Linden Realms: Quest not working for several of us

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The same happened last weekend too. Sundays are rough in SL, most people online and fewest people in the office.

Anyone can file support tickets for Linden Realms, even Basic accounts.

Go to https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/  Click Login at the top of the page if you only see "Guest" options.

What type of problem are you having? Select Other Second Life Properties.

Then, Linden Realms on the next menu.

What type of issue are you having? Select Performance/Functionality Issue.

And then you can tell them where you are stuck in the game.

Thanks for the info. I sent a support ticket a bit after 1st making this thread. Hopefully they get it fixed soon. Its such a fun new idea for SL. It will hook a lot of new people to SL and bring some old ones back. I haven't played in ages. Popped in yesterday to catch up with some old friends and got hooked myself. Now however :( :( :(  its stuck for me and many others and we can't move on to the next quest. So I guess its back to RL for me today and hopefully I can find some time this week to get back and hopefully its fixed so I can play some more.

One thing you can try is to leave Linden Realms, go to a different "Portal Park", or at least use a different portal in the one you know how to find, and re-enter Linden Realms. You may get teleported to a different instance of LR where that function still works.

The stations in LR have been buggy, and have required frequent intervention by the Lindens to reset of fic various quest stations. Fortunately, they have multiple sets of sims set up as the LR game arean, and so if you leave and come back you may end up in one that works right.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also stuck in the same place in the quest chain, on two different accounts. Have tried going to pretty much all of the different instances and I can't get the quest to complete on any of them.

Oh well, guess I'll just run around harvesting green & blue crystals :V

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This still has not been fixed? I started a thread about the exact same thing several weeks ago.

With persistance, you will eventually get it to work.  By using the quest tracker function in the game you can actually tell if it won't work because it will show the destination off the map. When you zoom the map back you see  that your version of the quest supposedly ends on a different istance of the same island.

That was only half the battle however. Even once you manage to match it up to the right island it still usually malfunctions. It seems to me like the script was busy with someone who had just turned a quest in there. The problem with that is with it messing up, there is always someone there attempting to turn that quest in.

I can say for sure the only times it succeeded for me (did it on 2 avis) I was the only one in the area of Tyrah's. Both times were in the middle of the night when no one was really around. Hope that helps

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

It seems this has been a problem for YEARS.  I have collected 200 crystals,  they will not process.  I have logged out, back in, went to the cornfield and back to the realm, removed all attatchements, removed ao.  still crystals won't process into a flair.  I don't see any other avis with flairs. Linden relms is supposed to be a premium perk, yet those of us who pay for a premium account are not getting what was promised.  Either fix Linden Realms,  or stop offering it as a premium perk.  

52 minutes ago, Elphaba Broome said:

It seems this has been a problem for YEARS.  I have collected 200 crystals,  they will not process.  I have logged out, back in, went to the cornfield and back to the realm, removed all attatchements, removed ao.  still crystals won't process into a flair.  I don't see any other avis with flairs. Linden relms is supposed to be a premium perk, yet those of us who pay for a premium account are not getting what was promised.  Either fix Linden Realms,  or stop offering it as a premium perk.  

This sounds like a great time to submit a support case.

The realms haven't been a premium perk for years anyone can create an account go in grief to their hearts content and seemingly not get punished, there's no need to try and complete the quests before my most unfortunate ban you could just go in collect crystals and cash out regardless of whether you'd done any quests

My mistake in not knowing it was no longer a premium perk.   That does not change the fact that the game is not working as it is supposed to.  Linden Realms is still being promoted as a gaming experience, yet it does not work and has not been working for years as evidenced by this thread which was started in 2011.  It is now 2018.  That is not acceptable.  If it is not working as described, it should not longer be offered to SL residents, premium or not. I have not  doubt that a support ticket, if not several, have been submitted since 2011.  Obviously they have not been addressed. 

10 minutes ago, Elphaba Broome said:

My mistake in not knowing it was no longer a premium perk. 

AFAIK, It never was. 

Just because some people have had problems from time to time does not imply that all (or most) people have, or that other people's support cases have been unanswered. If you have a specific problem, submit your own support case.

Edited by Rolig Loon

3 minutes ago, Elphaba Broome said:

That does not change the fact that the game is not working as it is supposed to.  Linden Realms is still being promoted as a gaming experience, yet it does not work and has not been working for years as evidenced by this thread which was started in 2011.  It is now 2018.  That is not acceptable. 

In fairness there has been the occasional bug and glitch in the realms since 2011 and sometimes after weekly restarts there'd be a sim or two where crystals wouldn't spawn when i was still allowed in last year from time to time you'd see Linden's and bug tester Linden's i assume checking out and fixing things but the vast majority of the time it worked as it's supposed to it was rare that anyone would pop-up in the unofficial group(s) saying something was borked

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

AFAIK, It never was. 

To begin with it was premium only just as mesh was coming in and portals were located in selected premium sandboxes would've been 2012 when it was opened up to everyone

3 hours ago, Elphaba Broome said:

If it is not working as described, it should not longer be offered to SL residents, premium or not.

I tried some crystal collecting right now and didn't notice any problems at all. (Except that it took me 15 minutes to collect 150 crystals so I could cash it all out but that's my fault - I'm out of practice ;))

I did not try the initial stages of the game but you are talkign about cashing in the crystals and that seems to work perfectly fine.

I'm not sure I understand you right though, what's this "flair" you were talking about and why did you go to the Cornfield? That's a completely different game. Can you describe a little bit more in detail what you are trying to do?

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

what's this "flair" you were talking about and why did you go to the Cornfield?

Why the OP might go to the Cornfield is a good question (except that the Cornfield is another cool game), but the "flair" part is easy.  "flair" == "flare".  9_9

11c3be4f4a1edd91297666dc969242df.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.