Anatomy of Trolls and How to Deal with Them

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well my kind, loving feelings about r*pists, murderers, & psychopaths is that we gently place them in jail until they learn to behave.  And i will pray for them.

The context of the discussion is Second Life, not the real world.

You consistently reference real life in many of your posts.

8 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

"Indugences! Get them here! Forgiveness for adultery, tuppence each 2 for thruppence! Get one for the wife,, better yet, get one for somebody else's wife!"

Isn't that a catholic thing?

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

Or what age they represent inworld? 

Remind us who it was who refused to accept "personal responsibility" for the possibility that they might get banned from SL for wearing a "just 15 barely illegal" street corner hooker avatar to Adult rated regions, and foamed at the mouth about how the new rules will ban 50% of all female avatars and must be scrapped!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It's now 11 pages and counting while posters are trying to define what it is that should stopped. Meanwhile the victims that are hurting wait for activists to stop the perps so will not be hurt in future. Guess that will be a lifetime waiting!

What does someone have to do to make you realize both the victim and the victimizer should be addressed?   You keep making this a black/white issue.

• Like 1

Just now, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Remind us who it was who refused to accept "personal responsibility" for the possibility that they might get banned from SL for wearing a "just 15 barely illegal" street corner hooker avatar to Adult rated regions, and foamed at the mouth about how the new rules will ban 50% of all female avatars and must be scrapped!

Context, read the context. You can do it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Context, read the context. You can do it!

Don't whine as a little victim, Arielle -- just wear some clothes that make you clearly over 20 years of age.  Is that so difficult?

• Confused 1

On 5/20/2024 at 2:41 PM, Charlemagne Allen said:

Let me know if there's anything I've missed or if you have any experiences with trolls.

Sealions 

2014-09-19-1062sea.png

tumblr_p2kpfsNIxa1x22eo1o2_250.jpg

:D

Disclaimer: This post is not related or directed to anyone participating on this thread!  We are on a public forum, so I don't think it could apply here.  In SL though, I wonder how many people have put up with this sort of personality.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

What does someone have to do to make you realize both the victim and the victimizer should be addressed?   You keep making this a black/white issue.

I only ever see you address the abuser, not how the victim overcomes the historic, present and future abuse.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Don't whine as a little victim, Arielle -- just wear some clothes that make you clearly over 20 years of age.  Is that so difficult?

You don't Saturday Sale shop much do you. Too wrapped up in that blender!

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I only ever see you address the abuser, not how the victim overcomes the historic, present and future abuse.

I've already stated what I do in SL itself.

If you mean on the forum it's probably 50/50.  But you know, I should probably address the hard-headed perps more as they don't accept responsibility for themselves generally and so need more pushback.

4 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Sealions 

2014-09-19-1062sea.png

tumblr_p2kpfsNIxa1x22eo1o2_250.jpg

:D

Disclaimer: This post is not related or directed to anyone participating on this thread!  We are on a public forum, so I don't think it could apply here.  In SL though, I wonder how many people have put up with this sort of personality.

I think sealioning could be classified as a form of trolling, don't you?

• Like 2

It's amazing how complicated this all seems.

If you've hurt or upset someone doing something that you should reasonably know might cause hurt or upset, you're being an *****. If it was legitimately inadvertent, apologize.

Why not just . . . don't be an *****?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

If you mean on the forum it's probably 50/50.  But you know, I should probably address the hard-headed perps more as they don't accept responsibility for themselves generally and so need more pushback.

Really think that will work? Isn't that like trying the same over and over again expecting a different result?

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's amazing how complicated this all seems.

If you've hurt or upset someone doing something that you should reasonably know might cause hurt or upset, you're being an *****. If it was legitimately inadvertent, apologize.

Why not just . . . don't be an *****?

This takes away the freeeeeeedom to be an asshat....some people appear to not like that!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Really think that will work? Isn't that like trying the same over and over again expecting a different result?

I noticed someone got frustrated and left a bit ago, so confrontation at least gets rid of them for a bit!

• Confused 1

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

This takes away the freeeeeeedom to be an asshat....some people appear to not like that!

Sadly, yes, that's sort of what I'm hearing from some people here.

I don't get it myself.

Will it hurt their feelings, though, if I call out their behaviour and label them an ***** for it?

Nah. Who cares! Toughen up, snowflake!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.