Owner of the sim ... have all rights?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some Regions are privately owned and the owner may allow or disallow any Resident. Land Managers can also ban a Resident from a Region. An individual land holder can ban you from their plot or parcel.

If you know who banned you, you can ask them why if you want to know, they don't have to answer but they may.

If the Region is generally open to the Public you might want to politely contact the land manager or region owner if you really want to be a guest in that region. 

Second Life is a big place, I wouldn't take offense to the ban if a reason cannot be found.

Road access or Water access are positive selling points for Land because a minor dispute could lead to a parcel or plot being land lock by ban lines (mainland).

A Region Owner must spend a fair amount of money to own a Region. When I rent a small plot on the mainland, I may allow or not allow Residents to visit the land. The land is small and anyone could easily fly around the land. It's kinda pointless.

If I owned a whole Region, nobody could enter.

http://secondlife.com/land/privatepricing.php

all property in second life is private property, all access to said property is at the owners discretion.

the only times when that can run afoul of TOS is when a clear statement of prejudicial discrimination is made, and then the only result if the person making the statement gets in trouble, it does not cancel the ability to control access.

CherryLips Dagostino wrote:

Hello Everybodies... i have a Question ....

I Want to know the Owner of a sim can be bann someone for completly no reason???

or is against the linden tos?

So when you have a sim you have completly the right to do what you want and accept who you want , and bann who you want?

(( Ps. Sorry for mah bad English ))

all they can do is allow you or ban you on their land ..but they cannot do anything they want to you..they still have to follow the TOS even on their own land..

like someone else said..it's like owning land in RL..

we don't get to break the law even though we own land in RL..same goes for SL

Not only can the owner of a sim ban you from the region, they can ban you from specific parcels. Or if you own a parcel or even rent one in some cases you can ban people from your parcel.

Further more someone that owns more than one region as in multiple sims can ban you from all of them in one stroke. When you ban someone you get the option of banning them from that region, or all regions owned by that person.

And its not just the owner, anyone on the estate list can do this.

And no they don't need a reason and its not against TOS. If you don't like furries you can ban them at will if you want, or tinies, or child avatars or anyone under a certain age or anyone you just don't like for whatever reason.

Or you can make it a private region where only people on an access list can get in.

Except someone that works for linden labs, they can go anywhere they want.

Same with someone on the estate list. If you want to ban them you have to take them off from estate first or the ban won't stick.

Yes, but ...There is often a reason. Some are impulsive, but usually it's for good reason. I recently banned a person because he had rezzed on one of my regions "graphics cards crash", just because he had a different with a tenant.  There is other examples of harassment, threats, racism etc ...
I understand your question, but we must think of the victims who rent a land and can't have peace.
One more thing, I was ejected from a parcel (not a region) open to the public just because I'm a male, but this is not shocking, for anyone.Be banned because of your sex, color,  origin ... is really more shocking for me.(Of course everyone, every communities can have a place to meet, but they can do it in a private place not open to public.)
Conclusion, when you give power to a person he / she can become a little dictators, or be fair and kind.

There is always a reason because banning someone takes a few clicks that people generally spend on doing something fun.

You may not know the reason, but I bet there is one.

In our sim we have a LOT of signs and warnings explaining the dress code yet people sometimes manage to run around missing them, they then don't notice our IM's and when they get ejected they get all annoyed and upset...

And sometimes when you are in the middle of an event (wedding for instance), photo shoot, video shoot, live show, and someone somehow manages to appear wearing the wrong (or no) clothes, making lots of annoying gestures, causing lag or simply appearing in the wrong spot (on stage on top of the live singer for instance).

So yes, then you may be ejected or even banned without a warning because the owner is doing 45356 things at the same time and does not have time to chat.

Become an owner yourself and try organising events and you will soon understand and wish for even more horrible evil powers!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.