really looking for a Viewer that provides reasonable-good FPS and not a drain on CPU (I have 4 Gb)

How's this for decent FPS in viewer3:

Click the image to zoom it up.

That's the lower end of what I tend to get now.

Compare that with what I get, 5 to 10FPS max, screen shots included.

Anymore, the way things are going at the present, you just have to find what works best for you. 

I have always been and still am of the school, "Your World, Your Choice Of Viewers."

Personally I prefer the Firestorm interface, but if I want to see mesh and not feel like I've taken a direct hit from a lag bomb, I have to use Phoenix 6.  And even then it's pretty damn slow.

Currently Firestorm. I was a dedicated Emerald user, strugged with V2 when it frst came out, then Phoenix, and finally switched to Firestorm about 3 months ago, though there was a short while I was temporarily running SL on a crappy laptop and the only thing I could use was a 1.19-based version of Cool Viewer.

Now I've got used to the new interface, and Firestorm has cured pretty much everything i hated about V2, I find it hard to switch back.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

It's improved ever since, and the new 3.2, with the FUI (no sidebar to slide out, position the buttons where you want), is a completely different beast from the V2.1 or so that people tried, hated and gave up on.

I actually miss the sidebar. A lot of what SL shoehorned into the sidebar worked terribly, but a few things actually worked out well as docked sidebar items and I wish LL had given us the ability to create an optional and customizable sidebar made up of items we chose to dock to it.

• 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.