The First Linden Homes Poll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I think there should be wall pieces in the content kit and more open plan floorplans, that way you can add walls where you want them (doors have already been provided in some themes, so doesn't seem like much of a stretch). Perhaps rezz the homes in default mode with some of the removable walls in place as a guide to what you can do, and then people can delete them if they want. You can get wall add-ons in the marketplace, but it would be nice to have them included and made specifically for the LL homes.

While we are at it, can we not have doors that open at least 160 degrees rather than the 90 that we get in most homes, or better yet, leave them out, as was done with the stilts.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I like space in my homes, as I do not like the clausterphobic feel of many modern homes - way too many walls in modern designs - get the F out of my way!

Lots of natural light, from skylights and large windows.

I like the "Steampunk", though it is probably "CyberPunk" and "Brutalist" architecture.

I like straight lines, big windows, tall lofted ceilings, and integration with the outdoors.

• Cyberpunk/Brutalist
  • Indoor/Outdoor Connected theme (Frank Lloyd Wright 'Falling Water')
  • Roost style or (classic architect's home) style
  • Sci Fi can include cyberpunk/brutalist/roost style as they are similar in design, the theme and context of the neighbourhood will define the style

My interest in architecture in the 80's saw me appreciating bigger windows, more open spaces, 'lofts', second floors that would have had bedrooms upstairs, but could look down on the living areas, sunken living rooms, etc.

Mainly anything with space. One floor or upper loft only, multifloors run out of LI anyway

Also, the less walls in the interior the better, so I can 'build to taste'

Favourite homes in the past:

Legacy:

• Meadowbrook -> Pretty much all of them

Belissaria

• Newbrooke

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 4

On 7/1/2024 at 7:00 PM, Clem Marques said:

The old west theme would make me want to get a Linden Home, so cool 🫢

Thanks for the poll.

There is already an RP Sim Tombstone out there that rent out rooms.  Wasn't sure if you were aware.

• Like 3

On 7/2/2024 at 4:07 AM, Sid Nagy said:

Whatever the Lab does, there will always be people who are not thrilled with the new step.
- Land flippers were not happy with Bellisseria in general.

Good!!...paying a million $L just to live in a nice area is extortion. I love my Linden houseboat im staying there anyway

• Like 3

On 7/2/2024 at 8:59 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

@Patch Linden

Why include a Norwegian theme in the poll when there is already a continent-sized residential development called Second Norway located east of the Blake Sea?

LOL

On 7/2/2024 at 8:59 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I doubt the owners of Second Norway would be thrilled or excited to realise that another version of their theme could be duplicated and potentially putting them out of business...

I think Luxory Estates will be just fine.

Have you ever lived in Second Norway? It's a beautiful collection of sparse little islands that lend you open water sailing (as you rightly mentioned) very close to Blake Sea, along with a lot of freedom with terraforming, choosing your own build, landscaping, and ,beautiful modern mesh landscaping included as default in parcels with hundreds or thousands of available land impact to play with, most of which are well connected by roads and working bridges with some airports around too (although admittedly I personally think SNO airport is the ugliest thing ever, but Toka is nice).

None of which is possible with Linden Homes, and an entirely different target market.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jadziyah Nova said:

Curious if we'll be allowed to see the results of the poll 

On 7/2/2024 at 12:20 AM, Patch Linden said:

Please vote for your top 3 picks in this poll!   We will then have a second poll from the top choices here to choose a winner.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The first poll has now concluded, and I apologize for the slight delay. The poll received 1200 votes.  The Minangkabau Houses received the fewest votes, making them the least favored option.  The top 5 are revealed in the final poll.

Here is the new discussion thread and link to the final poll.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.