Euro 24 - on SL!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 95 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

* blows loudly on a vuvuzela for you! * 

I used to have (or maybe I still do?? 🤔) an SL vuvuzela mouth attachment...someone made it inworld for the 2010 South Africa world cup. It was great but REALLY loud...if you let it off like an airhorn in an SL club, some hosts and owners would think you were noise-griefing 😬 But good fun to attach it and ride around the sandbox on a scooter B|

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I used to have (or maybe I still do?? 🤔) an SL vuvuzela mouth attachment...someone made it inworld for the 2010 South Africa world cup. It was great but REALLY loud...if you let it off like an airhorn in an SL club, some hosts and owners would think you were noise-griefing 😬 But good fun to attach it and ride around the sandbox on a scooter B|

Just like the library! Or, Is this a library?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I heard a rumour LL said that if England win tonight, all English Moles and Lindens get tomorrow off work :o

Last chance ever to list any inworld SL venues showing the game!  I think this will be a tough final, Spain are very good...

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

God help the women of England. 🙁

Yep, sadly though this phenomenon isn't restricted to England or even football.

Loads of studies showing the correlation between sports matches and increases in domestic abuse across many nations and many sports, including American football and ice hockey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

Spain were way better than us, frequently aided by our goalkeeper who gave them the ball by punting it long to their players most times that he had it.

Spain played as a team.  Southgate had no clues what to do with our squad.  Kane is past it.  The younger players were denied a chance to be heroes.

I turned over and watched Love Island.  Though I am grateful we get Trent and Joe Gomez back uninjured for when the proper football starts.  

• Like 1

The Spanish team was my favo so I was happy with the outcome. I do find the bashing of the English so unfair tho. They played great football and had several outstanding players, like Walker and Saka for instance. Spain was the better team and won. But football is a fickle thingy and England weren't that far from taking the trophy. Had they won I wouldn't even have found it unfair. (Well, maybe a little, but mostly since my heart is with Spain.) Stop blaming them. They were the second best team! I'm Swedish and we didn't even make it to the championship. Now that's something to whine about. You should be proud of your lions.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wilma Philbin said:

The Spanish team was my favo so I was happy with the outcome. I do find the bashing of the English so unfair tho. They played great football and had several outstanding players, like Walker and Saka for instance. Spain was the better team and won. But football is a fickle thingy and England weren't that far from taking the trophy. Had they won I wouldn't even have found it unfair. (Well, maybe a little, but mostly since my heart is with Spain.) Stop blaming them. They were the second best team! I'm Swedish and we didn't even make it to the championship. Now that's something to whine about. You should be proud of your lions.

So I think I'm one of the few Scots who actually supported England last night, my wife is English so it was a matter of matrimonial harmony :) 

I'm with you on what seems an unreasonably critical reaction on the part of England supporters to a team that actually made it to the final.

As a nation we Scots are always just happy to be invited to the party!

Edited by JacksonBollock
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 95 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.