my.secondlife.com - social profiles thingy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty well everything has been said by the above posts, so I'll just add my 2 penny rant to it.

To start with this is just dumb, now everyrhing someone posts to my Feed. I get another gmail notice and another notice in world. That's just great ,more to delete or miss important information on.

Everyone on my friends list can see anything I post to the feed, damn, I have people on that list from over 3 years ago hope their not offended as I clean them out today. The level of restriction is not finite enough there should be a selection on the friends list that one can set if you wish them to have access to your Feed.

This little scenario should prove interesting: Friend A and Friend B are partners. They break up, happens all the time. Friend A is pissed at me now because Friend B posted a joke to me on my Feed and Friend A thinks I shouldn't have Friend B on my friends list anymore because they hate them.

It's a childish little scheme but we all know how people  can be. More friggin drama.

I sure hope SL knows where they are going with this because I ruddy well don't.

I just wish they had fixed in world group chat instead:P

My-Coffee.gif

ya my homepage or where ever that chat is ..it's filling up already with people i haven't talked to in awhile..

this is stupid ..how about just an on and off switch for the whole damn thing so we can use this or use our old profiles?

now i'm gonna make mine blank like a bot until i can figure out what the hell this thing does..

they couldn't leave well enough alone with the other web based ones..they have to add drama causing features to light up the place..WTF!!

Deltango Vale wrote:

[...]
Why
is LL still collecting VAT on behalf of the EU?

because if they don't, then the EU nations, individually or collectively, could block access to it, or do other annoying things to it's citizenry that might hamper using it.... but LL only cares that it would hurt their bottom line by raising the bar for access to SL.

i have a cunning plan myself to eliminate thier stupid plan..i'm gonna make this profile blank and then go to yahoo or some other place and make a profile there and put the link in this profile..this way i am done with LL's stupid stupid profiles..it will just be used for a link..

or maybe just use my flickr or something..but i'm done with their FArkin around with profiles..if it ain't broke don't fix the damn thing..

fix something thats freakin broken for pete's sake..like someone said..CHANNLE CHAT..

i'm about done anyways..if i wanted a facebook LL i would have already gotten one..

Parhelion Palou wrote:

Settings, Notifications will let you get rid of various email and in-world notifications.

Sorry, I duplicated Roseysun Galicia's post when I answered WolfBaginski's post. I should've read the first posts first.

Great... Six checkboxes to uncheck for every account, to opt out of this inane idea. *sigh* *Starts logging in as every alt I have and opting out there, too.*

I just wonder whatelse they have changed or are about to change without informing their customers first about it..

i didn't find anything about this anywhere in the blogs..

would have been great to know ahead of time to have a better idea of what was coming..

shoot from the hip LL..piss tons of people off..

I think that virtually without warning, they changed from having all your profile and pick info open to everyone who logged into SL with a viewer, to having a system that defaults to show the same information to the same people if they are logged into the same accounts over the web instead of just logged in to SL using a viewer.  Oh, and they provide new ways both to make it more widely exposed, or to tighten up on who within SL get to see it.   

They have done their ususal piss poor job of explaining the changes, and notifying the members, and letting rumors and misunderstandings run rampant, but hey, it is LL.

interesting, hadn't done that in a while... someone has a (unflattering) shot of one of my avs probably gathered during an RFL event or one of the Babage events I've been too... the only link to this name outside of SL on the first page of google results.

Roseysun Galicia wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

I just wish they had fixed in world group chat instead:P

My-Coffee.gif

They claim that they have resolved group chat lag: 

OMG!! they actually believe they fixed it? Oo

this is all i saw them saying...

herp derp? Derp derp herp derpy herp? then something about a derp hitting a herp on the way out..

weird I haven't been seeing errors like that since they upgraded it... still some lag in some groups when posting, but not long enough to trigger the error messages anymore, and zero out of order issues....

if you are still seeing those things I'd definitely file a jira, make sure to list the group name(s) it's occuring in.

Void Singer wrote:

weird I haven't been seeing errors like that since they upgraded it... still some lag in some groups when posting, but not long enough to trigger the error messages anymore, and zero out of order issues....

if you are still seeing those things I'd definitely file a jira, make sure to list the group name(s) it's occuring in.

when they first fixed them i did notice some improvement..but then it just seemed to go back to what it was..it's mostly any groups with any kind of good member count that i notice them in..that could be something to do with the amount of members..but then again my small groups don't pop that much  chat to notice if they lag or not  hehehe

i'll have to see if i can get some of the others going that are smaller groups to see for sure..then i'll make a list of them and see about a jira..

i just want to see if maybe that narrows it down some or not before i do a jira..

"because if they don't, then the EU nations, individually or collectively, could block access to it, or do other annoying things to it's citizenry that might hamper using it.... but LL only cares that it would hurt their bottom line by raising the bar for access to SL."

-----------------------------------------------------

With LL out of EU geographic/legal space, I have a strong suspicion that there is nothing the EU (or member countries) could do. In my opinion, it is very much in LL's interest to scrape this longstanding problem off its shoes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.