A Safe Thread to Complain About PBR

6 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

It's far worse.  Some people perceive everyone as attackers and everything they post as attacks and once they've cast a person in that die, they refuse to listen to any reason from them or about them regardless of evidence or provable truths.  It's not rational but you just cannot reason with such people.  It is better to just ignore them as they will always believe that they are right and the hero of their story and will never change their beliefs.

It is an interesting variation of the familiar, friendly "I'm always right no matter what" contributors who at the same time can and do "play nice". 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

It's far worse.  Some people perceive everyone as attackers and everything they post as attacks and once they've cast a person in that die, they refuse to listen to any reason from them or about them regardless of evidence or provable truths.  It's not rational but you just cannot reason with such people.  It is better to just ignore them as they will always believe that they are right and the hero of their story and will never change their beliefs.

Please present your evidence or provable truths for this statement.

I accepted your previous argument that PBR is supposed to make our machines get that hot.

19 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Civil discourse is dying to the point that those that do have it are considered artists of a dying art. hehehe

I blame, too much phone, too much intranets and everything being based on click baits for medias to thrive.

Late Breaking news!! We think we've discovered the cure for everyone being upset..

Just click here and find out!! \o/  - The PBR Divide and Why

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Civil discourse is dying to the point that those that do have it are considered artists of a dying art. hehehe

I blame, too much phone, too much intranets and everything being based on click baits for medias to thrive.

Late Breaking news!! We think we've discovered the cure for everyone being upset..

Just click here and find out!! \o/  - The PBR Divide and Why

I think it all stems from holding in farts, leading to crappy ideas. I know better than to click that link, ebildooer!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You guys are no fun!!! \o/

hehehe

I knew exactly what it was going to be, but Floss's interpretation made me look. Perhaps they didn't get the "Rick Astley" reference, have never been RickRolled, and didn't recognize the lyrics to "Never Gonna Give You Up" - that's at lot of info!

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I knew exactly what it was going to be, but Floss's interpretation made me look. Perhaps they didn't get the "Rick Astley" reference, have never been RickRolled, and didn't recognize the lyrics to "Never Gonna Give You Up" - that's at lot of info!

That's the fun part.. Some don't realize they've been rolled until they are part way through it.. hehehe

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It was supposed to be a Rick Roll to lighten things up some..

oO. I wasn't sure. I knew I had seen him before and figured he was a singer.

Here's a romantic song where I guy tries to make eye contact with a woman in the rear-view mirror while driving around in the woods looking for the ocean. Then she walks away into the ocean like she is playing SL But then she changes her mind at the end and they sit on pose balls in an empty house and lick each other's faces.

Sorry, I'm bored.

I've decided to just live in this thread.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's the fun part.. Some don't realize they've been rolled until they are part way through it.. hehehe

FWIW, I thought it was great, I was just away having a meal when you posted.  Best laugh I've had all day, thanks Ceka.  I do love a good rick-roll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WeFlossDaily said:
13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think, if someone takes the internet too seriously, AND doesn't know a RickRoll..then we have learned a lot.

I don't like you.

Maybe you heard of Star Wars?

Aaaaanyways, My opinion about PBR so far is that I'm not really sure about it yet ,to be honest..

I've really liked a lot of the EEP's that I got myself.. I've learned how to adjust those some and I like quite a few of them.

But as far as really checking out probes and things and putting something on my land that was made for PBR?  I'm hoping to do that today.. I've got a bunch of things from Skye that I want to try.

I'm far from good at it yet and really not sure when I'm in a PBR scene or not.. hehehe

Once I mess with it more, I'll be able to spot out when I am much easier..

I guess I've been kind of lazy about it so far, but  I am liking the EEP's more..

• Thanks 1

I couldn't care less whether we have PBR or not.  Truth

I don't see much of an advantage.  Opinion

My computer handles the PBR viewer fairly well.  Truth

I've tried other viewers recently and am just more comfortable using Firestorm.  Opinion

People are struggling with PBR viewers because of their hardware.  Truth

Regardless of what anyone's opinion is, LL is not going to change direction.  PBR is here to stay.   Truth

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Regardless of what anyone's opinion is, LL is not going to change direction.  PBR is here to stay.   Truth

I don’t think this one is true, I think it’s likely more opinion. I think LL may step back from mandatory PBR enforcement. I would wager a small amount that we will end up with a platform with multiple co-existing lighting and material systems and a segregated community.

Edit to add: Definitely true PBR is here to stay though.

Edited by Porky Gorky

1 minute ago, Porky Gorky said:
8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I don’t think this one is true, I think it’s likely more opinion. I think LL may step back from mandatory PBR enforcement. I would wager a small amount that we will end up with a platform with multiple co-existing lighting and material systems and a segregated community.

Well, a soothsaying prognosticator may say differently!