Where did you go on your summer holiday?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just returned from a relaxing, fun- and sun-filled holiday at North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  Members of my family have been vacationing there since before I was born.  This year, I joined two siblings and their families.  The week was mostly rain-free and, while the temperatures were hot, the ocean made it tolerable.

Where did you go or plan to go for a summer holiday?

nmyrtlebeach.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love lavender, how gorgeous!

Me, to several beaches and art festivals, such as the one in the following link:  The Pageant of the Master's is beyond magnificent!

It's too hot anywhere else nearby, but the whole California coastline is pretty gorgeous, cool and calming.   Oh and Laguna Beach puts out a parade of orchids everywhere.  It's so gorgeous with all the orchids everywhere!

http://www.sawdustartfestival.org/

Here's a link to the pictures from The Pageant of the Master's.  Real people dress up as the painting and have to be motionless for a long time; it's quite amazing.  These might look like paintings but they're not; they're real people. 

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1115&bih=567&q=laguna+beach+pageant+of+the+masters&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&oq=laguna+beach+pageant+of+the+masters&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=0l0l0l3673l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0

No vacation this year as I have way too much work to do....  But on the bright side, I live in the mountains, so I walk outside and I am on vacation.  Coffee on the deck in the morning, dew sparkling over everything, birds twittering in the trees, fog crawling along the ground - Day hours... work, work, work - evening...  nice warm cup of chai tea on the deck, the buzzing of insects, the creek babbling in the background, loons and owls calling, a pack of coyotes singing...  vacation is outside my door calling to me to find a trail and explore.... 

Be back in a bit.  I think I have a tree to climb and a river to cross,

Cinn

We always spend our holidays in April, because that period suits both Reuler and me the best, it is very difficult for us to match our agendas due to our international jobs .. but when we take a break, we want luxury, comfort, wellness ... well we want it all!!!!!! Thats why we love cruises, it is so easy and every morning you wake up in a new country, cool huh!

This year we did this cruise;

MVV4_Italy,Greece,Croatia.jpg

BARI.jpg

PS. in the summer we both work .....:matte-motes-crying: *meows*

@Val:  ohh la la!  Gorgeous!

@Cinn:  Sounds absolutely delightful.  As long as you have a means to 'escape' it does not really matter where you go.

@Wildcat:  A cruise with your honey...awesome!   I like the route, too.  Lots of history around you!

@Storm:  Yeah, yeah.  I knows how yous feel about da Bronx.  :matte-motes-bored:

@Maya:  Sounds like you are taking in a bit o' culture, SoCal style.

Venus Petrov wrote:

@Storm:  Yeah, yeah.  I knows how yous feel about da Bronx.  :matte-motes-bored:

Yes, I love the colors especially the lavander.  Lavander and purple are NOT colors that one finds so readily in da Bronx.

Something to do with gangs and thugs, but I live in da right hood. 

Storm Clarence wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Yes, I love the colors especially the lavander.  Lavander and purple are NOT colors that one finds so readily in da Bronx.

Something to do with gangs and thugs, but I live in da right hood. 

Looks like there is some green on that wall, too.  You should feel right at home.

To escape the weeks of 100+ degree weather, we took the family to San Francisco. We had trouble packing because although we knew there was something we used to feel other than hot, we just could not remember what it was like. 

And it was really cold in SF at times -- glorious!

Venus Petrov wrote:

/me laughs

I used to live in the SF Bay area.  It is a good 15-20F warmer if you drive across the Bay Bridge, throught the tunnel west to the burbs of Concord/Walnut Creek.  I am glad you had a good time.

It was not anywhere near as warm this year as it should have been, but you're right about that most of the time. Can be high fifties at Half Moon Bay, high sixties in the City, pushing ninety in Walnut Creek and a hundred and three in Sacramento all at the same time.

My short getaway was colder than usual. I was hoping to get a good pic of Shasta since I knew it would have lots of snow, but the day I went by the clouds were down to about 8000 feet, so all I could see was the bottom half. I did get a halfway decent pic of Lassen the day before.

Shasta July 2011.jpg

I had ten years of (work) permanent holidaying and partying in our beautiful northern tropical regions. I won't be having another holiday for some time. Unless I earn it :) What on earth am I supposed to do with my Irukandji (deadly tropical jellyfish) hot pink stinger wetsuit now that I am back in the big smoke? :( lmaoooo. It's too thin for these cold southern waters *brrrrr

Cairns.jpg

I was gonna backpack with my mom & sis this month starting from Cambodia, Laos and to end in Vietnam but my sister who works for the ministry was summoned back to work, tomorrow! :matte-motes-crying: My mother didn't want to go anywhere and she hid my passport so this 'precious daughter' of her will stay at home for once during her vacations.

I'm thinking now if I could persuade my father and my bros to come and jungle trekking with me for a few days... that would be fun. 

If nothing works according to plan, it looks like the only pictures I can take are my mom's dogs barking at the neighbour's cat or my brothers when they're sleeping. If I'm lucky one of my uncles will celebrate some silly things like their grandaughter's birthday just so they can get drunk. Maybe then I can take some pictures of them getting wasted and post it in our family Facebook page so us, cousins, can make fun of them.

Sorry to hear your holiday plans were interrupted by your sister's employer (they do not believe in holidays?!).  Anyway, whatever photo you wish to post to 'stand in' for a holiday shot is welcome.

Perhaps you can persuade your mom to take a day trip or two with you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.