LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

fine.  LL has already said those terms of endearment are okay to use if both avatars are adult.

Yes and how long did it take them to change that to clearly allow it? They refused to rule on it at first. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:
9 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The moment one or the other partner uses the words Daddy or Babygirl they are

fine.  LL has already said those terms of endearment are okay to use if both avatars are adult.

But..but..LL MAY use AI someday to proactively scan chat logs!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe they already do as it was now a month ago that they were looking into it? SL is slow when it is a feature for residents but pretty quick when it is a feature for themselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Yes and how long did it take them to change that to clearly allow it? They refused to rule on it at first. 

We couldn’t search Lolita as a keyword for a very long time either and it’s our fashion, but they finally delisted it as a banned keyword at some point. I’m guessing when there’s a good enough logical case made for a change, the perceived downside isn’t great, and they have the means and resources to do it, they do it. The rest is yeah, kind of tinfoil hat territory. They are a corporate business, not the Dom Daddy Popo. 

Edited by Fauve Aeon
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:
8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Watch out Kittyman 

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I hope you realize I was just repeating the oft-used argument used by the OP and others, which has been debunked several times already. 😻😹

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Maybe they already do as it was now a month ago that they were looking into it? SL is slow when it is a feature for residents but pretty quick when it is a feature for themselves.

They are openly using AI bots for other things and have been for a good while now. But they have had the special data and info logging part in the TOS for a good long time. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The more you and some other are arguing this the more I realize you just aren't going to get this unless one is doing regular RP where one is really and truly immersed in the role. One cannot be a Daddy unless one really is immersed in the role of being an older parental and authoritarian figure. The same goes for being a Babygirl, one can't be immersed in that role, regardless of actual age unless one is really feeling it. Otherwise it is just words that have no meaning. If those terms have meaning, one is stepping into an age difference sort of scene.

Since you added this after my post, I'll address it.

In RL, a part of the whole dynamic could be the baby girl dressing and acting childlike.  It IS a form of AP between consenting adults.  You can not now nor were you ever allowed to represent as a child and RP this aspect in SL.  That would be the part against the rules.  Be as immersed as you'd like with your adult looking avatar but keep the 'I wuves you daddy' or any other baby talk, or look, out of it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I hope you realize I was just repeating the oft-used argument used by the OP and others, which has been debunked several times already. 😻😹

Hasn't been debunked unless you are a Linden in the know?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fauve Aeon said:

They are openly using AI bots for other things and have been for a good while now. But they have had the special data and info logging part in the TOS for a good long time. 

The Lab is or third parties?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Since you added this after my post, I'll address it.

In RL, a part of the whole dynamic could be the baby girl dressing and acting childlike.  It IS a form of AP between consenting adults.  You can not now nor were you ever allowed to represent as a child and RP this aspect in SL.  That would be the part against the rules.  Be as immersed as you'd like with your adult looking avatar but keep the 'I wuves you daddy' or any other baby talk, or look, out of it.

The way it is now from the sounds of it is that you don't eve have to appear underage but just have to sexually chat that  you are.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The moment one or the other partner uses the words Daddy or Babygirl they are putting the RP into an age difference setting. Like BJ already pointed out, one would really need to stop using those terms even if allowed because of the mindset/setting they are inviting the other into.

It is like when I used to do D/s and would use the term Miss or Sir to someone who appeared a dominant even when they were not my dominant. I didn't title them like that for their sake, but to keep myself in the state of being a sub and to keep them in a state of dominance, regardless of any sort of slex. 

The more you and some other are arguing this the more I realize you just aren't going to get this unless one is doing regular RP where one is really and truly immersed in the role. One cannot be a Daddy unless one really is immersed in the role of being an older parental and authoritarian figure. The same goes for being a Babygirl, one can't be immersed in that role, regardless of actual age unless one is really feeling it. Otherwise it is just words that have no meaning. If those terms have meaning, one is stepping into an age difference sort of scene.

Governance doesn't care what's going on in your mind when you do erotic RP. They've said it's ok to use terms like "Daddy" and I assume "Baby" when doing eroitc RP. What they care about is whether you avatar looks like a kid. I don't think I've seen a picture of yours, but from the thread where we guess whether an avatar is a child or an adult, I think most people are pretty easy-going about so-called "edge" cases. Even if your avatar looks like a teenager, as long as you state that you're over 18 and *don't let your partner call you a 12 year old* , you'll be fine. LL doesn't want to lose a bunch of regular, non-trouble-making customers over this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Didn't you say a while back that you didn't do roleplay? You were always YOU? Maybe I'm thinking someone else.

No, i don't pretend to be anyone else so I don't 'play a role' when I was SLexing.  But, if I were RPing, I'd sure as hell not be RPing something against the ToS.  Wouldn't pretend to be anyone's 16 yr old babysitter or daughter or student.  Not gonna sit on grandpa's lap and let him 'pretend' I'm his little grand daughter.  

BJ  was the one who recently said she doesn't RP so her saying she'll continue to use.the 'N' word is just something she must enjoy since she's always herself.  

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The way it is now from the sounds of it is that you don't eve have to appear underage but just have to sexually chat that  you are.

That is representing yourself as underage in a sexual situation.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

One cannot be a Daddy unless one really is immersed in the role of being an older parental and authoritarian figure. The same goes for being a Babygirl, one can't be immersed in that role, regardless of actual age unless one is really feeling it. Otherwise it is just words that have no meaning. If those terms have meaning, one is stepping into an age difference sort of scene.

I'd disagree with this given the example of a very famous movie where Marilyn Monroe spends the ENTIRE TIME annoyingly calling her boyfriend "Daddy" throughout the entire thing, and to be honest, he looks younger in the film than she does! Lil babyfaced Tommy Noonan...

It's common enough for it not to be a problem among adults. Like Ceka mentioned pages and pages back, lots of married couples use those terms. I wouldn't even punch a guy in the nose for calling me babygirl - it's cute AF sometimes, though I'm partial to food nicknames, like sugar waffle. Don't judge me. 😂

I can't imagine there are Lindens just waiting to pounce on IMs with all that going on, otherwise they'd get absolutely nothing done.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

... though I'm partial to food nicknames, like sugar waffle. Don't judge me. 😂

I can't help but think of the time my BF called me hunny bunny and I called him gummy bear. (He wears dentures).

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Governance doesn't care what's going on in your mind when you do erotic RP. They've said it's ok to use terms like "Daddy" and I assume "Baby" when doing eroitc RP. What they care about is whether you avatar looks like a kid. I don't think I've seen a picture of yours, but from the thread where we guess whether an avatar is a child or an adult, I think most people are pretty easy-going about so-called "edge" cases. Even if your avatar looks like a teenager, as long as you state that you're over 18 and *don't let your partner call you a 12 year old* , you'll be fine. LL doesn't want to lose a bunch of regular, non-trouble-making customers over this.

The Lab has stated that they look at multiple aspects to make their determination. To me that says the looks may not be a factor at all but could be just the RP scene. 

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

No, i don't pretend to be anyone else so I don't 'play a role' when I was SLexing.  But, if I were RPing, I'd sure as hell not be RPing something against the ToS.  Wouldn't pretend to be anyone's 16 yr old babysitter or daughter or student.  Not gonna sit on grandpa's lap and let him 'pretend' I'm his little grand daughter.  

When RP'ing it is not just what one says the age of their avatar is, there can be multiple clues that lead to the suspicion that there an age difference.

BJ  was the one who recently said she doesn't RP so her saying she'll continue to use.the 'N' word is just something she must enjoy since she's always herself.  

If you did do any amount of roleplaying, especially slexually, you would soon find others who want to be called derogatory, politically incorrect or just plain rude names to really excite them. This is pretty much the norm with the ones I have met. Not using them on a lot of the would result in not getting a re invite.

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I can't help but think of the time my BF called me hunny bunny and I called him gummy bear. (He wears dentures).

If I'm left to my own devices and go unchecked, I will bust out a "pookie waffle stud muppet" so damn fast... 🤣 A guy might jump at "Daddy" as an upgrade.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I wouldn't even punch a guy in the nose for calling me babygirl - it's cute AF sometimes, though I'm partial to food nicknames, like sugar waffle. Don't judge me. 😂

I can't imagine there are Lindens just waiting to pounce on IMs with all that going on, otherwise they'd get absolutely nothing done.

And how do you really feel when a guy calls you that? Do you feel younger and that he is older psychologically?

Linden might not be but their Ai scanning tools might be.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Would the Pences be banned given that Mike calls his wife "Mother?" This pet name stuff is even a thing with public figures, and I haven't seen any reaction apart from some light ribbing.

Edited by stlshayne
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

And how do you really feel when a guy calls you that? Do you feel younger and that he is older psychologically?

Linden might not be but their Ai scanning tools might be.

Nope. It's just a cute pet name as far as I'm concerned. If anything, hearing other people use those terms on each other might make me think of a sugar daddy situation, especially if he looks older, but that isn't my business and I'd barely give it a second thought.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.