What is this forum for?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh and I avoided posting over here in the past because I did not want to offend with my sig banner, which I have clung to since my old Xstreet forum days.  But now that there really is not much in the way of a merchant/commerce forum I can get rid of it if ppl hate it.

It is categorized as GD under the people's forum. I supposed whatever Lifestyle & Relationship hadn't covered already can be discussed in here. I do think this is related to SL and everything else that might be somehow related to SL. Kinda like the Mature rating before it was properly cleaned out recently.

Meaning, you can push your limit and hope the moderator will find it interesting enough to let it stay unless there are too many immersionists & roleplayers reading your subject at that time and it ruined their fantasy and RIC'd it.

In the meantime, it is a GD about SL. As far as I know, you could post commerce stuff in here as long as it is SL.

Thanks -- I looked at the community guidelines, which said:

Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board. 

But I don't know if this is outdated; LL official documents tend not to be updated very well.

Lexie Linden, 06-06-2011:

Just a quick explanation what this forum is all about.  It's the general discussion many of you asked us to bring back.  But, it is up to all of you to keep it a great place for conversations.  We think you will. 

• It is fine to post topics about Second Life and Real Life here. 
  • But, keep in mind the only change is that you may post about real life topics.
  • All the community guidelines and moderation are still applied here. 
  • The guidelines have been amended to allow real life topics here, only.  

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/General-Forum-Info/m-p/914001

Hi Pamela!   

I've missed you...and so many of the others from the old SLX days.   I currently have to login to Facebook to see Kenn's posts (if you remember my fellow Libertarian... : )

...and I loathe FB.  (I think a bunch of us on FB are switching to google+ ) 

Would love to see you post here a regular...or even semi-regular basis.   

Pamela Galli wrote:

Now that the Merchant Forum is on life support I have been looking around at other forus, and this place seems actually pretty good.  Is is for GD of SL? or just GD of anything?

We're supposed to pretend that what we talk about has something to do with SL, but in the last few days we've kinda skipped off the tracks a bit.  That said given dramatic and horrible news on Friday, it seems like letting up the slack is a good thing, and hopefully we're not just getting away with it until a linden gets into work tomorrow. But do expect that pretty soon it will be back to sticking to SL general topics.

As a content creator... one thing to remember about this entire forum is... if you have created a hot new product & you want to let more people in SL know about it, you can NOT do that here.

No sub-forum or section is given anywhere to highlight new products.

Anything else is fine to discuss, just don't ever mention your latest SL creations --- the topic of New Products is verboten -- (except in signatures)!

Other than that single topic, you can happily & openly discuss anything about your Second Life... have fun! :smileyhappy:

Hi Celestiall!  Yes, I miss the old Xstreeters, too (well, some of them). Most just never made the transition over here I guess. Of course I remember Kenn, too.

I have heard about Google / Gmail accounts being deleted along with avatar accounts so was afraid to make a Google +.

Before when I peeked in over here it was so busy, and I had no scorecard for the players and had no clue what the feuds were about. But looks like things are much quieter and a lot of the regulars are gone, so maybe I could figure out what is going on more easily.

Also the moderation on the Merchant forum is much better now and assume it is here too.

I heard Google went back & reactivated all the deleted avatar accounts!

After hearing that news, I'm tempted to make a Google+ account for my avatar.... I want to.... but don't know if it will just get wiped in the end.

Does anybody know the latest status of that?

It was pretty awesome -- until LL took over "moderation", so to speak. Then it kind of went to hell in its last days.

But before that, everyone knew where the line was (or should have, since it was very clear: "It's all about Respect.") and if you crossed it, you got spanked.

anything that doesn't fit somewhere else in the forums goes here... and you can get away with a few that that are covered elswhere.

as for the sig banner, please no on the animation... since you were kind enough to ask I'll leave it alone for now, but assuming it stays animated I know I for one will block it.

it's good for updates also..

like today when i was in second life and also watching Eric and Sookie finally get together!! \o/

but then Bill (Sookies ex) found out Erics memory was erased because Pam has a big mouth and let it spill out because she is all obssessed with this rotting spell that the same witch that Erased Erics memory cast a spell on her too..so bill is gonna show up and see Eric(who won't remember bill) and Sookie  kissing really heavily and i think Bill  is gonna flip out..

But Eric is older and is gonna whoop Bill pretty bad..

i can't wait till next week when i am in second life and also watching True blood because it is such a huge part of my second life now..hehehehe

Just curious, I have never used ad-blockers.... can they block text ads also?

I put my sig to text a while ago, thinking a lot of people are almost "programmed" to skip over all banners with their eyes while surfing the net. Knowing all banners are ads... it is easy to just glaze over & ignore them all... I do this myself.

I like the look of a text sig lately, it seems so much more low key, less intrusive... so maybe more appealing?

Don't know if my font selections & unicode show up nicely in all browsers, on my iphone it looks kinda hacky :matte-motes-impatient: meh

not for inline text, no, it's considered as part of the page and would be a pain to program in (not impossible, but hacky for sure)

I don't see what characters you use in front of you're links on my end, they're defaulted to the block id numbers for the unicode set.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Now that the Merchant Forum is on life support I have been looking around at other forus, and this place seems actually pretty good.  Is is for GD of SL? or just GD of anything?

If you liked the old GD forum but did not like the endless flame wars, you'll probably like this one. If fact you'll probably like many of the sections in the Forums. As has been pointed out, the one thing that makes this particular section different is that non-SL topics are allowed.

Including speculation on just what the next alien invasion of Earth will mean for us Earthlings, which you gotta admit is pretty important stuff so it's good we have a place to deal with that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.