Where did you go on your summer holiday?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been 1 for vacations. I actually get annoyed when I don't have all my stuff. At the same time tho, I always feel like I'm on vacation, and constantly take whole days to enjoy places around me, especially now that I haven't work for any1 but myself for the past 4 years. Maybe it is just me, but I've never felt like I need a break, I would rather change my whole life so that I'm happy 90% of the time and can't wait to wake up the next day and do whatever I want again.

Those pictures and places look awesome. If anything, I would want to live there, not just visit. If not for my family here, I would just leave and go live someplace similar to those picture, but I love and care about my family way too much to do that. I'm secretly planning to kidnap them all, tie them up, throw them into the back of a charter plane and go.

In June I spent a week with my family in a cabin in the mountains of North Carolina high country. Here's the cabin.

cabin.jpg

And here is a view from a scenic overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway. This is the third time we've been to that area, and they've all been the most relaxing vacations I've ever had!

scenic.jpg

Quinn Morani wrote:

/me waits for Dillon to come along and call me "soccer mom."
:)

Do we have to wait?  Soccer mom. :matte-motes-bored:

The Blue Ridge Mountains, Pisgah, and Chattahoochee National Forests, are simply sublime.  I have spent many a day and evening enjoying the splendor of that part of the U.S.  

My only issue with this area of NC is the limited, or non-existence of golf courses; for a state like NC, with as many golf courses as one can imagine, I find this unacceptable if I want to enjoy a round while on vacation - which is the only reason I vacation: to play golf all day.      

Storm Clarence wrote:

<snip>

My only issue with this area of NC is the limited, or non-existence of golf courses; for a state like NC, with as many golf courses as one can imagine, I find this unacceptable if I want to enjoy a round while on vacation - which is the only reason I vacation: to play golf all day.      

Then you might be the one person that understands why I have not felt the need to go anywhere on vacation this year. I now live near enough to this golf course that I pass it several times a week. And no I do not play... (golf). lol

Pebble-Beach-Won-By-Jeff-Sluman.jpg

Venus Petrov wrote:

Sounds like a plan, Medhue!

As soon as my bank account hits 1 million dollars, we are out of here. I only have $998,001 to go, wish me luck. Come on LL, show me the money! Maybe, if I just eat ramon noodles for lunch over the next 20 years, that will help. Funny, cause the rest of my plan seems pretty flawless.

Or, that golf course looks pretty appealing. I kind of suck, but my son would love it.

@Keli, Soccer Mom reporting for duty! What time does practice end? I need to know if I have time to run errands before I pick you up, or if I have to stay and make boring small talk with the other moms.

@Venus, I'm always happy to spend my vacation money in NC. We love it there. If I could buy a second home there in the mountains, I would in a heartbeat.

@Storm, I only singled out Dillon because she's the one who usually calls me Soccer Mom. Regarding the splendor of the mountains, I agree with you that this part of the country is simply breathtaking. As for golf, you'd get along with Zeke. He loves to play, but rarely has the time. In any case it sounds there could be a good investment opportunity for someone to design a course in the Blue Ridge mountains!

@Dillon, *waves back*

Quinn Morani wrote:

@Keli, Soccer Mom reporting for duty! What time does practice end? I need to know if I have time to run errands before I pick you up, or if I have to stay and make boring small talk with the other moms.

@Venus, I'm always happy to spend my vacation money in NC. We love it there. If I could buy a second home there in the mountains, I would in a heartbeat.

@Storm, I only singled out Dillon because she's the one who usually calls me Soccer Mom. Regarding the splendor of the mountains, I agree with you that this part of the country is simply breathtaking. As for golf, you'd get along with Zeke. He loves to play, but rarely has the time. In any case it sounds there could be a good investment opportunity for someone to design a course in the Blue Ridge mountains!

@Dillon, *waves back*

Well, Quinn, I may have to start calling you something else, it seems. While Soccer Mom will remain your code name (should we be called back to active duty) your nickname is subject to revision and in fact has been revised. :smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.