LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

Posted (edited)

I have a couple of boyfriends that like to be called Daddy while we play. After I make it clear I'm over 18, we get into it.

But now, the whole time I'm emoting I'm thinking, is the convo gonna be flagged and some Linden is gonna read it and go omg its AP, and cancel our accounts?

It's total BS

Thanks a lot Linden Lab for making a harmless pretend session a possible termination event.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
grammar
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

Good lord!  Not another bait thread!  But hey, since you mentioned it, they might start watching you more closely.  😁

Q: How will this affect consenting adults who utilize adult avatars but affectionately refer to each other using terms such as Papi, Mami, Daddy, Mommy, babygirl, or babyboy, either due to their BDSM dynamic or simply as endearing pet names?

A: We understand that people use all kinds of terms of endearment when referring to someone they have a romantic relationship with. Again, we are specifically looking for someone role playing a child avatar, and in some cases this kind of terminology may be used. If you are an adult avatar, engaging in adult activity as an adult avatar with another adult avatar not role playing as a child, the new policy will have no effect on your activities.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 18

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Good lord!  Not another bait thread!  But hey, since you mentioned it, they might start watching you more closely.  😁

Q: How will this affect consenting adults who utilize adult avatars but affectionately refer to each other using terms such as Papi, Mami, Daddy, Mommy, babygirl, or babyboy, either due to their BDSM dynamic or simply as endearing pet names?

A: We understand that people use all kinds of terms of endearment when referring to someone they have a romantic relationship with. Again, we are specifically looking for someone role playing a child avatar, and in some cases this kind of terminology may be used. If you are an adult avatar, engaging in adult activity as an adult avatar with another adult avatar not role playing as a child, the new policy will have no effect on your activities.

That seems new. I don't remember that being in the FaQ before. Sounds like that FaQ was put out half done and then expanded on without notifying people of an update. Any case when does the term of endearment cross a threshold from where it is considered such a term to being considered to refer to another as an actual child avatar? 

This complicates it more instead of simplifying it.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That seems new. I don't remember that being in the FaQ before. Sounds like that FaQ was put out half done and then expanded on without notifying people of an update. Any case when does the term of endearment cross a threshold from where it is considered such a term to being considered to refer to another as an actual child avatar? 

This complicates it more instead of simplifying it.

They posted the revisions Friday.  

On 5/31/2024 at 5:23 PM, Tommy Linden said:

Hello everyone and Happy Friday!

As promised, we did just complete some updates to our FAQ, and adjusted our policy as well to match. Please give the updated FAQ a read.

We want to also thank everyone for the feedback we have received from the various communities that helped us make these updated changes and add additional clarification.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, BillFletcher said:

Adults have Dads too. 

exactly, and as long as I'm over 18 (i'm actually 39) it should all be good.

I'm just concerned that certain keywords are flagged, not "will be in the future", but are currently as of right now.

I'm afraid every word we type is being monitored for TOS violations

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

This thread:

eye-roll-robert-downey-jr.gif.6b7fddcf45e0b8525b7fc1bc21de8f2a.gif

Are you always this dramatic?

Oh look, someone else for the block list. Don't reply if you don't like the thread and we will both be happier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Says the one who uses this as a profile pic ;)

liberalbarbie.thumb.jpg.a1c52196e8c5d8ac

You know. I find it hilarious how "particular" people totally don't understand my profile pic and i can't but giggle when someone points it out. that's why i probably will never change it.

As for the topic: Why would LL say anything about the way OP speaks "that" type of talk when it's 2 adults. This thread is, like mentioned before, just clickbait and drama sterring. And i got one to block me again, so i for one feel accomplished. ;) 

(Saying you blocked me, has no effect on me. Except that you're confirming how i think of you perhaps.)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, CaithLynnSayes said:

You know. I find it hilarious how "particular" people totally don't understand my profile pic and i can't but giggle when someone points it out. that's why i probably will never change it.

As for the topic: Why would LL say anything about the way OP speaks "that" type of talk when it's 2 adults. This thread is, like mentioned before, just clickbait and drama sterring. And i got one to block me again, so i for one feel accomplished. ;) 

(Saying you blocked me, has no effect on me. Except that you're confirming how i think of you perhaps.)

Oh I know why you put up that profile pic and agree with it but the forum is in need of some drama to keep itself relevant.

Who knows why LL does most of the things it does but it does. Some of us actually do question how far LL is going to take this because they can make all the policy changes it wants but it comes down to what are they actually going to enforce and are they using ai to read all of our IM's. That bothers me more then the child aspect but not something they have given us an honest answer on.

54 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I have a couple of boyfriends that like to be called Daddy while we play. After I make it clear I'm over 18, we get into it.

But now, the whole time I'm emoting I'm thinking, is the convo gonna be flagged and some Linden is gonna read it and go omg its AP, and cancel our accounts?

It's total BS

Thanks a lot Linden Lab for making a harmless pretend session a possible termination event.

I agree with this thread so much.  I find myself calling my SL hubby Daddy a lot less often then i normally would because every time i say it i have flashes of all the forum drama.  The average forum poster isn't going to understand at all, but i do, and its affecting my SL not having the creative license we have come to know and love.  This is not a bait thread this is a serious issue facing SL RP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Who knows why LL does most of the things it does but it does. Some of us actually do question how far LL is going to take this because they can make all the policy changes it wants but it comes down to what are they actually going to enforce and are they using ai to read all of our IM's. That bothers me more then the child aspect but not something they have given us an honest answer on.

Myeah. LL does what it does and doesn't have to explain itself. I can't fault them for that. Also, don't ever forget that you are a guest in LL's house and they can fling you out at any moment without even having to tell you why. That's in ToS, that little pesky thing we all clicked "i agree" to after reading it thoroughly obviously, Right? ;)

But as i said, LL isn't also going to shoot themselves in the foot (i'm sure) and probably won't do what OP sort of  delusionally suggests here. Granted, it's 2024 and Idiocracy is proving more and more to be a documentary instead of a movie but still, i have faith LL isn't going to willy nilly suspend accounts because of the usage of certain words within a conversation. That's just loopy and as i said, this theard is therefor sh!tstirring in my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

i have flashes of all the forum drama

When I talk to people inworld they know nothing or very little about all this.

Sometimes I think it's better not to visit the forum...though often I do discover important stuff.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

I agree with this thread so much.  I find myself calling my SL hubby Daddy a lot less often then i normally would because every time i say it i have flashes of all the forum drama.  The average forum poster isn't going to understand at all, but i do, and its affecting my SL not having the creative license we have come to know and love.  This is not a bait thread this is a serious issue facing SL RP.

I find myself doing the same to the point I don't feel that comfortable in SL itself and tend to hang out on other grids where I am not having to watch my P's and Q's. The thread trolls are gathering here en masse because they obviously are not using terms of endearment so it doesn't affect them.

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Just because they don't know about the forum doesn't meant Linden is not going to enforce this crap on EVERYONE.

True, but what I'm trying to say is that most people won't be affected....they don't TP around exploring while nude, or engage in a*eplay.  It seems child avatars who need to change skins will be most affected.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Daddy's gone fishin

Well, now you've done it.  There is an empty cell next to me, I'm sure any moment LL will teleport you there.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

True, but what I'm trying to say is that most people won't be affected....they don't TP around exploring while nude, or engage in a*eplay.  It seems child avatar who need to change skins will be most affected.

But the line of what is a child avatar is so blurry, it could include short people, and then LL will look at conversation to see how old you are ... so if its full of Daddy and Babygirl, bam your banned.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

True, but what I'm trying to say is that most people won't be affected....they don't TP around exploring while nude, or engage in a*eplay.  It seems child avatar who need to change skins will be most affected.

People might not admit to TP around nude for naughty times, because they are ashamed, but you can be sure their alt is doing it.  The SL sex sims are full of people.  Not everyone has the confidence to own their sexuality and just do everything on one account.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

When I talk to people inworld they know nothing or very little about all this.

Sometimes I think it's better not to visit the forum...though often I do discover important stuff.

Because LL tries hard to keep residents in the dark. Easy to tell from the boilerplate ToS acceptance of 10+ pages, updating FaQ's in a thread instead of an inworld notification and not being honest and above board in general. 

• Like 1