What is so Uncommon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There's nothing uncommon about the truth.  Most people (maybe even all people) prefer the truth......even people who are prone to not be truthful occassionally fall victim to the truth.  What is uncommon is believing the truth.  People seem to suspect the truth when they hear it.

/me thinks someone is smitten.  :)

My real reply to this would be, I hope, nothing. I tend to take people at their word. I think people are inherently good and for the most part honest. I dont beleive the truth is uncommon. I do think tact and empathy can be a little more rare, so I always try to spice up my truth with healthy dashes of both.

I find it interesting that the oath reads, "To tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth."

I feel that every candidate for office should be required to take this 'under penalty of perjury for violating' before being allowed to even campaign for office, much less hold one.

I do also wonder how many folks understand the reason there are three terms in the oath.

Common truth: When you grow up you tend to get told the world is the way it is and you’re life is just to live your life inside the world. Try not to bash into the walls to much. Try to have a nice family life, have fun, save a little money. 

Uncommon truth: [E]verything around you that you call life, was made up by people that were no smarter than you. And you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use. Once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again.”

-Steve Jobs in an

with PBS.

Perrie Juran wrote:

RudolphUkka wrote:

The

Uncommon Truth is about as

common around here as

Common Sense.

Rudi

Could it be "good sense" that you are looking for?  One of these two seems at times to be more pervasive here.

I am not so

stupid as to be

looking for either

version around here.

Rudi

Randall Ahren wrote:

Common truth:
 When you grow up you tend to get told the world is the way it is and you’re life is just to live your life inside the world. Try not to bash into the walls to much. Try to have a nice family life, have fun, save a little money. 

Uncommon truth:
[E]verything around you that you call life, was made up by people that were no smarter than you. And you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use. Once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again.”

-Steve Jobs in an
with PBS.

Stealing this to add to my favorite quotes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.