Firestorm PBR Release Is Out

4 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Sure seems like you're trying to play both sides of the fence now.   Like I said, use something else if it suits you . I don't know why this is constantly being dragged on and on at this point. It's been a month, PBR is still there , this should tell you it's not going anywhere.

I have never said I want it to "go anywhere." I am NOT advocating, and never have advocated for the removal of PBR.

I suggested that there were issues with the beta testing process that were preventing useful data, and the experience of a wide number of users, from being accounted for.

Get a grip.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Grammar and clarity
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Normal person tries it "WTF is this broken PoS! Everyone involved in this should be fired, without notice, severance pay or references!"

Sounds like the tale of the Emperor's new clothes doesn't it?

the-emperors-new-clothes-2015-06-10-1715

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Might I remind YOU that I too am volunteering MY time by actively testing, and then reporting back about my experiences?

Suggesting that there are flaws with the process is not a personal attack on those involved, nor does the fact that something is run by volunteers exempt it from criticism, especially if that criticism is intended to make it work better.

Did you abandon your current computer for a week or more and ran SL on some 2016 era laptop to emulate "the kind of off-the-shelf, middle range computer that most users actually use" while you were actively testing? No? I don't see why anyone else who just does this out of interest in his/her hobby time would do that either. I certainly wouldn't, even if I had a 2016 laptop around, which I don't.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Candide LeMay said:

Did you abandon your current computer for a week or more and ran SL on some 2016 era laptop to emulate "the kind of off-the-shelf, middle range computer that most users actually use" while you were actively testing? No? I don't see why anyone else who just does this out of interest in his/her hobby time would do that either. I certainly wouldn't, even if I had a 2016 laptop around, which I don't.

Then they should perhaps take somewhat more seriously the reports of those who DO, rather than dismissing them out of hand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Then they should perhaps take somewhat more seriously the reports of those who DO, rather than dismissing them out of hand.

Yep.

Yep. Yep. Yep.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Candide LeMay said:

You can emulate a low-end system on your high end system buy running what is called a virtual machine. There is no need to abandon anything. Attempting to place the burden of responsibly onto another while declaring that you yourself see no reason to ever do what you are criticizing them for not doing is paradoxical.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Candide LeMay said:

Firestorm developers are not helped if people don't mention problem areas and the issues cannot always be pinpointed. It is helpful for them to know the limits of their code and what it run well on and where it doesn't. Running around saying it is perfect when it isn't for some is not the intent of the Beta group last I checked.

• Like 4

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And your use of that that meme just says it all.

I need that meme translated into English.

I am not familiar with whatever vulgar mannerism the television judge (Judge Judy?) is using here.

Just now, WeFlossDaily said:

I need that meme translated into English.

I am not familiar with whatever vulgar mannerism the television judge (Judge Judy?) is using here.

She's playing a "sad violin."

In other words, it's mocking those who are reporting problems by suggesting that, really, they just don't care.

• Thanks 1

As useful as it has been to see this thread turn into a mirror image of exactly the kind of cognitive bias, obliviousness, and utter uncaring arrogance that I was describing as happening in the Beta preview group, I think I'm done here, at least with this particular conversation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

As useful as it has been to see this thread turn into a mirror image of exactly the kind of cognitive bias, obliviousness, and utter uncaring arrogance that I was describing as happening in the Beta preview group, I think I'm done here, at least with this particular conversation.

Quoting...just because..lol

7 minutes ago, discussionbot said:

Tone-deaf response as usual. 

It's really not tone deaf. It's a valid response after trying to help people who would rather complain to no end no matter what you do.

• Like 1

Just now, Modulated said:

It's really not tone deaf. It's a valid response after trying to help people who would rather complain to no end no matter what you do.

Reporting problems to a testing group IS helping. What on earth do you think they are FOR?

And when have you ever "helped'?

• Like 2

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Reporting problems to a testing group IS helping. What on earth do you think they are FOR?

And when have you ever "helped'?

Reporting problems is one thing the 'i don't like it, this doesn't work for me, why can't we have a viewer without it' stuff is not helping anyone.  I'm helping you right now to see how stupid your whinging is.

1 minute ago, Modulated said:

'i don't like it, this doesn't work for me, why can't we have a viewer without it

This is something I've never said. Not here, not in the Beta preview group.

Nor where those reporting problems saying that. You do realize that you have to actually join this group and install the Beta viewer to report on it, right? They didn't do that (nor did I) just to complain about its very existence.

They were doing exactly what members of a testing group should do -- reporting problems.

That were then dismissed or ignored.

• Like 1