You're so beautiful, beautiful ******* up man.

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

did you stop to think that perhaps he is an unfortunate man, and this is close to how he looks in RL? disproportionate, suncken chest, long gangerly legs, tiny hands ( perhaps even no fingers)....................i suppose when you see someone in a wheel chair in RL you break out in hesterical laughter too..............or just that he is a case of no good at building avatars, and is too poor to buy a shape...........whichever the case, SL is for ppl to be who they want to be, and we try to come here to excape bigotry such as yours....llok out!!!!!! there a black man coming!!!!!!!!!!!!.................nice one

What's with this current trend to max the sliders? When I came in, the default for women was 70 (5'8" I think). I don't know what it was for men, but I presume 75 or something. I'm still 70 and I feel like I'm in an episode of Land of the Giants (a very old TV show). Why would a woman want to be 9'6" or a guy want to be 11'4"?

Deltango Vale wrote:

What's with this current trend to max the sliders? When I came in, the default for women was 70 (5'8" I think). I don't know what it was for men, but I presume 75 or something. I'm still 70 and I feel like I'm in an episode of Land of the Giants (a very old TV show). Why would a woman want to be 9'6" or a guy want to be 11'4"?

They do not know any better?  This is the form they choose?  Take your pick. 

If this example in the OP does not know how to use sliders or proprotion himself properly and would like to know how, he could use a hand.

If this is the form he chooses, let him be.  He may start tweaking his form eventually because people will give him advice, even unsolicited.

wiked Anton wrote:

did you stop to think that perhaps he is an unfortunate man, and this is close to how he looks in RL? disproportionate, suncken chest, long gangerly legs, tiny hands ( perhaps even no fingers)....................i suppose when you see someone in a wheel chair in RL you break out in hesterical laughter too..............or just that he is a case of no good at building avatars, and is too poor to buy a shape...........whichever the case, SL is for ppl to be who they want to be, and we try to come here to excape bigotry such as yours....llok out!!!!!! there a black man coming!!!!!!!!!!!!.................nice one

Yeah, no doubt I'm a horribad person. I kick kittens, loosen the screws in elderly peoples' walkers and steal kids' lunch money. What's your point? It's still a hideously proportioned avatar with gnarly hair that his mommy dressed in ladies' undies.

:smileyvery-happy:

You naughty troll.

My theory on increasing avatar size is this

A lot of men enter SL and decide they want a big macho avi and set the sliders to max.  As the tendency increased, other men already in SL follow suit when they begin to notice they are not "measuring up" and don't want to appear to be a shrimp.  Then the women increase their avi size because when they use couple balls with a very tall man they are floating above the ground and don't like it or the cuddles they use look awkward when the avi's relative size makes the animation look awkward.

However, there are exceptions to this.  I know at least three men in SL that have been in here a long time and are extremely tall in RL and want their avi to match their RL body as close as possible. I haven't changed my height since I originally made my shape.  Back in 2006 I was on the taller side for women as I'm a bit taller than average in RL and based my avi on my RL body.  But now, I'm a shrimp compared to most women.

I'm sure the Lindens get the last laugh on this.  As avi sizes have increased creators of furniture have had to increase the size of furniture too to accommodate this.  The larger furniture leads to larger rooms and houses, which in turn lead to a need for larger lots and then larger tiers. Maybe a campaign should be started to get everyone to decrease the size of everything by half! :smileytongue:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.