Items not rezzing and disappearing from inventory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, can anyone help me please?   I'm having problems rezzing objects from my inventory.  I drag them out but they fail to rez, yet at the same time they're gone from my inventory.   On one occasion, i relogged and the missing item reappeared but others have not.  What is happening to my stuff?  :matte-motes-angry:

If there's a problem with rezzing, etc, shouldn't it be recorded on the SL Status website for all to see?  And yet there's nothing there.  Is it just me?  What can i do?  I'm scared to rez anything now in case it disappears into the same limbo, never to be seen again.    :matte-motes-crying: 

ETA:  ok, this is strange. The problem seems to relate specifically to several items that i bought from Catnip on Marketplace.  Upon trying to rez, these items have vanished into thin air.  How can this be?  Please help!

It happens to everyone now and again. Usually if you contact the creator and explain the issue, they will send you another copy of the item. (Unless it was trans - then they may not on the basis that you may have given the item away and just be trying to get something for free.) You may want to give rezzing a break for a bit, though; wait a few hours, log off if you want, then go to a different area and try again. Sometimes the grid just eats things; I guess LL forgot to feed it this morning.

Thank you.  I just edited my post a little bit, as it seems to be items from just one seller that's affected.  I'll wait a bit just in case the items reappear and then contact them. 

Honestly, this is soooo frustrating.   Lately it seems i spend all my time trying to resolve silly stuff like this.  Why can't things  just work (rhetorical question, don't answer that)?

squashy Beeswing wrote:

Hi, Kylie.   It's very odd.  No error message at all.

I have had it happen rarely, but I have always gotten an error when it failed to rez, then looked in my inventory and realized it didn't come back.  The fact that you're not getting one is strange...are you sure with the lag being so bad at times, you waited long enough for it to rez?  Have you gone back to see if it might be there?

ETA:  Or looked above you/around where you rezzed?  Lately, my stuff has been rezzing on the side of me or behind me...really strange.

I have had this just yesterday when I rezzed something from my lost and found folder to have a look what it is.

It appeared very quickly as a bunch of big spheres and then disappeared never to be seen again ...

I didn't check the inventory yet to see if it came back, I'll do that later tonight.

Usually I expect that en error message shows up telling me that SL failed to rezz, but there wasn't any error message, it seems to be true that SL is sometimes hungry and eats things it shouldn't.

Since I couldn't remember what it was I thaught it could not have been something important, but the thaught that it could happen to an item I like is kind of scary.

I had this happen recently with two items I tried to rez, both of them prim cubes that I had created and had stored things in. I got a message "object failed to rez", but they didn't reappear in my inventory. I cleared cache and relogged, and one of them items showed up in inventory, but the other did not.

I filed a support ticket and after going through all the suggestions from the Wiki, failed to recover the lost item. The support response to that was to close my ticket. To date, the item has not reappeared and I've run out of things to try. :smileymad:

When weird new things start happening on Tuesdays or Wednesdays I always blame Oskar

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-week-of-2011-11-28/m-p/1257625

But in the case of things disappearing when rezzed. If I were you I'd take a note of the type of sim I'm on (LeTigre, BlueSteel, etc), and then find myself another sim on a different sort of server, and attempt to rezz there. (Try the premium sandboxes, or Hissel, Robinson, Itress - all Linden oceans with a short auto-return, ideal for testing.)  If the item appears on a different type of sim, then it shows it must be a problem with something new rolled out and there should be a new JIRA started on it (but undoubtedly you won't be the only one with the same problem). 

I have had stuff that has seemed to disappear, and even with objects highlighted they haven't been visible, but have shown up when I've used an object scanning device.  The only thing that fixed it was a sim restart.  It was like only part of the info for that object rezzed.

Weird weird SL never gets any less weird :matte-motes-sick:

I too have had some weird inventory problems lately.  I had one object that didn't rez until the next day!  And I know it wasn't just my not seeing it because all of the sudden the friend I was with said, "why'd you rez that?'

Some strange inventory happenings going on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.