Double order? Can I tell if one was a gift, or a mistake?

Pussycat Catnap

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Two customers last night bought products from me double. And paid twice.

One bought a sculpty map set twice, the other bought the same pair of shorts twice.

- Is there anything in the transaction records that will show if both copies were delivered to the same person? These are copiable items - so I'm trying to figure out if I should be refunding people for half their orders...

I've had people do double orders too. I just assume they may have hit the "back" button or purchased 2x because the first may have taken a little longer to arrive. 

If you go to the top right and click on "My Marketplace" > then Merchant Home > then Reports > Orders, you can see who bought it and who it was delivered to.

I don't know if there's any way to tell, but as for refunding...I would wait until they asked. As a customer, if I make an accidental double purchase, I send a notecard or IM asking for a refund, explaining that the double order was a mistake. It takes a minute or less to write and send that notecard, so it's not an inconvenience really. And even if it were, it was my mistake, after all.

Your transaction record should show who it was delivered to. You said it was copyable, so I assume it was also no-transfer?

What I used to do when I had an in-world clothing store and saw a no-trans, copyable item had been purchased twice by the same avatar, was to send the customer an IM - or if they are not in-world, a nice notecard - indicating that it appears they made a double purchase, and offering a refund. The result was usually a very pleased custiomer, who often immediately spent that refund on something else they wanted from my store, or would ask for the second one to be made available as a gift for someone else.

Transferrable items, on the other hand, I would assume they were buying to give as gifts. I often buy transferrable clothing to send to my alts, when I see a nice no-copy, yes trans item on sale.

I think something is wrong with the marketplace at the moment. I just bought something on the marketplace, and only clicked once, but after I bought it, it took double my money and says I ordered a quantity of two. Also it says that it was delivered, but yet I have nothing. About to send a notecard to the merchant to see if I can get this issue solved with him, but I do believe there is something wrong with the marketplace.

In past when MP has had errors like this, a customer who was so hit never bothered to contact me, and instead simply left a negative review on the product...

- As if I was even ever notified of review... I didn't see it for 2 months, and when I did, managed to get it removed by the lindens since it was not even a product review, just a 1 followed by a nasty comment about the delivery.

Merchant Home page on SLM > Reports > Orders ... The third column contains two data values; the first is the buyer's avatar name and the second is the recipient's. If they are the same then the buyer purchased for self, otherwise they purchased as a gift.

When you have two of the same copiable item in your Basket and head toward checkout, SLM will warn you that you have two copies and suggest you edit the quantities. Since that warning was put in place, the number of double-purchases of the same copiable item has gone down ... a very tiny bit. Apparently (OMGosh!) ... people don't read.

home%20alone.jpg

• 2 years later...

chandri Ferina wrote:

I accidentally clicked and bought the same item twice by mistake on marketplace. Is there any way I can return the item

and get the money back?

There is no way to "return" the item.

The best thing is to contact the creator.  Check their profile for their preferred method of contact.

Be sure to include the information for the purchases from your transaction history.

https://accounts.secondlife.com/transaction_history/?lang=en-US#/?page_size=25&start_date=2014-07-12&end_date=2014-07-12

Many Merchants will refund accidental double purchases.

But note, they are not obligated too.

Also sometimes you need to allow a few days for a Merchant to respond.  They don't all sit at their computers 24/7/365.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.