Negative Notifications In Feeds ????????

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am only guessing.  Perhaps someone posted a comment and then deleted it.  It would not be dissimilar to threads here where posters have deleted their own posts.  When that happens, the post count in the thread does not reflect the number of posts you see.

ETA:  The other reason is you are special.

TY Pep for posting this.

Some people were getting the idea that this was my Alt and that I was being chastised by the "Post carefully, post positively"  comment.

I believe even when I am voicing my opinion regarding a problem I still maintain as positive an attitude as possible, A SOLUTION MINDED ATTITUDE.

Wait. Did I just miss something? Didn't Rodvik post here in response to Perrie?

Wasn't there a post from Rik somebody?

Wasn't this where I posted? 

I'm confused. I don't understand this forum and where posts are going. Maybe they got moved? This place is hard to navigate and keep track. :matte-motes-bored:

Ellyn Elan wrote:

I'm confused. I don't understand this forum and where posts are going. Maybe they got moved? This place is hard to navigate and keep track. :matte-motes-bored:

Yep, quite a few posts got deleted, mine among them...not sure why :(

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Ellyn Elan wrote:

Yep, quite a few posts got deleted, mine among them...not sure why
:(

Thanks Kylie, I'm happy to know I wasn't hallucinating. The fact that Rodvik's post is gone is what threw me off. That is just strange beyond strange.

Ellyn Elan wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Ellyn Elan wrote:

Thanks Kylie, I'm happy to know I wasn't hallucinating. The fact that Rodvik's post is gone is what threw me off. That is just strange beyond strange.

lol, I thought I was going nuts too.  The only thing I can think of is either Rod didn't want to leave his comment after reading what Pep(Rik) wrote or Pep RIC'd it because he didn't like what Ari wrote.

Ellyn Elan wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Ellyn Elan wrote:

The CEO is not beyond the reproach of the forum moderators.  His outrageous attempts to show a bit of wit, wisdom and parody were a thinly veiled assault upon the corporate ethos of LL and the Newspeak of the fora.  Luckily his treasonous post did not get pass the sentinel eyes of the moderators who now await him in room 101.

Therefore, pro-temp, ex-resident Rodvik Linden has been duly censored and all posting privileges have been withdrawn for a period of no less than two weeks whilst he undergoes re-education upon the naughty step.  Let this be a warning to all, that the advance of moderation needs no allies and will defy all enemies.

Onward non-specific gender posters with equitable, but aligned views, to a greater Moderacy for all!

P.S. Do I have to say this is parody?

Ellyn Elan wrote:

Right there with you Ellyn.  On the confusion. 

I saw Rodvik's reply comment...and it was very humorous!   *laughing* 

This is an example as to why it's hard to follow that goes on around here.   I look at the forums early in the day.  Then glance back several hours later and....it's....like time traveling backward.   *poof*  Gone.  

Better to stay inworld...I think. 

Sy Beck wrote:

The CEO is not beyond the reproach of the forum moderators.  His outrageous attempts to show a bit of wit, wisdom and parody were a thinly veiled assault upon the corporate ethos of LL and the Newspeak of the fora.  Luckily his treasonous post did not get pass the sentinel eyes of the moderators who now await him in room 101.

Therefore, pro-temp, ex-resident Rodvik Linden has been duly censored and all posting privileges have been withdrawn for a period of no less than two weeks whilst he undergoes re-education upon the naughty step.  Let this be a warning to all, that the advance of moderation needs no allies and will defy all enemies.

Onward non-specific gender posters with equitable, but aligned views, to a greater Moderacy for all!

P.S. Do I have to say this is parody?

Bring back Rodvik.  We can not afford to lose another voice, even if he only had two posts to this forum he has earned the right to post.   

Innula Zenovka wrote:

If, as I understand it, Pep is permabanned from these forums (if he's not, then I've got it wrong again, as usual), then saying in his blog that Rik was his forum alt was perhaps not wholly conducive to Rik's longevity here.

You are misunderstanding.  Rik posted in this thead, and in reply to Rodvik, that he was Pep.  That's all.  Rik also wrote that he expected to be whacked.  He was right.  So where the moderators, and for very different reasons.    

Innula Zenovka wrote:

If, as I understand it, Pep is permabanned from these forums (if he's not, then I've got it wrong again, as usual), then saying in his blog that Rik was his forum alt was perhaps not wholly conducive to Rik's longevity here.

Yep...what Storm said :matte-motes-silly:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

You are misunderstanding.  Rik posted in this thead, and in reply to Rodvik, that he was Pep.  That's all.  Rik also wrote that he expected to be whacked.  He was right.  So where the moderators, and for very different reasons.    

Martyrdom is a mother***bleep***, ain't it.  :matte-motes-bored:

I have always respected people that sacrifice their avatar names 'in' the name of 'free speech'.   

Storm Clarence wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Martyrdom is a mother***bleep***, ain't it.  :matte-motes-bored:

I have always respected people that sacrifice their avatar names 'in' the name of 'free speech'.   

Rik [sic] being...whatever...isn't surprising to anyone I would guess. For some reason frank speech is an anathema here. Witty, pointed, intelligent speech a rarity but not for lack of trying.

I, and at least one other, made the mistake of either quoting a mild troll post or else my very witty quotation of a dead Greek back to someone using that very moniker was forbidden. 

What I don't understand is why Rodvik is gone. Either he removed the post himself or was selectively removed by someone else. Either alternative is more than strange.

For opacity of actions, for whims masked as decisions, I won't quote a dead Greek but instead a dead Brit, "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

smiley-violent025.gif<---- this post's future predict-emoticon   :matte-motes-bored:

It is an interesting turn of events.  I once had a post removed that in the very next post Torley had specifically complimented me for my post. When I pointed this out, my post was very quickly restored!

I will both recap a couple of things and add a few thoughts.

Rod did say he was reporting the glitch to the appropriate people.

But then he added a comment, "Post carefully, Post Positively."

I was grateful that Pep came out of the closet here because the way Rod's post read it made it look like Rik was my Alt and that I was being warned or censored, i.e., "post carefully,"  and I posted a thank you to Pep for clearing this up.  

I have other theories regarding all this but will keep them to myself. 

@ Perrie: Yes, Rik's [sic] post did clarify some things in Rodvik's remark.

The strange removal of comments also keeps clarifying many things, at least for me, such as the validity of posting.

I also find it really interesting that when I make posts that I'm sure will get yanked they remain up whereas innocuous, witty tossed off remarks get lost "somehow." My theory has to do with polysyllabic passages in print that confound along with a liberal use of cute little smilies. Quoting dead Europeans seems to be neither a positive nor a negative. 

There is a lovely synonym for the word "temperance" (not the alcohol abstinence part). I think those that operate in the dark, in more ways than one, seeking to censor and condemn the very people who support and sustain them, would do well to remind themselves of the "temperate" and "equanimity" segment of their chosen profession. A place with no rules is chaos; a place with over-zealous becomes stagnant.  Citing a dead Asian instead of European, there is a concept known as the Middle Way which is a path of moderation between extremes.

I'm glad Rodvik noticed your post and will look into fixing the glitch. I found his post to be refreshing, well, what I remember of it. Caitlin had an interesting insight as to the cause of the glitch. See what I did there? Back on topic. Now, for the cute little animated gif smiley-computer005.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.